Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

I played 36 holes yesterday and I will say this.

This may have just become one of my favorite drivers EVER!!! i just needed a little time with it. I missed 2 fairways yesterday with this driver. one was just a hilarious kick. The other was through the fairway and into the rough. I didnt think I was going to hit it 290 uphill. For real. I also didnt miss the center of the face. no big slicers, no hooks.

Par 5...500 yards...a little downhill. I was left with 150. And hit a 9 iron to 6 feet for eagle #2 of the season. I am so impressed with this driver right now.

Nice stuff One-T!

Now do me a favor and update your equipment in the spoiler.....too much Bridgestone in there now. :D

That is solid One-T. You are having similar success early on that I am. I am finding parts of the course, I never knew I could reach, without much change. Loving it so far. Glad to hear your setup is working for you.

One t, still have it on the upright setting?

I am still pondering one of these hard, and I am sort of the opposite of ddxu. I was very intrigued that the JDLs had the same flex profiles. I hit the stock 6S and LOVED it. But I really love just going after it with my driver. This is where I think the 7S would help me. On my good strikes my SS will be anywhere between 112-116 mph, but when my timing is just a tiny bit off I will slice the heck out of the thing. I think the heavier weight would help with my consistency since I certainly don't need a faster swing. I thought the 6S felt really nice so I wouldn't want to go X-flex or a different shaft really, I just think I would like a little more weight

Nice stuff One-T!

Now do me a favor and update your equipment in the spoiler.....too much Bridgestone in there now. :D
hahaha...I totally forgot about that.
That is solid One-T. You are having similar success early on that I am. I am finding parts of the course, I never knew I could reach, without much change. Loving it so far. Glad to hear your setup is working for you.
Yeah, This is the first driver that I have had where I was seeing success after 3 rounds. I am very impressed so far. Quite frankly, I think if people pick this up in a monitor and dont see instant success then they will put it down and walk away. But repetition with this driver is what sells it.
One t, still have it on the upright setting?

yes sir. I love it!!! So consistent right now.

This may have just become one of my favorite drivers EVER!!! i just needed a little time with it. I missed 2 fairways yesterday with this driver. one was just a hilarious kick. The other was through the fairway and into the rough. I didnt think I was going to hit it 290 uphill. For real. I also didnt miss the center of the face. no big slicers, no hooks.

Par 5...500 yards...a little downhill. I was left with 150. And hit a 9 iron to 6 feet for eagle #2 of the season. I am so impressed with this driver right now.

This is awesome, well done Jarret. Impressed with your eagles already.

This is awesome, well done Jarret. Impressed with your eagles already.
you better be impressed with my eagles

I am still pondering one of these hard, and I am sort of the opposite of ddxu. I was very intrigued that the JDLs had the same flex profiles. I hit the stock 6S and LOVED it. But I really love just going after it with my driver. This is where I think the 7S would help me. On my good strikes my SS will be anywhere between 112-116 mph, but when my timing is just a tiny bit off I will slice the heck out of the thing. I think the heavier weight would help with my consistency since I certainly don't need a faster swing. I thought the 6S felt really nice so I wouldn't want to go X-flex or a different shaft really, I just think I would like a little more weight

My big issue seems to be caused by a swing issue, where I have a negative attack angle at impact. So depending on your swing shape and characteristics, it might be perfect for you.

I like hearing this. How is your ball flight buddy? I know you thought you hit your last driver with the same shaft a little high.

My big issue seems to be caused by a swing issue, where I have a negative attack angle at impact. So depending on your swing shape and characteristics, it might be perfect for you.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I don't know my attack angle, but my launch angle seems to be high with every club as I really hit the ball high. I would be happy bringing my flight down a bit

I like hearing this. How is your ball flight buddy? I know you thought you hit your last driver with the same shaft a little high.
It is great. The example I gave where I hi t*t 290 into the rough....I would have considered that ball flight high. Apparently its perfect. hahaha. But, I do not consider the Matrix a low launcher. Call me crazy

the par 5 drive was downhill. Thanks Rhino! haha

It is great. The example I gave where I hi t*t 290 into the rough....I would have considered that ball flight high. Apparently its perfect. hahaha. But, I do not consider the Matrix a low launcher. Call me crazy

I happen to agree. Not low launch or low spin for me.

Your distance is big time. The eagles will come easy when you're throwing mid irons into greens on par 5s! Well done.

I am pretty anxious to get my hands on one of these in OH in a week and a half. By the sounds of it, these things are beastly.

Your distance is big time. The eagles will come easy when you're throwing mid irons into greens on par 5s! Well done.
Good, glad I am not going crazy. My brother always said...man, you hit that thing high for a low launcher.

Yeah, I would say my proper average with the driver right now is about 270. Which is plenty for me.

Its all about the swing. For me it remains maybe THE lowest launching out there. We're all different, but you are a FREAK with your spin numbers on the monitor. Hahahaha

Its all about the swing. For me it remains maybe THE lowest launching out there. We're all different, but you are a FREAK with your spin numbers on the monitor. Hahahaha
...you should see mine... :bulgy-eyes:

Yessir. Wish they were more explainable but such is life. The upright setting could very well be a game changer, if we're still on the topic of XL Custom. I tuned it and might not ever flip that shaft back over..

....well maybe to check it out haha, but I think NU is ideal for lots of us.

Yessir. Wish they were more explainable but such is life. The upright setting could very well be a game changer, if we're still on the topic of XL Custom. I tuned it and might not ever flip that shaft back over..

....well maybe to check it out haha, but I think NU is ideal for lots of us.

I actually re-installed the tip on my Indigo last night so in NU the shaft would still install label down. I'd say I'm a bit happy with it. Haha

Back