Recap & Picture Thread - 2013 THP Outing - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

I thought that was a shrimptail. Now Im confused. A bunker is a mward. Missed GIR and bunker is a shrimp tail. Plugged lie is everything that lands in a bunker and therefore a wenis.

Ah, I forgot about the shrimp tails!

That he is. We played it off as he was our child at Universal and got front of the line service! Midget tour guide kid FTW!

Plus, he had his tour guide flag, don't eff with the tour guide flag.

Love that Ward, dude dishes out a ton but can take it like a champ. One hell of a guy.

I have no clue where to start. My recap will come later but I have loved reading through this entire thread. I had an absolute blast and I'm glad my dad got to enjoy the experience with me. He finally understands what THP is all about and is going to join the forum soon. It's true that words can't describe how great of a weekend it really was. The resort was fantastic but the people are what made it great. I enjoyed meeting and spending time with everyone. Simply good people. Thanks GG & JB, as well as all of the THP staff that worked so hard to put together this amazing experience.

The moral of the story is that sometimes, I really don't know a whole lot. Just like when rtparty asked me "what do you know about knees?" My response to him: "They're important."

Haha..he asked me if you was a doctor...I said yes...I think pediatrics. He goes think he would know anything about knees? My response...He should....haha

Hardest thing is trying to remember it all or be able to give the stories the justice they deserve. I can't begin to give the proper credit to JConn's father for the one liners and witty remarks he had during our sunday afternoon round. Not to mention, the dude can play.

Ha ha ha that was an awesome round. You guys were incredibly fun to play with and the gamesmanship was great. I still can't believe you plugged in the fairway, twice.

Speaking of, WAAAAAARD! When are we going to see Wake and I's video of synchronized golfing (coming to the THP Olympics in 2014)?

Speaking of, WAAAAAARD! When are we going to see Wake and I's video of synchronized golfing (coming to the THP Olympics in 2014)?

Later tonight? I'll get it on along with the Buck shot on 18. I'll see if I can fix the way I recorded it too

Ha ha ha that was an awesome round. You guys were incredibly fun to play with and the gamesmanship was great. I still can't believe you plugged in the fairway, twice.

Yeah that was so weird! Your dad's 3w puts some wicked top spin on the ball. I'm sure that had an effect on both his second shot and mine.. Jerks haha

Your par putt was stupid!

Howzat’s Outing Recap Part One:

Thursday:

I got to play an afternoon round with Ary, Buckjob, and One-T. What a great group of guys and it was fun to get a preview of what the Morgan Cup will look like. Ary with his sweet swing, Buck with his laser beams, and then there is One-T who just seems to get around the course so easily because he always seems to hit his best shots when he finds trouble.

Got back to my villa and finally got to meet the one and only Paulo and his equally amazing wife. I helped translate for One-T and then we introduced them to Totino’s pizza which was a big hit.

Met the early arrivals for drinks and sushi that night. So much fun to see some familiar faces and put some faces to forum names with some new ones. Appreciate JB introducing me to the Reunion roll. Then it was back to the villa for a few beers with those who were not quite ready to call it a night.

Friday:

I was up early and pumped for demo day. Got B-fit early and then got a shaft fitting and lesson from Tadashi. I really appreciate the time JB and Freddie spent getting everyone a chance to get on the monitor and after a few tips, I was hitting the ball better than ever before. The amount of clubs was insane and my game plan is poor. So many clubs I forgot to hit but I really enjoyed the company most of all. The conversations around the range were the best part of the day. Quick trip to the Annika Acadamy for a private tour and it was time to rest up before the raffle.

Hanging out in the villa with Mr. and Mrs. Paulo when we hear a loud bang and then have about a 100 gallons or so of 200* water flowing out the door of our villa into the parking lot. After a little plumbing work we were able to get the water to stop, but it was fun having a beer on the front step as there was really nothing else we could do until help arrived.

The raffle had it’s up and downs. That wheel can be brutal and but it was still a great time had by all. The food was great and the people were even better. JB and GG going above and beyond as usual with an insane amount of prizes. It was funny to see several people that thought they had won the free spins at the end because what they found under their chairs. Hung out with my mates back at the villa and called it an earlier night with the early AM round ahead of us.

