Golf in Monroe, Ga.

I was trying to make tomorrow work, but I just can't do it. Between being gone last week and about to take an extended vacation in a couple weeks, the billable hours just won't allow a missed work day.

Have a blast, everyone. I will be hitting Bill and Kelly up in July (maybe late June) to get back over to MCC.

Pondering.....

Blah. Forgot I have a lesson tomorrow from 3 to 4. Even if we played fast, it's an hour to get home. I wouldn't make it.

I would love to but can't make it tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cpljohnst, DawgDaddy & myself are teeing it up at Monroe CC tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. We have room for one more if anyone is interested? We brought Barry's Cally X Hot Pro irons back from Reunion so he wouldn't have to pay an extra baggage fee on his flight home. He is picking them up tomorrow and we are playing some golf. Dawg also has a lesson at our course at 09:00 a.m. It will be a full day of golfinng fun in Monroe, Ga.!
It a bit of a commute for me..... For now anyways. Have a great time

cpljohnst, DawgDaddy & myself are teeing it up at Monroe CC tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. We have room for one more if anyone is interested? We brought Barry's Cally X Hot Pro irons back from Reunion so he wouldn't have to pay an extra baggage fee on his flight home. He is picking them up tomorrow and we are playing some golf. Dawg also has a lesson at our course at 09:00 a.m. It will be a full day of golfinng fun in Monroe, Ga.!

Y'all have fun! Hope those greens are back to normal!

LOL, would love to see you tomorrow buddy. Take care.

I was trying to make tomorrow work, but I just can't do it. Between being gone last week and about to take an extended vacation in a couple weeks, the billable hours just won't allow a missed work day.

Have a blast, everyone. I will be hitting Bill and Kelly up in July (maybe late June) to get back over to MCC.

Looking forward to it Seth and maybe you can meet KellyBo's son MarcH who is a member on here :thumb:.

Pondering.....

Come on down Jonathon. You can reschedule your lesson for another day :golf2:

Y'all have fun! Hope those greens are back to normal!

Now that would be too cool to have you and Li moving down this way :banana:!

We have another get together for this Sunday as MaryC is heading down to play with KellyBo and myself. Anyone interested in this one hop on the train!

Eh. I can't. I haven't seen this coach in a couple months, so I need to get a little feedback from him. Plus, my mom wants me to pick up my bro from school at 12:30 tomorrow. She would kill me if I told he no b/c I wanted to go play.

Eh. I can't. I haven't seen this coach in a couple months, so I need to get a little feedback from him. Plus, my mom wants me to pick up my bro from school at 12:30 tomorrow. She would kill me if I told he no b/c I wanted to go play.

Yup, I think Mom would take ya to the woodshed for sure on that one :beat-up:. There will be plenty more opportunities.

Yup, I think Mom would take ya to the woodshed for sure on that one :beat-up:. There will be plenty more opportunities.

I'll be playing with Seth and Phil in Canton on Monday, but that'll be a drive for ya. I'll come down sometime over the summer when I'm off work.

Looking forward to it Seth and maybe you can meet KellyBo's son MarcH who is a member on here :thumb:.

Now that would be too cool to have you and Li moving down this way :banana:!

We have another get together for this Sunday as MaryC is heading down to play with KellyBo and myself. Anyone interested in this one hop on the train!

I'm gonna be at lake Oconee on Saturday so I might make the trip over on Sunday!

I'm gonna be at lake Oconee on Saturday so I might make the trip over on Sunday!

Great! i'll get with KB & MaryC to see what time we are teeing off and post it up here tonight.

Final bump for tomorrow's round at Monroe CC with DawgDaddy, Cpljohn, & myself at 10:30 a.m.? We need one more player!

Bump - I'll be heading out in less than an hour, it would be nice to fill up this group with a fourth. Barry & Bill will probably tear the course up, I will probably be dog-tired from the lesson before we head out. As always it is about having fun when we get together.

