12 Year Old - Horrible Headline

I'm actually surprised ESPN found time to write a story that isn't about Tebow or Lebron.

Tap, tap, taparoo

ESPNuk article....that is why.

I'm really starting to distance myself from espn. I used to watch it religiously until the LeBron to Miami fiasco mixed in with the Tebowmania. They don't report anything newsworthy anymore and when they try, they look classless like they did in this article. Smh

Just FYI, typically the article writers don't write the headlines. Typically a copy editor does that.

Doesn't excuse the poor headline though.

I am AMAZED! How a 12 year old is able to block out the distractions, tee it from the pro box and shoot a 79 is awesome and something I hope he is proud of doing. ESPN totally blew this one.

The FedEx champion shot a 79 today. Just saying.

Pretty much echo the sentiments in this thread. A totally ridiculous headline. The fact he has even qualified to play in a professional golf event, let alone one on the European tour, aged 12, I say that's more than impressive!!!!

I'll be ecstatic when I shoot 79 at 22, much less AT 12. Shame on ESPN for reporting how they did.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I love how the author is "ESPN Staff". I'd imagine the author was embarrassed to put his/her name on it.

Well the kid made ESPN top plays #6, for his chip in for bogie on a par.

ESPN has become unwatchable and quit watching a couple of months ago.

Was coming in this thread to post the same thing. They are all about "reporting" whatever will generate buzz and revenue for ESPN. Havent turned on SportsCenter in 6 months and that used to be all I watched in the mornings.

the espn staff is populated by a bunch of mouth breathing imbeciles. Look at their roster, what do you expect when your front line "intellectuals" are Chris Berman, Stephen A Smith, and Skip Bayless. Considering +hdcp people shoot in the 80s and 90s, 79 from a 12 year old is an amazing feat.

Maybe he shouldn't be playing in professional events at 12. just playing devils advocate don't beat me up.

Well I'm very impressed, to be able to break 80 on a 7400 yd course prepped to European Tour standards. :good:

Beats hanging out on street corners doing faff all.................

THIS JUST IN

“Veteran reporter ‘ESPN Staff’ fails to impress for record-breaking 189[SUP]th[/SUP] week in a row”

Grizzled, battle tested reporter known only as ESPN Staff has just broken the long standing record of unimpressive journalism, by failing to inspire readers for the 189[SUP]th[/SUP] week in a row.
ESPN Staff overcame multiple obstacles, laws of probability and possibly even the laws of physics when it did the unthinkable May 1[SUP]st[/SUP] by writing yet another lackluster headline. The record was previously held by TMZ, and it was a record that industry experts didn’t expect to fall so soon.
“I was shocked to see ESPN Staff take that title away from TMZ so quickly.” quipped an industry expert that reads at at least a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] grade level. “I mean TMZ has been pumping out worthless information for so long, I don’t think anyone saw this coming. ESPN Staff truly did the unthinkable here – they were really the dark horse in this journalistic race to the bottom.”
The odds were stacked against ESPN Staff from the beginning. Putting up such big flops week in and week out was no easy task. It meant completely ignoring ones expensive Ivy-League Education, conventional wisdom, and possibly even common sense - which has historically taught us that even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while, and that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(more…)

Last edited:
That's just depressing that anyone would write that.

I'm certainly impressed. Well played him!

Back