Howzat’s Outing Recap Part Two:

Saturday:

I was paired with Wake and we shared a round with Lambro and JSkittle. I had been looking forward to this one because I had heard that these guys were fun to play with and all had some game. JSkittle took a couple holes to settle in but one he did FunSkittle appeared we had a blast. None of us played our best on the day but we had a great time. Wake is going to be tough MC competition and I wish I had the smooth takeaway that Lambro has perfected.

Grabbed a quick bite to eat in order to get out on the course again and avoid the wrath that is a #pluggedshrimptail. I wasn’t sure what Mward was mumbling to himself or if his eyes were talking in Morse code, but I knew it was best to get out of there fast.

Had an interesting round with G4L, JB, and Jman. Brett and JB played a more traditional game while James and I played a new scoring system, which is bound to catch on. I think a new THP HOF category should include Mwards and James and I are the leaders in the clubhouse with 36. My jaw hurt at the end of the round from dropping so many times when I would watch Brett hit shots that I didn’t think were possible and all the laughs that we enjoyed. I would play #gotime golf with the 3 of you anytime.

The Villa Crawl was really neat and I want to thank everyone that participated for how much trouble they went to in order to make it great. After taking a needed mulligan on the first shot it was the conversations that I will remember the most. The amount of terrific people that I have met through this site is something I never could have imagined when I signed up to talk about golf with perfect strangers who I now consider friends and family.

If you were wondering, the chair fix worked perfectly, Jarret has the secret to hitting a perfect drive with a sand rake, and the lights glowing on 18 are from a utility box. The nightcap was a long conversation with Paulo. We could have talked until well past 3am but there was more golf to be played so we called it a night. Really wish he didn’t live so far away because we still need to tee it up sometime.

Finally getting to sit down and attempt to organize my thoughts regarding this weekend. First off, thanks THP and it's staff, and Reunion Resort and staff for what was probably the most amazing weekend of golf I have ever had. This weekend was perfect in so many ways and created memories that will last a lifetime.

Thursday - Flew into MCO and after FINALLY figuring out how to navigate the airport, we met up with Skittle, picked up our rental car and proceeded to Nona Blue to meet Playdough and his girlfriend Kristen for some dinner and drinks. Prior to Playdough arriving, I ordered up some fried calamari, which was to die for. So good. Playdough and Kristen arrived about the time we were all finishing our first beers, so we ordered dinner and sat there and joked and talked like we all knew each other for years. I highly recommend both the fried calamari and G-Mac N' Cheese at Nona Blue.

Watching Skittle endure the longest waitress rejection in the history of mankind was hilarious. She just doesn't know a good thing, Justin.

Driving around in the parking lot with no headlights on and no clue how to turn them on was classic. Justin - "You're lights are off". Jeff - "It's ok. I'm a feel player."

I couldn't even get out of the parking lot I was laughing so hard. Justin was infatuated with the little dude on the Hyundai dashboard that illuminated to show you where to air would hit you. "Shoot it on my face! Shoot it on my feet!" I'm still randomly walking around, yelling "SHOOT IT ON MY FEET!"

We made it to the Meet and Greet to have a quick beer or two. Saw some familiar faces and shook familiar hands, like JMan, War Eagle, JJ, Rounders Rob, as well as met people I have been dying to meet. Our villa mates were great guys, Interlooper (GO CARDS!) and J4U (See ya' in Branson, dude). After a long day of travel, we retired for the evening pretty early.

Friday - Had to be up early to get to the airport to pick up my buddy Bogey. The ride there was quick and painless. The ride back, however, was not. Sammy Hagar, I too apparently can't drive 55. Shout out to the State of Florida Trooper for being a trooper and bumping my speeding ticket down to 64 in a 55, instead of the 74 in a 55, like it should have been. I'm a feel player.

Demo Day was amazing. So many toys to play with. Seeing all these dudes walking around in their Loudmouth gear. It was a site to be seen. My one regret was not hitting more things, because there was SO many clubs to be hit. Part of me wanted to save some energy for the weekend of golf, part of me just didn't want to fall in love with new equipment. I did spend a great deal of time with the Cobra AMP Cell Pro's and Callaway X Forged and enjoyed them both immensely. Freddie is a saint. Dude spent a great deal of time with me working on my driver swing and giving me some pointers. I really appreciate that, dude, like you don't know. I've never had anyone work with me and explain it to me and talk TO me, like you did. I saw some immediate results, but like anything that feels odd, it's going to take a while to get used to.

