Most unforgiving driver on the market?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
We talk about the best, the longest abs the most forgiving. But I want to know what you feel is the least forgiving. This isn't a bash fest but some good sound feedback.
For me it's the J40. I like the look and so wanted it to work but I feel the misses are so penal in results and feel. To me it's the 'blade' of the driver class. Those that can hit it do so well and the rest are struggling.

Are you just referring to the head, or are you referring to a driver and it's OEM shaft as the driver?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

For me it's the J40. I like the look and so wanted it to work but I feel the misses are so penal in results and feel. To me it's the 'blade' of the driver class. Those that can hit it do so well and the rest are struggling.

This basically describes Callaway's X Hot line for me.

I remember the Superdeep as a punishing driver.

For me it was the PING Anser. I went into the demo desperately wanting to like it enough to let go of my R11s because I really liked the look of the Anser. It was probably the worst I hit all day

Tapa Slice

For me it was the Ping Anser. Couldn't get to liking it.

I hit most if this seasons offering and really liked the Callaway xhot. Thought it had the biggest sweet spot. If you have trouble hitting the sweet spot them I would recommend the r1 Taylormade

Hmm, I tested 5 or 6 different models when I got fitted for my R1. I didn't think any of them were exceptionally difficult to hit, but I was hitting more game improvement type stuff, I guess you could say. I got the worst results with the Amp Cell and RBZ Stage 2 of any I tried, but they weren't bad. Now if I went up to an Anser, J40 or something like that, I'd probably have a tougher time of it.

J40 was so low spin that I couldn't keep it in the air. The shaft might have had something to do with it but ugh, terrible time out with it.

The sad part is that I hit the Anser right down the middle, a lot. I could not ever get used to the sound. It makes me flinch just thinking about it.

Last edited:
For me the R11 didn't seem as forgiving as other options on the market.

R11 and Anser for me as well

J40 was so low spin that I couldn't keep it in the air. The shaft might have had something to do with it but ugh, terrible time out with it.

I could say this about the Covert Tour for me. I could not get it off of the ground...and I own and love an OG Classic, which is a spin killer. That and the R11 would be the two most unforgiving drivers to me.

Yeah the R11 wasn't too forgiving for me

I could say this about the Covert Tour for me. I could not get it off of the ground...and I own and love an OG Classic, which is a spin killer. That and the R11 would be the two most unforgiving drivers to me.
The covert fits this for me this year as well.

Don't know why but the R11 and R11S were both absolute garbage for me. In fact, the R1 is the first TM driver that I've been able to hit reasonably well...

I seriously struggle hitting the J40. Just doesn't work for me. :D

In all seriousness, the Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme. That thing is really unforgiving.

I could not get Adams driver of a few models I tried working.
I found Nike Covert driver not quite working for me neither.
Then there is Taylormade RBZ drivers. that was just wrong for me.

For me it was the entire xhot line of woods.

The Stage2 was pretty unforgiving, but mainly because to shaft length.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

R11 and the Razr. I love the new razr fit extreme and have not hit the R1.

Adams F11 and F12. Unless you was perfect with it the ball went no where.

For me it was the Titleist, Im sure its my swing, but i just seem to generate a ton of side spin.

For me it was the Titleist, Im sure its my swing, but i just seem to generate a ton of side spin.

Which series driver? I love the 910 but anything after that I don't like as much

Tapa Slice

Back