Bump - I'll be heading out in less than an hour, it would be nice to fill up this group with a fourth. Barry & Bill will probably tear the course up, I will probably be dog-tired from the lesson before we head out. As always it is about having fun when we get together.

Have a great day guys! Lots of envy here.

Have a great day y'all

Had a great time today with Barry and Bill, we played immediately after I had a long lesson so I was very tired when we finished. As always it was a great time, thanks to Bill for being such a great host. I really love watching Barry's golf swing, his tempo is very solid. Thanks guys for a great day on the links.

Had a great time today with Barry and Bill, we played immediately after I had a long lesson so I was very tired when we finished. As always it was a great time, thanks to Bill for being such a great host. I really love watching Barry's golf swing, his tempo is very solid. Thanks guys for a great day on the links.

How did your lesson go?

DawgDaddy had his personal best for MCC on Thursday. I think an 87. As soon as the last putt dropped and Randy confirmed it was his best round on the course and first time breaking 90 there, a funny thing happened. What sounded like 10 dogs started barking and howling like you've never heard from just off the course. Bill and I told Randy that all the dogs were celebrating for DawgDaddy!

How did your lesson go?

Very well, Dave had me hit about 5 or 6 balls and then he made a change in my grip. It feels a little weird still, I did not lose any distance but I gained a fade on all shots. Most of the lesson was on pitches from bad lies and then my nemesis the bunker shot. The bad lie practice paid off on the first hole as with the new fade/sometimes slice I was on the right of the first hole needing to hit a high flop over the trap. I executed it pretty well and felt great about it even though I missed the 12 footer just barely to make a bogey instead of par.

Dave told me the fade will stay until I get my body and hands in sync, I had been doing a double compensation with my old grip and that is why I was able to hit it straight or draw it. He also says I will begin to get a little more distance as these things begin to happen on each swing. I will probably take my second lesson in about 3 weeks. Missed seeing you but Bill told me where you were so all is good.

DawgDaddy had his personal best for MCC on Thursday. I think an 87. As soon as the last putt dropped and Randy confirmed it was his best round on the course and first time breaking 90 there, a funny thing happened. What sounded like 10 dogs started barking and howling like you've never heard from just off the course. Bill and I told Randy that all the dogs were celebrating for DawgDaddy!

That made for a good laugh to finish a great day. I had forgotten about that but it was really cool.

That is hilarious!

Very well, Dave had me hit about 5 or 6 balls and then he made a change in my grip. It feels a little weird still, I did not lose any distance but I gained a fade on all shots. Most of the lesson was on pitches from bad lies and then my nemesis the bunker shot. The bad lie practice paid off on the first hole as with the new fade/sometimes slice I was on the right of the first hole needing to hit a high flop over the trap. I executed it pretty well and felt great about it even though I missed the 12 footer just barely to make a bogey instead of par.

Dave told me the fade will stay until I get my body and hands in sync, I had been doing a double compensation with my old grip and that is why I was able to hit it straight or draw it. He also says I will begin to get a little more distance as these things begin to happen on each swing. I will probably take my second lesson in about 3 weeks. Missed seeing you but Bill told me where you were so all is good.

I thought your lessons were with Keith. I've heard they are both good teachers. I'll be following along with your progress as I might take a few lessons along the way. Can't beat their prices!

That is hilarious!

I thought your lessons were with Keith. I've heard they are both good teachers. I'll be following along with your progress as I might take a few lessons along the way. Can't beat their prices!

Evidently Dave gave me Keith's card the day I talked with him about lessons, I did not know the difference until I got to the club house on Thursday. He really cut me a great deal.

I went out and played a few holes with KB yesterday with only minimal discomfort. I think not hitting range balls helped me tremendously. Less twisting and torque (knee) allowed me to finish with some decent swings. I'm going to try it again tomorrow with NO range time and see if I can finish the round with her and MaryC. I will ride in a separate cart, just in case things get rough.

Back