Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Haha, how funny. Stupid good this driver was today.

Lets share it for a round tomorrow!!

Absolutely, were going to have a blast

GPS'd some big drives for me today. I had more shots inside 120 yards than I'm used to. Wasted the majority of them, but that only makes sense. Could have probably taken a run at a couple par 5's as well, but I chickened out. Didn't hit a ton of fairways, but I was pretty accurate, aside from a couple bigger misses on three holes. I also tried to get risky and cut the corner three times, but struck out. Either way, I was very happy with the X-Hot all week during practice and today when I played.

I love my Ping irons and putter, but the Callaway X Hot driver is the best driver I ever hit a golf ball with....period! Very forgiving, sounds great when you hit a ball, and I get great distance with it.

Just found out that my oban shaft is going out tomorrow. Thought it was going to ship last week. Oh well. Hopefully it will come by next Friday. Can't wait.

I spent some solid time with the XHP at Demo Day this weekend, the head is just a better fit for me with the lower spin than the regular. Also reminds me that I freaking love the fact that Cally has the spin gamut covered with their 3 heads this year.

I spent some solid time with the XHP at Demo Day this weekend, the head is just a better fit for me with the lower spin than the regular. Also reminds me that I freaking love the fact that Cally has the spin gamut covered with their 3 heads this year.
That XHP was sick dude.... I had a hard time with it n the course the next day, but I'm sure with a few tweaks it could be a serious gamer for me

Placed an order for the X-Pro today. Custom order so it should be in hand in about 2 weeks. Can't wait...

Placed an order for the X-Pro today. Custom order so it should be in hand in about 2 weeks. Can't wait...

Awesome John. With as long as your drive the ball, I can't imagine what your drives are going to look like with that bad boy.

Sorry if I missed it, but are any of the MC'rs playing the non-Pro version of this driver?

Sorry if I missed it, but are any of the MC'rs playing the non-Pro version of this driver?

Yes Hawk, I am . I finally got to swing this beast at the outing. Sad that I had to go all the way to Florida to have nice enough weather to play but it was well worth it for a multitude of reasons. Now on to the topic of this thread. I am playing the XHot 10.5* with the Fubuki stiff shaft. First swing with this was on number 1 of the Palmer course at Reunion. The result....a bomb that went pin straight and through the fairway! This was not a one time thing either. I continued to hit drives consistently longer by 20-30 yards over my previous driver and on top of that it is a fairway finder! I lost 1 ball off of the tee in the 3 rounds I gamed it, and I am still not sure how I lost it. It never crossed the cart path, we all saw it bounce from the tee box but could not find it when we got up there. Needless to say, I am thoroughly impressed. Huge distance gain and finding more fairways = a huge winner IMO.

Nice yorkem! How would you describe your ball flight in comparison to the Black? I'm pretty familiar with what you were throwing out there with that.

Can you talk a little bit about your shaft choice? I'm not all that versed on what the Fubuki brings to the table.

Awesome John. With as long as your drive the ball, I can't imagine what your drives are going to look like with that bad boy.

Hopefully longer and straighter, haha. I just got a notification that it should arrive tomorrow. If it gets here, that is amazing turn around time.

I want to game one of these next to my razr fit and see how it compares.

Someone call the cops. My X-Hot murdered a bunch of golf balls last night.
Went up to the range yesterday after work. I've got a serial killer on my hands.

How do you like the B Asha in it, Greg? You playing it in neutral?

I'm enthralled with it. After trying it out on the LM at a gethering in FL several months ago in my Razr Fit, I bought one straight away and never even hit the X-Hot with the stock PX shaft. I have it set to closed, which probably doesn't matter with how strong my driver grip is combined with how much I hood it.

Right on. Not an entiredly different set up than I've got going. I'm thrilled to have found this thing. I hit a TON of drivers this year, and there was always just something missing from a fitting standpoint, sometimes big and sometimes small.

Right on. Not an entiredly different set up than I've got going. I'm thrilled to have found this thing. I hit a TON of drivers this year, and there was always just something missing from a fitting standpoint, sometimes big and sometimes small.

All you needed was a Jman. Hehe

This is true. Destiny!

I think so, it screamed Hawk. Makes it all that more perfect that it's working out.

Now, tomorrow I'll be trying out something similar to this one I wanted to work for me. Muahahahaha!

You are hopeless and I love it.

Back