KBS & Michael Breed Want Your Questions

What are your opinions on "flighted" iron shafts? Do you think that there any distinct advantages or disadvantages to flighting either in performance or from a design standpoint?

How important is the transition of a golfers swing on fitting to proper iron shafts as compared to just swing speed?

What technology across a shaft manufacturer's lines influence differences in ball flight with what would seemingly be the same swing? Wall thickness, flex points, materials?

Why do the KBS Tour90s respond so much better to a smooth swing vs a hard swing that one might put on the KBS Tour or C taper?
I was trying to figure out a way to word this question, but you did it better than I could have.

Question for Michael Breed. What is it about KBS shaft that you like? Have you seen improvements in your game with KBS powering your clubs?

Michael,
Why can I hit driver fine, irons fine (for the most part), but have so much trouble with FW and hybrids? Sometimes I'd rather be straight but short with a 4i than worry about snap-hooking or topping a FW or hybo.

What is your feeling on having various flex in a set of irons? Stiff flex in low to mid and regular + in the long irons.

Awesome. I think this goes in line with my pondering about putting higher launching shafts in the 3-4 and maintaining the stock 90s throughout the low end on my R11s. I feel like I could use the help on the high end getting it airborne.

For Breed, though KB might have some input.

What is the most common problem you see in fittings with the iron shafts that people are playing?

what are your views on uniflex shafts?

Michael- Distance is one facet of the KBS line as well as control, but distance stands out to most. Why is this so important to most amateur when direction usually isn't associated? How do you impress upon your student no to focus on the long ball but more control?

What role does/should tempo play in iron shaft selection?

KB I'd like to know how in the world you managed such a smooth feeling shaft? I have yet to swing a shaft with the feel of the KBS. What is it about the properties that give it its action?

I'll piggy back on this. Is it wise to slow or quicken your tempo to fit your swing to a shaft?

Some KBS shafts are made with hard-stepping/soft-stepping in mind, why is this an important attribute to have available?

I find myself getting quick in my take away as a round goes on. Any tips for working on a repeatable tempo while at the range?

yea, I am interested in the answer to this Jman as a player with a very short swing, but a forceful downswing with a quick tempo...

What is more imporatant in selecting a shaft flex swing speed or Tempo?

What is a good drill to do at home to determine if your swing speed is a good match for your current iron shaft?

What are some signs that your shaft may be affecting your ball flight? Put another way, are there any symptoms that may indicate that your shaft is either too flexible, or too stiff?

~Rock

1. Do you think all pros should pay for their equipment and no endorsement contracts? so when rest of us see that we know which clubs, shafts are being played by whom because they want to play with those, not because of $$$ they are being paid for ? *in ideal world, I guess

To Michael.
What are the best drills to get a more compact and eficient swing?

How do you handle the fact that most golfers focus on the club and not the shaft? How does this affect your marketing and approach to sales.

Dan

Another one for Michael:
If a player could only use one drill each range session before a round what would it be?

Great question to start this thread on! Thanks IceyShanks!

-CM

What is the biggest flaw you see with people when they select a shaft? or What is the most common mistake when people select a shaft?

Guys, there are some terrific questions on here! THANK YOU!

We are not sure how many questions will be answered by both of them, but will be back with some answers!

-CM

Guys, there are some terrific questions on here! THANK YOU!

We are not sure how many questions will be answered by both of them, but will be back with some answers!

-CM

Very cool! Thanks Conrad!

Back