Rory McIlroy puts his Scotty Cameron putter back in the bag

jlukes

Reaction score
Per Golf Central Live

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Per Golf Central Live

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I believe Tiger had a Titleist putter for a while with Nike. I bet if he was winning, he'd still be all Nike.

I believe Tiger had a Titleist putter for a while with Nike. I bet if he was winning, he'd still be all Nike.

Same could be said for the rest of us. Cant blame him and I hope he finds his forma again soon.

He's done it before. Not shocked. He needs something to turn a couple things around. Maybe familiarity will bring some consistency to his game on the greens.

Is that really where he's losing all his strokes? Anyone know what his Nike deal is?

Interesting stuff.

I remember reading a report about the supposed monetary value of the contract and in it, it said he will switch to Nike everything, except maybe the putter.

He's switched back to his Cameron because the ball is still coming off the face too hot for his liking. Nike's working on a putter for him that has the ball come off a little more like what he's used to.

Was just on the XM earlier today.

He's switched back to his Cameron because the ball is still coming off the face too hot for his liking. Nike's working on a putter for him that has the ball come off a little more like what he's used to.

Was just on the XM earlier today.

Sounds familiar doesnt it? Seems another top player had the same issue with the Method.

Sounds familiar doesnt it? Seems another top player had the same issue with the Method.

I'm guessing you aren't talking about me?

I'm guessing you aren't talking about me?

No. I was absolutely talking about you. Has Tiger Woods ever won the Morgan Cup? Nope. But ddec has.

No. I was absolutely talking about you. Has Tiger Woods ever won the Morgan Cup? Nope. But ddec has.

one trophy that dude will never have. Take that Tiger

Sounds a bit familiar yeah. Either Scotty's put off a really dead roll or that Method face is really only good for muni greens rolling at 7's on the stimp.

Sounds a bit familiar yeah. Either Scotty's put off a really dead roll or that Method face is really only good for muni greens rolling at 7's on the stimp.

Going for the second part of that

It does sound incredibly familiar doesnt it?

It seems to me his problem has been more in his wedge game than on the greens...but that's just my opinion

It does sound incredibly familiar doesnt it?

It seems to me his problem has been more in his wedge game than on the greens...but that's just my opinion
My thoughts as well. At the end of last season Rory was an absolute artist with a wedge in his hands it was so awesome to watch. This year he just seems to have let that part of his game slip the most.

My thoughts as well. At the end of last season Rory was an absolute artist with a wedge in his hands it was so awesome to watch. This year he just seems to have let that part of his game slip the most.

Is it the wedge he's not used to? Or the ball?

Is it the wedge he's not used to? Or the ball?
I've thought about this and TBH I don't really have a clue. I'd have to think it's his game more than his equipment though. Playing a 20XI-x or a Pro V1-x isn't the difference between being being the best wedge player on Tour and being remarkably average is it?

I've thought about this and TBH I don't really have a clue. I'd have to think it's his game more than his equipment though. Playing a 20XI-x or a Pro V1-x isn't the difference between being being the best wedge player on Tour and being remarkably average is it?

I think it's all of the above. Different ball, and then trying to fix a swing that was a bit off at the beginning of the year. He's currently 148th in scrambling, but 24th in putting at 1.741 per hole. I think he'll be fine as the year goes on.

I think it's all of the above. Different ball, and then trying to fix a swing that was a bit off at the beginning of the year. He's currently 148th in scrambling, but 24th in putting at 1.741 per hole. I think he'll be fine as the year goes on.
I agree. He started strong last year had a low on the middle and ended strong. A bit streaky.

As for the deal in the press announcement with him and Nike they talked about him going back to the Scotty of he had a problem putting and they said it wasn't an option. I don't know of he has talked Nike into letting him use it while they perfect his putter or if he is just doing it, but I do believe it is against his contract from what was said in the press release.

I agree. He started strong last year had a low on the middle and ended strong. A bit streaky.

As for the deal in the press announcement with him and Nike they talked about him going back to the Scotty of he had a problem putting and they said it wasn't an option. I don't know of he has talked Nike into letting him use it while they perfect his putter or if he is just doing it, but I do believe it is against his contract from what was said in the press release.

Dunno, all between Nike and him and his agent.

not surprised at all. Once you go Cameron you never go back..eron.

at least for some people..

I remember when his deal first came out with Nike. I asked if it was all Nike, head to toe. Several people said Nike is always head to toe.

Did they simply make an exception for him? Does he forfeit some of his endorsement money? Would Nike make this kind of exception for anyone else? (aside from Tiger)

I don't think it's a big deal. Nike will figure out a putter for him in the mean time just go win with 13 clubs with the swoosh.

not surprised at all. Once you go Cameron you never go back..eron.

at least for some people..

haha, and for the others...

Once you go Cameron over and over and over again, and then sell them all, you never go back.. *facepalm*

Back