Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

Add me to the list. Really enjoying the 2.0 LE, super tacky and comfy on the z3c:
Spoiler
IMAG0058.jpg

I may get one of these. I really don't like the look of em, but if they work... this is a desperate attempt to save my putter. If this doesn't work it's gone. What should I expect if I pick one of these up?
Quoting b/c i got cut off at the end of the page.

I may get one of these. I really don't like the look of em, but if they work... this is a desperate attempt to save my putter. If this doesn't work it's gone. What should I expect if I pick one of these up?

You will make everything! The reason is you will be thinking about the grip and how it feels and not thinking about your stroke so you will actually make a better stroke. Same thing happens when you buy a new putter, it's great for about 3 weeks then you get use to it and you think about the stroke again....
I have used 3 fatsos for the last year and liked them but have justed switched to a #3 and that feels better to me.... You have to hold onto something when your putting, it might as well be a Super Stroke.

You will make everything! The reason is you will be thinking about the grip and how it feels and not thinking about your stroke so you will actually make a better stroke. Same thing happens when you buy a new putter, it's great for about 3 weeks then you get use to it and you think about the stroke again....
I have used 3 fatsos for the last year and liked them but have justed switched to a #3 and that feels better to me.... You have to hold onto something when your putting, it might as well be a Super Stroke.

What do you like with the #3 versus the fatso?

Tapa Slice

What do you like with the #3 versus the fatso?

Tapa Slice

I have strong hands but they are not particulary big, the 3 is smaller and feels better and still allows me to keep my wrists "fairly" quite.
I find the best thing for my putting is Aaron Baddeley's advise.... "putt like you don't care"! It really does let you make a better stroke.

I have strong hands but they are not particulary big, the 3 is smaller and feels better and still allows me to keep my wrists "fairly" quite.
I find the best thing for my putting is Aaron Baddeley's advise.... "putt like you don't care"! It really does let you make a better stroke.

If your ever looking for good reading material on putting, I highly recommend Dave stocktons "unconscious putting". That book along with my SS fatso has changed my game on the greens

Tapa Slice

Just installed the 1.0 on my scotty...was more difficult than expected but looks and feels great. Gonna hit the greens this week with this and my new Chrome+'s and will give full impression after Saturday's round...

Had a Fatso 5.0 installed on my old Bullseye yesterday. Haven't got to use it outdoors yet, but it sure feels great in the living room!

Had a Fatso 5.0 installed on my old Bullseye yesterday. Haven't got to use it outdoors yet, but it sure feels great in the living room!

I tried the 5.0 today and it felt way to awkward for me.

I saw a guy with one attached to his driver yesterday at the range. Funny as it looked, he was bombing it straight each time. I guess whatever works, works

I saw a guy with one attached to his driver yesterday at the range. Funny as it looked, he was bombing it straight each time. I guess whatever works, works

Which version? Its probanly a similar concept to the taperless Boccerri grips to keep he hands quiet.

Was it actually a putter grip or a Superstroke round grip? If it was a putter grip I believe that's a rules violation!!!

I put a mid slim 2.0 on my spider last night. First round with it in about an hour. it was kind of a pain to put on because the grip would take off the top layer of tape. It was weird, but it went on okay and the residual tape cleaned up nicely.

Can anyone directly compare the Fatso 5.0 and the Flatso 1.7? I like the added weight on each, but am curious how similar or different they are.

Was it actually a putter grip or a Superstroke round grip? If it was a putter grip I believe that's a rules violation!!!

It was the thickass putter grip!

I hate equipment rules

Last edited:
So I have two rounds under my belt with the 1.0 on my Red X. I really, really like the grip. At first I wanted a 2.0 but after a few rounds and some more practice I am happy I went with the 1.0. I am definately putting more consistently since I put this on. It doesnt read the greens for me or swing the club for me so I am not all of a sudden draining long putts but I am hitting more of the "supposed to make" putts. I have found that I am not as tense standing over the 3-5 foot putt I just left myself to save par (or worse).

The absolute only complaint I have is that I am still trying to figure out lag putts...I'm talking 30+ footers. I have been left with a few and it is almost like this grip makes it harder to roll it a long way. Granted these were slow greens due to weather conditions so I had to give it a good smack but it does feel like it takes more effort to roll it a long way. I'd imagine with more practice (and firmer greens upcoming) I will get used to this.

As said before, I putt cross handed and this just feels so right.

These things look awesome.

BHbDMrCCAAAVMAh.jpg:large

I love the solid colors! I'm still patiently hoping they actually make it to production, soon...!!!

These things look awesome.

BHbDMrCCAAAVMAh.jpg:large

Looks like JMan needs to start the collection all over again hahaha
Yeah, but too bad we have to wait till 2014!!!

We have to wait for '14 for them?! That's madness!

I said the same thing to them. Love the solid colors I don't want to wait til 2014

The solid colours look great.

Still early in the year and my greens are terrible, but I want to say the grip has helped a lot (Slim). I say putting has 3 components (not counting luck, which is important all the time): 1-starting the ball on line, 2-playing the proper break, and 3-hitting it the right speed. I don't think the grip has affected my #2 or #3 at all, but boy have I gotten better at #1. Hard to quantify, but I put a line on my ball and try to line it up with where I want it to start. With my old grip, I bet I could see the line on the ball stay straight between 6-8 putts out of 10. Now it's between 8 and 10. To the point where I'll go rounds at a time without looking up and saying to myself, 'wow, that's not where I aimed.' Used to happen regularly. Love it.

Back