The Banquet Dinner was terrific. War Eagle being booed every time his number was called was hilarious. Because of my speeding ticket that day, Kelly wouldn't let me purchase $100 worth of tickets, even though I wanted to after JB said "What? You don't want those AMP Cell Pro's?" I did after he said that and wanted to drop a Benji to see to it that it happened. No bueno though. The better half wouldn't let me.

I enjoyed getting together on the back porch with Bogey, Skittle, Playdough, Kristen, Big Lee, Ward, Interlooper, J4U, Bullfrog, Brock, Bhilln, and others. It was cool to just sit back there, drink and shoot the breeze with these folks. Such a nice, relaxing evening and much needed.

Saturday - Played with Ward, Playdough and Jersey Nate and this was such a perfect foursome to play with. These guys are just flat out fun to tee it up with. Jersey Nate struggled a little bit on the front nine, but turned it around and shot a really great back nine. Dude, for only playing for 2 or so years, you have a great swing and have a lot of potential. Playdough strikes the damn ball so well. For a man in pants. LOL. Seriously. That tight draw is a thing of beauty and he can flat out play. If the putter wasn't bulky that morning, he would have fired a really special round. Dude is a gamer and an awesome guy to boot.

Ward, you %&#)&@$, *#($&&@! Dude, I don't even know where to begin. Other than, I hate you. LOL. It was a blast man and even though we came up a little short (no pun), I still had an amazing time playing golf and riding with you. I got your back, dude. That lie in that bunker was AIDS. I mean freaking awful. I've never seen a lie so bad on a golf course. Tying my all time low round on the Palmer Course at Reunion (I still have no effing clue where that came from) at a THP event is so perfect. I played really well on Saturday morning and was on Cloud 9 after I was told what I had shot. My 2nd (after a horrible 1st shot) on 17 will be stuck in my mind forever. That was sweet shot.

Played an afternoon round at Nicklaus with Skittle, Jersey Nate, and TOAD. About three holes in, we decided it would probably be best if we just played golf, instead of keeping golf scores. It was so awful. LOL. That 81 I shot in the morning got up and flew away quickly. We should have all probably filmed a DVD on how to NOT play golf. Nicklaus courses can kiss my butt.

The Villa Crawl was fun, though I didn't tag along the whole evening because I was exhausted and too many bodies in warm villas wasn't treating me real well. I ended up voting for Freddie's Mardi Gras, because his chicken gumbo/jambalaya was so freaking good. I HAVE to get that recipe. We ended up spending the evening on the back patio again with Playdough, Skittle, Bogey, Kristen and Bhilln. I wish I lived near ALL of these guys, because they are just a pleasure to be around and Kelly and I had an amazing time just sitting and relaxing with them.

Sunday - Played with Rounders Rob, JMan and ddec that morning and about 6 holes in, we decided (because of awful play from just about everyone not named Rob), it would probably be best if we scrambled. So, Rob and I took on ddec and JMan and ended up in a squared match. Rob has the most beautiful fade I have ever seen. If I could have his ball flight, I would be a happy dude. Plus, we didn't wear the same shirt this time, which is a plus. Rob, you are an awesome guy and I have had a blast playing with you both in Texas and Florida. Look forward to seeing you again in Vegas, dude. ddec plays the pull hook fade better than anyone I have ever seen. LOL. It's his go to shot. And James, we didn't throw any 'bo's or anything, but I had a pleasure teeing it up with you finally and hope we can do it again in Branson or Vegas. Thanks for taking time to give me and Scotty a putting tip.

And I still have NO idea what happened on the 13th or 14th tee box. That's what I get for putting a cigarette out. All good, fellas, all good.

Played in the afternoon with Bogey and Skittle and we decided to 3 man scramble from the tips. I have no clue what we ended up shooting, but it was a great time and if I had to play a last round of golf with two guys, these two would be my choice all day long. I though I was going to lose my RBZ Stage 2/Attas3 7X to Skittle, after dude proceeds to PIPE one down the center of the fairway. There was a line painted down the center of the fairway. He was left of it. I was right of it. Neck to neck. It was pretty awesome.

I hated saying goodbye to everyone on Sunday night. Meant the weekend had come to a close and everyone would be going their separate directions and getting back to reality. I was glad Jersey Nate stopped by the villa and hung with us that night. We ended up ordering a pizza and just sitting around and BS'ing for the evening. Skittle, Bogey, Me, Kelly, bhilln. The typical cast of characters.

