Not open for further replies.
Played 45 yesterday
First 18 I put an 8i about 18 inches from the cup on a 150 yd Par 3
On the day I had only 4 birdies
But I missed around 8 birdie putts from 12 foot range
Greens rolled terribly due to a ton of rain day before

PW from 123, only birdie of the day.

duza7ury.jpg

Playing match play, missed the green, had to pitch on to severely sloping green to have any chance of par. Left myself 20 footer. My opponent was on back fringe in 2. His first putt left him 6 foot for a 4.

Rattled the putt in. He missed his 6 footer. Classic Matchplay!

Played the Old Orange Course at Verandah today, playing the senior tees with my dad. Tee shot on the 9th hole went 295 yards marking with gps on the phone. I hit it over the trees to the left of the fairway and started walking. I didn't know exactly where it was, but I knew it was turning back towards the middle and was murdered.

cwk1A.png

Hit quite a few good shots yesterday, but the 2 that really stood out were a chip-in on the 9th for a birdie from just off the back of the green and on the 5th I hit an 8i from around 155yds to a 2 tier green with the pin on the top level which finished about 6ft from the hole and I dropped the putt for a birdie

Hooked my tee shot on a short par 4 dogleg right. Bare lie, in the trees, 140 yards over water to a green sloping right to left. Clean strike with a 5h, rising, landing softly to 8 inches below the hole. Magnificent, if I do say so myself.

Only birdie of the day.

I did have another gap wedge from 90 yards to 2 inches but it was from the middle of the fairway and it was good for a par four.

115 yard par 3 playing at 105 with a tucked pin.

56* wedge to 3' and made the birdie putt!

From Friday on par 5 hit my 5 wood from 205 out to about 15 feet. Missed the eagle putt by about 6 inches.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Stuck a 4 wood from 235 to save a par after a horrible drive.

This was about a week ago but I had 115 and hit a great shot to the back of the green and took one bounce and went in....it also bounce back out. The next hole I also sunk a putt from 60+ feet for par.

Our league had its monthly scramble today at a local course. The 8th hole is a par 5, around 475 from the "senior" tees. We used my drive most of the day, as well as on this hole. Our second shot was 225 to the center of the green. I hit my 4Hybrid onto the green, about 30 feet past the hole. Even though this wasn't a long par 5, its been a couple of years since I've been on a par 5 in two. (One guy in our group sunk the putt for eagle.)

Otherwise terrible round was made a litte better with a better with a 300 yard 3 wood. Mind you it was down breeze, slightly down hill.

16th at home club,392 yards from the whites,got under the drive a bit but went straight but no distance, left me 184 to middle,hit 4i straight at it finished 3ft pin high...pitch mark was about 6 inches from the cup dead on..what makes it even better is the hole runs along the side of the clubhouse and all the old boys and wives etc (it was sunday carvery lunch) got to see me stripe it :)

Working on a swing change, and there were three shots that stood out (though two of the three results weren't actually good, the swings were great) that demonstrated the changes are starting to click:

First, and definitely best shot of the day, was a three iron on a par 3 playing downhill and 254 yards to the pin. Hit it flush, was high, soft, and landed about 30 feet left of the pin on the sideslope of the green. It released down to about 15 feet from the pin. Best shot I've hit on that hole ever.

GPS had me 285 to the middle of the green on a par 5. Pured my 3 wood, bounced on the front of the green and hopped off the back. GPS'd at 298 yards total. Don't know that I've ever hit a 3 wood that far.

Lastly, hit the longest drive of my life that I've recorded. 362 yards according to GPS on a slightly downhill par 5, right down the gut. Beautiful trajectory and felt great. Unfortunately, there's a creek that crosses the fairway at 365 yards and my ball rolled into the long stuff along the edge, forcing a layup.

Felt good to hit a couple great shots based on the swing changes I'm working on. Just have to figure out my distances so I can be confident in them. Also, I definitely don't expect distances like the 3W and drive on a regular basis. But the swing speed and trajectory are good when I do it right.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

8 iron to about 6 inches. Well that's where the ball mark was. Rolled out to about 8 feet. Sank the putt for birdie.

