Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

both the Forged and Pro's have the look at address of the the DPC's. What I mean by look is thin top line and thin sole. The cell's are just way bigger in my opinion. Like I said I got spoiled...
So which one out of the Forged and Pro's give you better performance for your game?

The cells are definitely thicker than the DPC's.

I can see that now, but strictly from a playability perspective (forgiveness/control), wouldn't they be the closest aesthetics aside?

Is there a set that resmbles the looks and performance of the J40's most or is one set closer to looks on they eye and another closer to performance?

I would think the AMP Cell's would be the closest match to the DPC's while the AMP Cell Pro's would be more a match with the CB's.

I would say the AMP Forged have the nearest resemblance to the DPC at address. It's a little longer blade than the Pro's with a a tiny thicker topline. The AMP Cells blade length is probably the same, if not a touch longer, than the DPC, but the topline is thicker and there is more offset. Not that any of those things are bad, just a different look.

I can see that now, but strictly from a playability perspective (forgiveness/control), wouldn't they be the closest aesthetics aside?

Unless the Amp Forged are an option, those would be very DPC like IMO.

So which one out of the Forged and Pro's give you better performance for your game?

Obviously the Forged would cuz of the forgiveness. But man the pro's look so pretty. And I learned to play TM MB's... I will go and hit both the Pro's and Forged again.

Sounds like the Forged would be the best fir for BF with the least amount of transition from the DPC's... Assuming he has the right shaft he is looking for.

Boom. Dean and I on the same wavelength again. Scary.

I think the Finnisher said it best... A bad swing is a bad swing no matter what club I have in my hand. Not that I'm going by that but still.

I think the Finnisher said it best... A bad swing is a bad swing no matter what club I have in my hand. Not that I'm going by that but still.

it's true. I can shank a Cleveland Altitude iron just as much as some RF blades. It just comes down to what you are looking for in an iron.

Sounds like the Forged would be the best fir for BF with the least amount of transition from the DPC's... Assuming he has the right shaft he is looking for.

There is only one way to tell. Hit them both again! To bad I can't find a place to hit both outside.

I get that, but forgiveness still matters IMO.

I get that, but forgiveness still matters IMO.

Sure it does. Have you gamed the TM MB's? How would the forged and pro's compare to those Jman?

Sure it does. Have you gamed the TM MB's? How would the forged and pro's compare to those Jman?

I've hit them both is say mb's were a little more forgiving imo.

There is only one way to tell. Hit them both again! To bad I can't find a place to hit both outside.

Ahh gotcha. Hope you can get some apples to apples comparisons outside soon.

to me the AMP Forged remind me in looks of the AP2 which is a pretty good iron. So if one is really looking at an iron to compare it to I would look no further than those.

My stance on the AMP Forged for the MC is this. They were last years offering. If Cobra wants them represented I would consider them. However I would rather talk about something that is new and fresh to the market. The AF did not get a ton of play on this site, they did create some buzz at the outing last year but after that there were many other iron sets talked about. I don't think there is really anyone at fault for that. With iron testing and 3 companies in the MC there were a lot of irons being talked about. Before I make a choice, I actually want to hear from my sponsor to see if they want them represented in the MC.

I would say these would fall in between the MB's and the MC's. I played the MC's and spent some time with the MB's.

to me the AMP Forged remind me in looks of the AP2 which is a pretty good iron. So if one is really looking at an iron to compare it to I would look no further than those.

My stance on the AMP Forged for the MC is this. They were last years offering. If Cobra wants them represented I would consider them. However I would rather talk about something that is new and fresh to the market. The AF did not get a ton of play on this site, they did create some buzz at the outing last year but after that there were many other iron sets talked about. I don't think there is really anyone at fault for that. With iron testing and 3 companies in the MC there were a lot of irons being talked about. Before I make a choice, I actually want to hear from my sponsor to see if they want them represented in the MC.[/QUOTE]

That is an extremely good point!

I didn't realize you guys don't know for sure yet which irons were available.

That's why those of us mentioning the Amp Forged have always said also, IF they are offered.

I would say these would fall in between the MB's and the MC's. I played the MC's and spent some time with the MB's.

Thanks Dean. Unfortunately I didn't get to hit the MC's. So if they fall in between them. The Pro's would be easier to game than the MB's were??

Thanks Dean. Unfortunately I didn't get to hit the MC's. So if they fall in between them. The Pro's would be easier to game than the MB's were??

Imo yes but its probably won't be an overwhelming noticeable difference...at the end of the day, game whatever the heck u want to, its ur opportunity to snag whatever u want man

That's why those of us mentioning the Amp Forged have always said also, IF they are offered.

yup, I have always said IF. TBH even IF they are, I might go against it.

I would say yes because of the design in the 4-6. From the 7-PW I bet they would play extremely similar.

I would say yes because of the design in the 4-6. From the 7-PW I bet they would play extremely similar.

I like the sound of that. I had a much harder time with the 3/4/5 than I wanted in the MB's. So this would definitely help... Hmmm... Okay I guess wait to find out what :cobra: would like represented. It's about them not me.

Back