Stacy Lewis climbs to the top of the world rankings

I've always enjoyed watching Lewis, and it's so cool to see her rise to the top! Hope she has a lengthy stay.

I like the women's game, pretty nice to watch. I want to like Yani Tseng, but she's way too bipolar. One second she's playing practical jokes and giggling, next she's pouting about being #1. I'm glad there's a new #1 and it's someone with a little more positivity. I thought it was cute when she was wagging her finger at her caddy when she made that winning putt.

Hrm we must be watching different Stacy Lewis's. I don't think I've ever seen her smile in any interview or during a round unless she won/is winning. In fact most of the time it seems she has a scowl on her face.

I am glad an American rose to #1 though.

Hrm we must be watching different Stacy Lewis's. I don't think I've ever seen her smile in any interview or during a round unless she won/is winning. In fact most of the time it seems she has a scowl on her face.

I agree with u, on golf channel they showed her making final putts to win some event and there was no enthusiasm at all

Paula Creamer is the same way. She is quite a sourpuss when she isn't playing well. Sucks to be her caddy when she is playing poorly.

I'm happy to see the world's best golfer as #1 and Stacy certainly deserves it. We're pretty fortunate to get the world's top ladies play in Australia for summer events. Stacy and Yani are both regular visitors. I really enjoy these events. I admire the effort all these golfers make, to avail themselves to fans and the media. It's a pretty fun environment. However, come game time, I expect game faces. I don't see scowls. I see gritty determination and all the emotions associated with golf's fickle nature. If Stacy wants to, she may change a few things. I remember what Yani was like 5 years ago. She has come along way.

I'm more referring to her confidence in her game. I don't care much about them smiling. If you have an issue with your game, fix it. Don't come crying on camera about how tough it is to be #1. Lewis is positive in that she is absolutely confident in her game. She's overcome a lot of physical challenges and I don't see her whining about how lonely it is at the top if and when she struggles next. I just think Tseng (same with Wie) has become such a head case and I haven't seen that from Lewis.

As of April 15, Inbee Park took over the top spot. Yani has fallen to number four.

As of April 15, Inbee Park took over the top spot. Yani has fallen to number four.
I saw that. Seems the top spot could be a hot seat for a while.

I don't understand women's sports. The top spot changes with the wind in golf and tennis. Do they have something or is their system broken

Less spotlight, less pressure, less domination.
Or is it that there is a more level playing field?

edit: less domination does cover that....my bad

I don't understand women's sports. The top spot changes with the wind in golf and tennis. Do they have something or is their system broken

Tell that to Annika and Lorena.

I'm sure it's both. Plus women's bodies are constantly changing. Especially in the ages of most of these tour players.

Dude, what?

It's not that hard to understand guys.

Understanding what you meant is not the same as understanding the ridiculous reasoning behind your saying it.

Bodies change, desires change.

Annika and Lorena both quit because their bodies were telling them it was time to be a mother. Also women fluctuate in weight far more than men do. If anyone's played golf through a weight change, they'd understand.

Bodies change, desires change.

Annika and Lorena both quit because their bodies were telling them it was time to be a mother. Also women fluctuate in weight far more than men do. If anyone's played golf through a weight change, they'd understand.
Actually Annika quit for a completely different reason.

Stacy Lewis just gained the top spot and M bee park (same size since I used to practice with her) just took it. Unless Stacy gained 40 pounds and got preto in the last month I'm to sure your logic old water.

Actually Annika quit for a completely different reason.

Stacy Lewis just gained the top spot and M bee park (same size since I used to practice with her) just took it. Unless Stacy gained 40 pounds and got preto in the last month I'm to sure your logic old water.

It doesn't take 40 pounds to send a swing off kilter.

And oh really? Why did Annika retire?

It doesn't take 40 pounds to send a swing off kilter.

And oh really? Why did Annika retire?

According to her "I love the competition, but not the daily grind anymore". She was 37.

I love the smell of misogyny in the morning

Back