Club Fitting Experiences/Questions (Shafts, Clubs)

I reached out to Bridgestone via b-fit and they recommended a fitter in my area to talk with about providing me info to help me set up my bag. I have never gone through a formal fitting. What should I expect and what kind of questions should I be asking this guy?

I reached out to Bridgestone via b-fit and they recommended a fitter in my area to talk with about providing me info to help me set up my bag. I have never gone through a formal fitting. What should I expect and what kind of questions should I be asking this guy?

He should ask most of the questions, take measurements and watch your swing. He will hopefully have several shafts to try to get you ideal #'s. You should be honest about your game and your issues.

Like Howzat said he will probably ask more questions than you. Just give honest answers and go in with an open mind. I wouldn't go in thinking what you need to hit but go in just looking to give some good swings and see where the numbers take you.

Thanks guys... I hope to get there this weekend or early next week. I want to have answers ready when the tour rep come asking for them.

Your fitting situation is pretty unique since you're only looking at one line of clubs for a fitting. Definitely make sure he understands that.

Scheduled a fitting for Tuesday at my local range with the pro there who has played some pro golf and is a coach at one of the local colleges and also owns a course nearby.

I went in and talked to him about getting fitted for a new driver shaft and 5wd shaft. We talked about the game a bit, his experience playing and different club manufactures. He is a titleist, callaway, Nike and ping fitter. When we talked about me getting fit for shafts he asked if I was set on just getting shafts or if I was interested in changing clubs if we could get better performance which I said I'm all for changing as long as I can afford to do it. We also talked about irons and checking my loft, lie and shafts in my ci11's.

This will be my first fitting since I have got back in the game and am excited to get fit and will talk to him about getting lessons. I'm also worried I might end up wanting to switch out my whole bag after seeing the numbers.

All the fitting discussions are awesome.. There's soooo much value in playing the clubs best suited for you.

For me, I'm considering doing a full bag fitting locally soon. From driver to putter (even though I've never been more confident about a driver shaft in my life -- Still want to get the best smash factor/shaft/loft combo). As long as the place I'm checking out has the new Cleveland cart, I'll be doing so on trackman which provides a TON of feedback!

called around yesterday, no luck finding a Bridgestone fitter, got an email into BFIT to see if they can point me in the right direction

Canadan are you playing Cleveland in the Morgan cup?

Mike is that your sponsor for the Morgan Cup? I hope you can find a fitter close by to you.

called around yesterday, no luck finding a Bridgestone fitter, got an email into BFIT to see if they can point me in the right direction

Mike, one thing I was going to try and still might is to go on B-fit and ask which other mfg they have the most info about or is most similar to Bridgestone and then try to get fitted for that OEM
. Once you know what your answers would e for that line, bring that to b-fit and let them give answers based on tht info. On paper that should work right?

Lets see. Perhaps I know someone that could help that you will be playing golf with in a couple of weeks. I think you will be okay.

As a backup, WR, is quite right. You will be armed with that info.

Lets see. Perhaps I know someone that could help that you will be playing golf with in a couple of weeks. I think you will be okay.

As a backup, WR, is quite right. You will be armed with that info.

Ha ha that thought crossed my mind lol. Stupid down time at work leaves the kind to wander way too much.

Is there anyway to make a .335 adapter fit on a .350 tipped shaft?

Can't sand it to fit w/o damage?

you can but it's a risk. Not worth it IMO.

Graphite is rolled in layers. If you sand it then you are going to be knocking a layer off of the shaft. I'd imagine it would really compromise the integrity and stability of the shaft.

Bumping this for Bullfrog. Let talk shafts buddy, what are you thinking?

I am really wanting to go graphite again. When I did the mizuno shaft optimizer last year it spit out PX 5.5 in steel or graphite. If I'm not mistaken 5.5 is in between a R and S. Would it make more sense to go stronger or weaker, if that makes sense?

would like to keep it similar if I can. I know nothing will be exactly the same unless I get the same shafts. I'm still leaning stiff. But not sure.

I think the AMP Cell pros will play very similar to the J40 DPC's. Maybe a tad lower launch. For graphite I think the KURO KAGE may be your only close option. The stock graphites are half the weight of the PX.

I am really wanting to go graphite again. When I did the mizuno shaft optimizer last year it spit out PX 5.5 in steel or graphite. If I'm not mistaken 5.5 is in between a R and S. Would it make more sense to go stronger or weaker, if that makes sense?

Based on the info on the Mitsu site I would say stiff. Plus you tend to have a fairly aggressive swing.

When I first got picked as a Cobra staffer kk stiff was the first ones I picked. In fact I printed off shafts options and had those circled. I do go at the ball aggressively. It's my Hercules complex.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Would one see different numbers hitting off a mat versus grass?

Would one see different numbers hitting off a mat versus grass?

Depends on the number. If you are talking distance I would say yes as the mat can really hide some miss hits. If you are testing each shaft under the same conditions it should be fine.

I mean in spin and launch angle. Since the mat won't give way.

Back