curious about focus

Lewshus

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
I hear so much about the color of the club head or shaft or color of the ball distracting people through their swing. Is this really true? Does it distract you that much. I could play a neon orange club head and a neon pink ball and it wouldn't bother me. My focus is more on where the ball is going more than the club or the ball.
It doesn't even bother me if people talk during my swing. My swing is going to be good or bad and it doesnt matter if someone is talking or not. I actually would rather have some ambient noise rather than be completely quiet, that way I won't think too much about what im doing. Me and thinking have never gotten along well.

I know i'm in the minority with these thoughts. Just curious what you guys think.

Yeah, those things dont bother me much either. I think sometimes people overreact when it comes to distractions on the golf course.

I wouldn't say the colour is distracting to me but I don't get comfortable with my alignment on white heads. I think I'm in the minority.

I just try to swing so fast that I can't I see the clubhead. So color doesn't matter to me.

I just try to swing so fast that I can't I see the clubhead. So color doesn't matter to me.

And since we all know no matter how hard you try you don't swing very fast... Is the next step closing your eyes?

Ah, just get a blue clubhead and swing it so fast it looks red.

The clubhead or shaft would need to have flashing lights on it to distract me. Color's not an issue.

I did play with a young lad a few weeks ago who claimed the broken tees on the teeing area were distracting him while he was driving. That was a new one for me. I told him I thought golf was a lot like pool in that when it's going good, you could stampede elephants by during my stroke, but when it's bad I want those @##$ butterflies to be SILENT. Same with club/shaft color, if you hit it well it could be paisley.

Nothing bothers me until I hit a bad shot and need something to blame it on. Colored balls are great for that.

I'm fond of a more traditional look. Not sure I could use one of those white marshmallows. My driver is just black, as are my 3W and hybrids. My putter is just unpainted metal.

And since we all know no matter how hard you try you don't swing very fast... Is the next step closing your eyes?

You open your eyes?

I don't care what color the club head is. I don't spend time looking at it or have sentiment over what color it should be, or try to read or look at the graphics on the thing. I pull it out of the bag, put it down behind the ball and swing it, while looking at the ball, which is what I want to hit.

The look of a club has never been the scapegoat for a bad swing in my world.

I play a white 3w and love it other than the fact that grass stains it up pretty darn quickly. Zero effect on my swing.

I used to play with a guy who would be completely quiet when on the putting green.

That is, until it was my turn to putt. I would get lined up, start my stroke, and then he would start a conversation very loudly.

This would happen every single round. Multiple holes per round.

Try as I might, I couldn't keep it from distracting me. It just happened so often. He has since moved away, and the focus has returned again.

I play a white 3w and love it other than the fact that grass stains it up pretty darn quickly. Zero effect on my swing.
Yeah, I noticed that at the Ohio outing with Tnolan's white 3-wood.

I don't know that it's neccessarily distracting, but it's a non-comfort for me. I love the white crown on my driver, and I really like the look of the red on the Nike's, but it's not a good fit for my eye at address. I have a big time dislike of my 4 iron, because the sole is so wide, you can make out part of it extending beyond the top of the club, and it's a really mentally distracting look for me. I start thinking about that instead of my usual swing thoughts.

I don't get the obsession some have with alignment aids. Ball off toe=bad. Ball off heel=bad. Hit the damn thing in the center of those 2 points.

I don't get the obsession some have with alignment aids. Ball off toe=bad. Ball off heel=bad. Hit the damn thing in the center of those 2 points.

Huh???

With a putter or driver?

I don't know that it's neccessarily distracting, but it's a non-comfort for me. I love the white crown on my driver, and I really like the look of the red on the Nike's, but it's not a good fit for my eye at address. I have a big time dislike of my 4 iron, because the sole is so wide, you can make out part of it extending beyond the top of the club, and it's a really mentally distracting look for me. I start thinking about that instead of my usual swing thoughts.

so instead of thinking about your swing, your thought is "the sole of my club is white?"

Bottom line is this, we are all different and looks mean more to some from a comfort standpoint than others.

I'm very much this way about offset. There's no right or wrong here, only personal.

I actually dont get the point of alignment aids on anything other than the putter either. To each their own though.

Im in love with the looks of the Nike Covert. Im not so sure that the cavity back aspect works but the red is awesome.

Ah, just get a blue clubhead and swing it so fast it looks red.

The clubhead or shaft would need to have flashing lights on it to distract me. Color's not an issue.

I did play with a young lad a few weeks ago who claimed the broken tees on the teeing area were distracting him while he was driving. That was a new one for me. I told him I thought golf was a lot like pool in that when it's going good, you could stampede elephants by during my stroke, but when it's bad I want those @##$ butterflies to be SILENT. Same with club/shaft color, if you hit it well it could be paisley.

Broken tees can bug me a little bit to be honest but only when they're around my ball.

Broken tees can bug me a little bit to be honest but only when they're around my ball.

Ok, you got me there. I can't stand to have anything like that near my ball. I don't even like a divot by it on the tee or I get thrown off.

Sometimes noise and stuff can be distracting but usually only during bad rounds. I find when I am playing bad, things annoy me. The white crown annoyed me when it first arrived but the performance made all that go away.

I practice with head phones and very loud music so not usually distracted. Plus some of the guys I play with are always cutting up so you learn to play while tearing up and laughing. It's great playing with THPrs

Back