Bettinardi Putter Thread

Ary I love that putter dude. You are going to be deadly with that thing. Forgot my camera at home yesterday. Got home last night and threw it in my bag. So downtown pics today!

OK folks. Sorry it took so long to get pics up. As usual I was slammed at work. But I did get to leave early for my sons playoff game so I took the putter to the field and took the pics while watching.

Nice pics Chunky

Great pics chunkster

Thanks dudes. I am absolutely in love with this putter. Great weighting. Easy to align. And feels nice and soft on good strokes. I love it. Can't wait to put it in play this weekend

Looks great cap!
Read it. Roll it. And hole it!

I plan on wrecking dreams with this badboy

First 9 holes with my Bettinardi today....no practice at all....drained a 12 footer on the first hole....THANK YOU!

14 putts for 9 holes with no practice...I will take that!

Rough night with the Betti to start. Leaving some short tonight by about 2 feet, line was perfect on them. I'm just getting acquainted with this girl. We've got two months and we'll be making sweet music come July.

First real practice session with the Bett last night. Greens were super fast so there wasnt much for leaving putts short which was the issue I had early on in my round last week. Seem to be missing left edge quite a bit, can definitely feel it in the stroke as im putting more around my body than straight through the ball. Something I will have to work out in the near future. But love the feel of the ball popping off the face of the putter, 2nd to none.

First real practice session with the Bett last night. Greens were super fast so there wasnt much for leaving putts short which was the issue I had early on in my round last week. Seem to be missing left edge quite a bit, can definitely feel it in the stroke as im putting more around my body than straight through the ball. Something I will have to work out in the near future. But love the feel of the ball popping off the face of the putter, 2nd to none.

Completely agree with that. Love the sound off the face.

I had my first round with my BB54 putter today. In short, it was the only thing that worked at all with my game, but my full swing struggles don't belong in this thread!

I did have some problems today leaving a lot of putts short. Today was the first round that I played since the Outing, and I think the greens in Reunion were significantly faster than what I played on today. Additionally, the greens were slower than normal for the course I played, we got a bunch of rain a couple of nights ago and I think that was the culprit. However, the good thing is that I was able to hit my lines pretty well with this putter, I didn't have a lot of pushes or pulls with it. I had a degree of loft added to the stock setup to account for my forward press, and I think that was a good move because the roll on the ball was pretty true.

One thing that was interesting to me was the feel when the ball hit the face. The first time I practiced with the putter, I had headphones in so I didn't hear very much of that contact, and a big part of feel is sound. Well, the feel today on the first few putts had me a little perplexed. There was barely any noise at all when I hit the putt in the center of the clubface. It definitely wasn't as lively as the Scotty Cameron Golo that I have been playing for most of the year. I wouldn't necessarily call it the softest feel in a putter that I've played, but subtle is a better word for it. Again, part of today was playing on slow greens, but I felt like I could be a little more aggressive with this putter knowing that I wasn't going to gun the ball 6 feet past the hole on any putt.

One other thing: for someone that struggles with alignment and wants a long sightline, this putter is heaven! The reason that I played the Ghost Corza in the past was the big sightline that ran right up to the face, and this putter is very much like that. Between the alignment system on the top of the club and putting a line on my golf ball, there's no reason for me to not start the ball on its intended line.

I still want Ary's putter. Great update man.

Great update Ary. My want for the BB54 is well documented. Love hearing the feedback on it.

That sure sets up to the ball well Amol. Glad it worked well for you your first time out. Hopefully it continues to treat you well.

First full round with the new Bettinardi today and it was AWESOME!!

I did have 31 putts...but that was more about my poor approach shots than anything. I made everything inside 6 feet and drained 3 putts over 25 feet including a 45 foot downhill double breaker.

Other teams should be afraid....very afraid!

First full round with the new Bettinardi today and it was AWESOME!!

I did have 31 putts...but that was more about my poor approach shots than anything. I made everything inside 6 feet and drained 3 putts over 25 feet including a 45 foot downhill double breaker.

Other teams should be afraid....very afraid!

Nice first round man

love that ary is rolling the bb54 putter is good i really enjoyed mine.... and i had the same issues after playing reunion and coming home......

TIM IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love that you're already rolling it well buddy! can't wait to see you putt in person again. its a sight to see.

P1010710Large_zps025faf3b.jpg

This is a wicked pic of F.I.T. Chunky!!

Nice selection!

Simply awesome pics Chunky! If I didn't want one before it's only a matter of time now. Time to sell off some goodies...

Pics look great chunky. Looks like we were all leaving some short in the first rounds

Pics look great chunky. Looks like we were all leaving some short in the first rounds

Agreed shoukdnt take long for all of us to have these dialed in

Thinking about throwing this year's SuperStroke Slim or Ultraslim on my Betti. Can't decide which one feels better, but I know I'm ready to move on from the reverse taper of the old model.

Back