Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering aaaaaall kinds of things.

TyNo and dcbrad were there.. I took the Nike challenge and then destroyed my numbers with the new Classic XL Custom. #Whoops

What shaft was in the CT?

Admit it Blu, that Covert is garbage.

I'm pondering when I get to order the rest of my X Hot goodies.

Irons. 712's, Cobra ACP, Cally X-Forged, Cleveland 588. In that order..

Admit it Blu, that Covert is garbage.

I know you're kind of joking. Because it works so much better for me than any other driver released this year.

I will let you run into my fist.

Blah is blah sir. I'd love to try it with another shaft, but I'm not buying from Nike, so it's what it is with the stock shaft. Blah.

I think it was stock S, but I've also hit it in stock X and neither really got me excited.

a white tie could be fun.

Yeah the KK Silver is not my favorite option.

If you get to the Illinois Invitational there will be a Covert Tour with a 6x3 Stiff waiting for you.

Blah is blah sir. I'd love to try it with another shaft, but I'm not buying from Nike, so it's what it is with the stock shaft. Blah.

Kind of how I felt with the Classic XL.

I'd rather headbutt a brick wall.

I hit the Covert on Saturday and thought it was awful. No feel. No sound. So boring. For such a flashy package, I thought it was awful and even with the right shaft, I think it still would have sucked.

Kind of how I felt with the Classic XL.

Difference is, all you have to do is grab an available Zstar adapter and its the same as the Cleveland. It might be a better head with a different shaft, but all I can go on is what I physically saw on the range and monitor, and both versions were no bueno.

I hit the Covert on Saturday and thought it was awful. No feel. No sound. So boring. For such a flashy package, I thought it was awful and even with the right shaft, I think it still would have sucked.

I love the look at address, I wanted to like it with all the hype, I just couldn't do it. In fact, there were a LOT of us out there on the range saying much the same.

I know you're kind of joking. Because it works so much better for me than any other driver released this year.

I am mostly joking. But it was the worst feeling/sounding driver in 2013 for me, and it wasn't close. It just wasn't pleasing to me. But feel is obviously subjective. It's just too bad not everyone can agree with me, because I'm obviously right.

Difference is, all you have to do is grab an available Zstar adapter and its the same as the Cleveland. It might be a better head with a different shaft, but all I can go on is what I physically saw on the range and monitor, and both versions were no bueno.

I get that.

And just so everybody knows, I'm not offended by anybody not liking the Covert.

I am mostly joking. But it was the worst feeling/sounding driver in 2013 for me, and it wasn't close. It just wasn't pleasing to me. But feel is obviously subjective. It's just too bad not everyone can agree with me, because I'm obviously right.

Its because you have mad S.F.T.

I always love everyone getting home from Demo Day and immediately seeing pondering go into full effect. I know I always had to set aside a few C-notes for the must haves after the outing.

I love the look at address, I wanted to like it with all the hype, I just couldn't do it. In fact, there were a LOT of us out there on the range saying much the same.

I have a driver that look very similar at address... except the feel and performance are both phenomenal. I kept calling it my knock off covert, but it is awesome.

I was even hitting it decently and it was just so freaking blah. I couldn't tell if I mashed one or hit a stinker. It was easily the worst feeling driver I swung that day.

I thought the same for the 2013 Pings.

And to be 100% clear, I don't think the covert is the best feeling driver even though I know where I made contact on the face and I don't notice the sound. But what I have heard, the RAZR Fit Extreme does sound better. But I like the looks of the Covert Tour better and got better numbers off of the Covert Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back