Bogey, Skittle and Bhilln and I closed our trip out by playing a morning round at ChampionsGate - International Course. Big assist to Freddie for getting us on and at a great rate. Tip of the THP hat to you, Freddie. Brian and I (Team Midwest) was bettered by Zak and Justin (Team Indiana) by 1 hole, an 18th hole birdie. I played like garbage, but had such a fun round with these guys. I felt awful for Brian packing my ass on the back 9, but we had a great time and he continued to let me drive the cart, instead of making me walk, like he should have. Seeing the gators swimming in the ponds was really cool. It was just a great way to end what was an amazing vacation.

I arrived as friends with so many of these guys, but departed almost as brothers with a few of them. I had such an amazing time getting to know these guys and spend so much time with them. Kristen was so awesome! I am so glad her and Kelly spent as much time together as they did. They were partners in crime the entire weekend and was so glad Kelly had someone to hang with poolside and shop with. She had a blast and we both can't wait to see Keygan and Kristen again.

Other things from the weekend.

"CORNDOGS, JACKIE, CORNDOGS!"

Tweets from Ward thanking you for the couch are both weird and creepy.

"Shoot in on my feet!"

Polo Golf!

"I'm going to need a rocket up my a**!. SHUT UP, NATE!"

Ole Gray's voice. I want it as my GPS speech.

Paulo's voice. I want it as my GPS speech.

Dolla Dolla Bills. (Rounders Rob, Ddec, and JMan still owe me one.)

Eating a spit burger. Thanks, Wake. That waiter was AWFUL! So awful.

Sushi tastes delicious.

Bhilln wearing as many AF polo's as me. Dude is legit.

Doing an awful live review of the X Forged.

Getting back to St. Louis and the guy at the baggage gate asking me if I am on the PGA Tour.

Keygan making an epic eagle and no one seeing it.

Keygan's analysis of race in America to Jersey Nate. LOL.

There are SO many more, I am sure. I just can't think of it right now. Thanks again THP, staff and Reunion Resort for an amazing time.

Dinner! For Howzat!

uqeturuh.jpg

Also, this will go down as my favorite picture of all time. One of my buddies on FB said Checkered took the prize as best outfit.

947033_10151621175748216_409592460_n.jpg

Jeff - you'll get that dolla bill in Vegas. :banana:

Howzat’s Outing Recap Part Three:

Sunday:

AM round featured a little cart vs. cart best ball. JB and Yorkem vs. J4U and myself. I thought we had a solid chance to take these guys but they had other plans. JB was -2 after 3 and never had to pull out the putter. Still not sure how he put up a 40 on that 9. We had a chance to make up some ground in the middle of the round but Yorkem stepped up when JB struggled and then JB just took over on the back nine and posted a 34.

JB asking for yardage to a bunker that I didn’t consider to be in play (very short and very left of the fairway) only to hook it in there was so damn funny. I really feel bad for him because he should have had a sub 70 round. A 74 round with one FIR is something to behold.

I have played with Doug before and he is such a good guy. Never boring golf as this guy will take you to places of the course you have never seen. If only I hit the AMP Cells like he does. Glad I finally got a round in with Yorkem as it has been something I wanted to do since I met him last July. Seems to always split the fairway and he can putt lights out. If he finds his short game Team Hackers will get pick up some much needed points. Morgan who is still all puppies and unicorns in my book gave me a new swing thought that I will try my best to forget.

Then comes the sad part. Time to start saying goodbye. A few more drinks and a Reunion roll or two (no tail for me thanks) made it easier but Sunday night is always tougher. I can’t thank Josh and Morgan enough for what they have accomplished with a website. I have met so many wonderful people and been presented with amazing opportunities. Thanks for being who you are and doing what you do everyday.

People booed me during the raffle? Jerks !

There are some amazing stories fellas. This thread makes me happy and sad because its all over. The THP history books are just filled with so many memories.

People booed me during the raffle? Jerks !

I booed the first time your number was called. Lol just kidding. The third one is when the boos really started. You are a heck of a guy though, unselfish for sure. Had I known that I wouldn't have booed as loudly.

LOL. Just busting y'all's chops, dude. I remembered it as I was signing dolla dolla bills to Skittle all day yesterday.

Oh no... I have special plans for your dollar.

Back