What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A red/white Tour Trek One Click 2.0. And a dozen of Wilson staff duo blems

7ehutu5a.jpg

Nice pickup. Certainly a deal for the price. Used mine for the first time this week, same color, and was quite impressed. The one click fold is phenomenal.

Nice pickup. Certainly a deal for the price. Used mine for the first time this week, same color, and was quite impressed. The one click fold is phenomenal.

I am excited for league play tomorrow. It also helps having a family member work at a golf store. I love the one click and how easy the wheels come off

Nice looking setup TimG !

I am excited for league play tomorrow. It also helps having a family member work at a golf store. I love the one click and how easy the wheels come off

In that case, a VERY good deal for the price!

Just bought my 12-year-old son a new set of US Kids clubs. After much encouragement, my son has decided to try out for the middle school golf team. Don't know if he'll make it, but excited he's decided to give it a shot.

Snagged a 909DComp w/ Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 today online for cheap.

I've always wanted to try a Titleist driver. I would have gone for the 910 series, but it's slightly out of my price range. I've heard good things about the DComp, and I've been wanting to try the X-Con 5 for years. We'll see how it goes.

buying a green fee ticket counts?

Cleveland 270 / RIP 60 off Craigslist and a cool $2 putter from Goodwill that I've never heard of. It balances better than my Ray Cook.

Picked up my GW that I ordered and also getting a new sole plate for my R11s that has split.

Bought a few Tour Velvet 360 grips. Amazing what the new google search button on THP can do.

Not technically a "bought today," but I did want to make a quick post about my new 588 Altitudes that arrived this weekend and plug a fantastic online (and brick and mortar if you're in the Boston area).

I managed to win an eBay auction from 3balls.com for a set of Altitudes (regular graphite shafts; 4-DW). Got what I thought at the time was a pretty good deal on a "like new" set that would scratch two itches in terms of wanting to try out some new tech for my game: hybrid irons and graphite shafts. Well, the clubs arrived on Saturday (unfortunately in the middle of a rainy day), but when I opened them, I realized that my good deal was actually pretty fantastic. All the clubs still had the plastic wrappers on the grips and every iron head (except for the 7 iron) had the plastic on as well. Even the 7 iron had absolutely no marks on the face and looks like it may have been swung and hit a carpeted shop floor once (just had the smallest little mark on the sole). On top of that, the shop is local and while I had to pay shipping through eBay (you don't on their website for orders more that 100 bucks), I won the auction at 8:00 or so on Thursday night; clubs shipped Friday; arrived with Saturday delivery.

3balls.com is (essentially) the online store for Joe & Leigh's Pro Shop at Pine Oaks Golf Course in Easton, Massachusetts (about 25 minutes south of Boston). They do new and used sales online and in store and they run a pretty sizable eBay store where some great deals can be had. I know people have mentioned this site before on THP and part of me hates to let the secret out of the bag a little bit more, but I've had huge success with them over the years and I just wanted to pass this along for anyone here (*cough* *cough*) who likes to try out a bunch of new clubs and be able to get even some of the newest tech at a used price.

Picked up a Bag Boy travel bag and a dozen used B330's from sport.woot.com via the Deal o' the Day thread

Like above not a purchase but I won the Great Golf Deals.com pick the Players winner contest and was the 1st to mention Tiger and I won a Tom Watson Black Pearl 60* Wedge, I cannot find much on this club info wise, but if it works I saved some money because in June I planned on buying a new wedge.....

8 of these.

1_Electric_Blue.jpg

A couple pair of overalls for our golf trip this weekend. Getting ready to pack it all up and head down to Orlando :blob:

2 puma shirts , travis matthew shirt, hex black balls a iomic grip and solution for grips.

Hey buddy. No I did not, I got them on ebay from across the border. Including shipping they came out to $6.25 per grip. Golf Town sells them here in the peg for $7 (+ tax).

Picked up an I20 17* Hybrid with Project X 6.0 Shaft and a box of Srixon Z Stars.

Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec 60 x-flex shaft.

Picked up an I20 17* Hybrid with Project X 6.0 Shaft and a box of Srixon Z Stars.

i still love my i20 hybo! thing is a monster with the TFC shaft i didn't care for the PX when i swung it in there. but its one of the most consistent clubs in my bag just wish i would have gone 1" longer on the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back