TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Yeah you got that right man. I did have some say in what we registered for but with the Bladez I am fighting a losing battle but not for lack of effort.

Birthday + wedding gift.

If I got a custom scotty out of my wedding, you can get some irons for your birthday and the wedding!

I'm going to kick out of work early and play at least 9, hopefully 18 if the course isn't backed up (year right). Hope to focus on a shorter backswing and smooth transition to get more GIR's and less chunked mid-irons. will post results later

Good luck, report back.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Had a great range session again tonight. Really dialed in with the scoring irons right now. Really excited about how the club interacts with the ground when it is a bit hard and dried out. They are really going to give me confidence out of those tight summer lies.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Had a great range session again tonight. Really dialed in with the scoring irons right now. Really excited about how the club interacts with the ground when it is a bit hard and dried out. They are really going to give me confidence out of those tight summer lies.

u see long and just lower trajectory off this hard stuff?

u see long and just lower trajectory off this hard stuff?

A bit lower; somewhere in between the normal trajectory and the trajectory I was seeing during testing off of frozen fairways this winter. I think the slightly higher trajectory than the winter trajectory is due to the ball compressing more.

A bit lower; somewhere in between the normal trajectory and the trajectory I was seeing during testing off of frozen fairways this winter. I think the slightly higher trajectory than the winter trajectory is due to the ball compressing more.

Yeah the other day was really a day I really wished I had a laser. Was hitting the 7 iron flush at a flag snd more times or not it was straight over it, but no clue how far it was. Ball just shoots off the face its unreal.

Maiden voyage today. I have been this excited for a round of golf in a while. Playing with Damaikis and a buddy of mine. Should be a good time.

Have fun Dev, I know you will be loving the irons. Look forward to reading your thoughts later.

Maiden voyage today. I have been this excited for a round of golf in a while. Playing with Damaikis and a buddy of mine. Should be a good time.

Have fun and good luck!

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Excellent! I look forward to reading about your experience with them. Good luck!

HIt em straight (and long) today buddy!

So my first round out with the I would call a success. My swing still needa to come around for me but the times I put good swings on the ball, I felt like I made really solid contact and the ball just went. Definitely was hitting the ball much higher than in the past. I hit a few very good iron shots. My game is coming around. I even said to Damaikis after I hit a shot on a par 3 that just went a little left, "I felt like I hit that off the toe and still hit it 150 yards right at the green." These things are super forgiving. I really like the graphite shafts. They are definitely much lighter and are much easier on my wrist. I have chronic wrist/hand pain and usually after a round I have to pop an Alleve or 2 but I have absolutely no pain in my hand after 18 holes. I hope to get out 1 more time next week before heading to CT for the Invitational.

So my first round out with the I would call a success. My swing still needa to come around for me but the times I put good swings on the ball, I felt like I made really solid contact and the ball just went. Definitely was hitting the ball much higher than in the past. I hit a few very good iron shots. My game is coming around. I even said to Damaikis after I hit a shot on a par 3 that just went a little left, "I felt like I hit that off the toe and still hit it 150 yards right at the green." These things are super forgiving. I really like the graphite shafts. They are definitely much lighter and are much easier on my wrist. I have chronic wrist/hand pain and usually after a round I have to pop an Alleve or 2 but I have absolutely no pain in my hand after 18 holes. I hope to get out 1 more time next week before heading to CT for the Invitational.

TOtally agree with the super long toe shots, I took these at my DPC's to the range together this week and its night and day on the mishits

Glad to hear dev. The extra launch is really going to help your game

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Good stuff Dev, I was hitting mine at the range today and when I really smooth it out these are absolutely awesome to hit.

Glad you like them, they certainly are forgiving.

Let me start by saying that for some sick reason, I have read almost every page of this thread. I posted about six weeks ago after spending one of the most awesome days of my life at The Kingdom in Carlsbad. I had a full fitting, and walked out with a very expensive (but killer) set of 14 new clubs. They initially recommended the Rocketbladez Tours, but after hitting both, I ended up with the regular Rocketbladez with KBS Tour shafts. Since this is the forum for irons, I won't even talk about how bad ass my driver, woods, hybrid and putter are...but I will share some thoughts on the irons.

I have about 7 rounds in with the new bag, and several range sessions. I am an 8.1 index, but not for long. I continually see shots that I was previously unfamiliar with. My old irons were TM 300 Series Forged. As I approach 50 years old, I "got over" thinking I was cool by hitting forged blades. Now, I think it is cool just hitting unreal pure iron shots with a traj (Tiger Speak...) I have never seen before.

My most recent round was today...78 in our Club Championship (did I mention that the index would be going down?). No, I didn't win, as we have some legit sandbaggers in our club, but the new sticks are a lot of fun. Some of my favorite shots of the day:

- 8 iron from 165 yards on the second hole to 5 feet (birdie)
- Pitching wedge from 122 yards on the 3rd hole to 8 feet (birdie)
- 4 iron on the 215 yard par 3 4th hole to 25 feet (3 putt bogie...F*@K!).
- 5 iron off the tee on the short par 4 11th hole. Rolled out to about 210 yards. Followed up with a 112 yard A-Wedge (which is a great looking wedge BTW) to 6 feet (birdie)
- 7 iron from 173 yards on a side hill lie (ball below my feet) on the 18th hole to 12 feet (birdie).

Yes, I made four birdies, so maybe I should have been better than 78. However, the really cool thing about these irons is that I'm hitting shots that continue to amaze me (and my playing partners). These irons are truly game changers for me, and each time I play, I can't wait for my next round. I have never hit more GIR, and even a lot of my mis-hits end up on or near the green. Sometimes, it almost doesn't seem fair, but then again, I played "old school" blades for 12 years. As you can tell, I am completely sold on the "new age" of "bladez"!

And, before you ask, no I don't work for TM. I am just really happy with my purchase, and am totally stoked to see where my golf game goes from here. I'm sure they will come out with something next year that is even "better-ier", but I can't see me playing anything other than these irons for a long time. BTW, if you have never tried KBS Tours, I would highly recommend them (no, I don't work for them either...).

Great report, SD. Glad to see you are getting great results with these irons.

SD, great report and great shooting with the RBladez! Thanks for speeding up my order when you were at the Kingdom, I got them 2 days later. LOL!

After flirting with the Altitudes in 4 of my last 6 rounds, the Rbladez are firmly entrenched (for now) in my bag after today's round. Out at Stone Creek in Urbana today, I hit 8 GIR (doubling my best GIR of 2013) and just missed 2-3 others by a couple of steps, had 3 birdies, and shot my best score ever at Stone Creek of 75. 28 putts definitely helped too. This round just completely came out of the blue.
Everyone here reminded me that smooth swings work best with the RBladez coupled with a swing adjustment where I purposely tried to make cut off fade swings worked great for me. This eliminated the hook I'd been fighting the past 3-4 weeks and gave me a little higher ball flight.

Mike, off topic, but we need to play some golf sometime.

Mike, off topic, but we need to play some golf sometime.

Anytime, Ryan. As long as you let me play the shortest tees my ego allows. :act-up: I admit that I have always played the White Tees at Stone Creek since the course opened about 15 years ago, not knowing they are considered to be the senior tees. I finally realized this last year when all the retired Econ&Fin professors I often play with were playing from the whites as well. The blue tees add about 600 yards to the course at Stone Creek and makes it really long with all the rain we've had lately.

great write up SD, glad to hear the new sticks are working for you. Most of those fortunate to be selected to test these have reported at least 1 or 2 "wow" shots per round that they really didn't expect but were more than pleased with. best of luck going forward with them as well!

Back