BarberPole Putters - THP Preview

Looks cool, I really like the grip, it's festive. Anxious to hear the results

Definitely different. I don't think the looks bother me as much as some other people, it actually looks not half bad.

So basically a 21st century TearDrop putter?

So basically a 21st century TearDrop putter?

That was my initial thought as well.

Brad, you aren't alone, I actually think its a pretty clean/sharp putter.

It has a nice look, but it's something we've seen before. When I looked at it the first thing came to mind is T.P MILLS. I may be mistaken, but it didn't give me the wow. Although the brass looks good with the paint fill colors they selected. In time though I would expect the black to disappear with natural patina. How is the weight in comparison to what is in your stable Jman?

It has a nice look, but it's something we've seen before. When I looked at it the first thing came to mind is T.P MILLS. I may be mistaken, but it didn't give me the wow. Although the brass looks good with the paint fill colors they selected. In time though I would expect the black to disappear with natural patina. How is the weight in comparison to what is in your stable Jman?

You have to remember though, if we want to get right down to it, a CRAPLOAD of putter designs go back to Mills, but I do agree its definitely a classic headshape...but I like that myself.

I'll be interested to see if it will patina or if they have clear coated it to prevent that. I do love a patina'd putter!

I may be blind but I can't find the headweight. In hand I would guess about 350g, I'll pull the head tonight to weigh it and see though!

You have to remember though, if we want to get right down to it, a CRAPLOAD of putter designs go back to Mills, but I do agree its definitely a classic headshape...but I like that myself.

I'll be interested to see if it will patina or if they have clear coated it to prevent that. I do love a patina'd putter!

I may be blind but I can't find the headweight. In hand I would guess about 350g, I'll pull the head tonight to weigh it and see though!

I agree with you here. We would not hear much about the similar design style if this were say a Bettinardi. I think it is too be expected though. Most newer designers are expected to offer something unique, otherwise why take the chance.

That would look sweet with a patina. Especially to a guy that likes a little rust on the wedges.

Or a Cameron I guess to. It was just my first impression. But it is pretty slick looking

Or a Cameron I guess to. It was just my first impression. But it is pretty slick looking

I think its normal perception T2GRN. It happens with just about all of us that pay close attention to the gear.

I agree with you here. We would not hear much about the similar design style if this were say a Bettinardi. I think it is too be expected though. Most newer designers are expected to offer something unique, otherwise why take the chance.

Exactly. I don't understand how certain companies "recycling" other companies designs (designs that can easily be traced back to, say, Mills and Solheim for example) isn't a big deal at all, but a company that is new or unknown doing it is blasphemy. Things that make me go, hmmmmmmmm.

That would look sweet with a patina. Especially to a guy that likes a little rust on the wedges.

You know it! Ooooooh you have me hoping it will now.

I don't mind the design copies. That argument is way too old.

I just think they could've really used the barber pole color scheme well. And that head cover quality looks atrocious.

By what, making the whole thing red white and blue? Oof.

I like it dude. Clean look IMO. You bringing it to FL?

Headcover does look odd though.

I agree you could almost come back to a ton of putter designs to mills the one you're reviewing is very very similar... its not that i think its an issue that they copy other designs every company does i just wish more companies would gamble more with new designs instead of playing it safe... but i guess when you're a new company its harder to gamble. compared to bigger companies that can gamble and lay an egg once and a while.

I guess when it comes down to it some newer companies financially can't gamble with new or unique designs before they get established. i think one of the reasons i like Bettinardi so much is they can come up with a great mix of styles that are very unique or try new things because they are more established and can gamble with designs and plus they have collection obsessed fans that will buy almost anything they put out. I dunno i think to really catch peoples eye you need to do something different or unique. i wish more companies would do that, i think thats even why i'm a big seemore fan now as well. they really did something unique to start and now are branching out with newer designs and models that are a lot more eye catching then when they first started.

Very classic look, looking forward to the thoughts. Liking the simplicity of this putter.

I can't wait to read some feedback on the radius face buddy! It's a very unique design in colour and the face, although i will say, the first time I saw pictures of these putters the grips were very barber pole'ish. I wish that could be said about the putter you received!

I like it dude. Clean look IMO. You bringing it to FL?

Headcover does look odd though.

It'll be there good sir.

Agree. Everyone copies everyone else. Move on.

You mean move on like this:
Rut row. Cue the, "cast is just as good" argument.

This all cracks me up. I'm looking forward to putting this one through its paces and seeing how it performs just like I do/have every other putter I have had in my possession. I enjoy new things, its a classic headhsape, classic material and a classic roll-face tech combined into one package and that has certainly caught my eye.

You mean move on like this:
LOL...OK, then. My, "move on" comment referring to people saying this brand copies that brand. What you quoted was tongue in cheek because the maker of this putter referred to dead spots that cast putters can have. (which is a bit of an exaggeration on their part) That was what my, "rut row" comment was referring to because people seem to get all bent out of shape when you say things like that about cast clubs.
This all cracks me up. I'm looking forward to putting this one through its paces and seeing how it performs just like I do/have every other putter I have had in my possession. I enjoy new things, its a classic headhsape, classic material and a classic roll-face tech combined into one package and that has certainly caught my eye.
I look forward to an update from you on it. Ive always been a fan of brass putters, starting way back in the late '90s when I gamed a Titleist Bullseye.

That putter looks awesome. Got a nice sleek style to it

Copper and brass putters get my attention. I like the looks of this.

I really like the brass head, looks very sharp. I think you picked the best looking putter of the four, I do prefer the traditional barber pole grip over the one you got it adds more of the brands character IMO.

I really like the brass head, looks very sharp. I think you picked the best looking putter of the four, I do prefer the traditional barber pole grip over the one you got it adds more of the brands character IMO.

I agree on both counts, the mallets are actually very clean as well, but this Lahinch is just a clean classic design IMO. I asked for the other grip, but I'm thinking I worded it incorrectly, this one feels nice...but the other just screams personality!

I really like the stamping on it. That putter shape would fit my eye nicely.

Back