Cobra US Open AMP Cell Pro Limited Edition Driver

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
What a stunning driver to look at!!!
6a00d8341caaef53ef017eeadf7a0d970d-pi

Another major, another line of special edition gear. And while the U.S. Open isn't exactly around the corner, Cobra's getting us started with a first look at their commemorative red, white and blue driver. Because it's never too early for a little patriotism. Unlike for the Masters, when Cobra released 1,800 green AMP Cell drivers, they're cutting back the quantity for the Open. This time, they're releasing just 600 AMP Cell Pro drivers. (The change makes sense, since the non-"Pro" AMP Cell already comes in blue.) It'll cost you, too: Cobra suggests a $499 retail, or about $100 more than the non-commemorative club.
Of course, it has all the same tech you'd get in the regular club. That means the "MyFly" adjustable hosel, which switch between six different loft settings (7.5°, 8.5°, 8.5° Fade, 9.5°, 9.5° Fade and 10.5°), and a "SmartPad" sole to help keep club square through all of that tweaking. What is different here -- other than the color scheme and the number stamped on the bottom -- is the shaft: The Open edition comes with an Aldila RIP Phenom shaft instead of the standard MRC Kurokage.
If you're interested, the club goes on sale June 1st. Or, if you're more of an Anglophile at heart, perhaps wait another month. We're guessing they'll roll out the British Open version by then. Fingers crossed for Union Jacks.

Saw that on twitter, looks amazing!

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Can a mod add Pro to the title, sorry I goofed that it should be "AMP Cell Pro"

Wow thats a great looking head!!

I wonder what the top's like. I can get behind those looks!

Damn! Another solid looking cobra driver!

Very nice!! I like that it is the Pro version as well.

Sweet color way. Merica!

Gorgeous! Cobra/Puma is really pumping out some awesome looking stuff this year :thumb:

I'm on the fence with the looks on this one, will have to wait until I see a non "stock" picture of it. Definitely a 'MERICA driver for sure.

Now if they can just make a Canadian open one...

I'm like it. Can't go wrong with the patriotic colors.

Wow, that is one very nice looking driver.

Usa usa usa !!

I'm not a Cobra guy, but that looks awesome. Since everyone has been doing the apparel, footwear and golf bag themed stuff for the majors, I wonder if Cobra is starting a new trend.

I'm on the fence with the looks on this one, will have to wait until I see a non "stock" picture of it. Definitely a 'MERICA driver for sure.

60bc725290.jpg

This driver is sweet.

Perhaps the sexiest driver I've ever seen. I need that blue shaft!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

looks cool nice they went with a real deal Rip Phenom

'Merica! Sweet color combo

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

another great idea from Cobra. bet it will look stunning in person, same as the Masters Edition.

Sure is a sweet looking driver.
Maybe one for each Major this year?

O My Golly that is amazing. I'd have to hang that one on the wall next to my shadow box and retirement stuff.

:soldier:

So gorgeous. THP contest? Maybe.......

So gorgeous. THP contest? Maybe.......

Im no fortune teller but if I were a betting man I would say the odds of this are high.

Back