Nuked a 3w today on a long par 5...I was 255 out and just hammered the 3w....it landed short and took several nice hops and rolled up on the green leaving me 22 feet for eagle!

Miss the eagle...but I will take tap in birdies any day of the week!

I X-BOMBED my drive on the par 5 8th hole today. 520 yard hole and I was right by the 150 marker. Now its obviously a dogleg that I cut the corner on, not a 370 yard drive, but it was every bit of 330 or more, with wind assistance.

I can honestly say I've never pulled 9 iron on my 2nd shot of a par 5.... and sailed the shot OVER the green... wow.

AmTour event yesterday. It's pretty well documented that I do not hit the ball a long way. Par 4 dogleg left and pretty long for me. Pulled the drive into the inside of the dogleg and hit a tree top. The ball came down in the first cut but I still had to play out to the right since the left side was tree lined all the way to the green and the pin was cut on the left.

Normally, I would have taken my Mashie and played for the far right side of the green taking the trees out of play. That's how I lined up too. Then, as I was over the ball, I just felt like I could draw it. I have no idea why since I don't draw the ball. It almost startled me. I could hear myself talking myself out of the shot too, but I simply changed my alignment to the inside right portion of the green allowing for the draw back into the front left.

The shot came off exactly how I saw it.......well almost. Came up about 10 yards short, but I made the up and in. I cannot explain it, but that shot was just "there" for the taking. Has that ever happened to you guys? Something you don't normally do seems so natural? That was an awesome feeling I tell ya!

J.

Today, I was playing a practice round with a couple of buddies, just trying to work on a couple of things. I put a 9 iron hole high, 5 feet to the right. That was the best shot I've had in two weeks (it's been a struggle).

Nuked a 3w today on a long par 5...I was 255 out and just hammered the 3w....it landed short and took several nice hops and rolled up on the green leaving me 22 feet for eagle!

Miss the eagle...but I will take tap in birdies any day of the week!
Great shot! I find long approaches (250+) on par 5's to be a very tough shot to make. Between the tough to hit club I'm holding, the thought that I probably should be laying up instead, and the pressure on me now that I've waited for the green to clear I don't know what makes it hardest. If I can pull it off you won't wipe the grin off my face for a few holes.

2 shots from the weekend stand out for me. The first was on Saturday on our par 4 5th. I had about 85 yards left after laying up with my second and hit a 3/4 SW to 3' to save par.

The 2nd shot was on Sunday in a greensomes competition. I had hit a really good drive on the par 5 3rd, my partner then hit a really bad shot leaving 200 yards uphill into the wind for our 3rd shot. I waited for the game in front to finish and then flushed a 3w onto the front of the green.

Great shot! I find long approaches (250+) on par 5's to be a very tough shot to make. Between the tough to hit club I'm holding, the thought that I probably should be laying up instead, and the pressure on me now that I've waited for the green to clear I don't know what makes it hardest. If I can pull it off you won't wipe the grin off my face for a few holes.

Yeah, the grin stayed there for quite a few holes...hehe

Normally at 255 I would have layed up with a 7 iron to about a 100, but I was really hitting the ball well and I had just hit a drive that was about 20 yards longer than normal so I thought...what the hell lets give it a rip....when it rolled up on the green I was amazed.

I really think my GolfTec lessons are helping because I seem to be 10 yards longer with all my clubs lately on average.

I'm a big hitter, some of you who play with me have seen it, but yesterday I even surprised myself. A 356 yd par 4, narrow and straight. It looked like a movie, I pulled driver, bombed it dead straight. And watched it fly and fly and fly, it carried 330 and I watched it roll to a stop 20 feet from the flag!!! That was the highlight of my PB round yesterday where I shattered my old record by 4 strokes for a 81

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I hit an 8 iron to a small green from 160 yards and it stuck to about a foot short of the hole...first birdie of the year!

Three wood off the tee, perfect draw around the dogleg, middle of the fairway, 285 off the tee. Exactly as I visualized it.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back