Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Got a chance to get out and play for the first time with these wedges on Sunday. To be completely honest, I have never played with anything more than a pitching wedge in my game before. So this was definitely an adjustment for me.

First few holes around the green were extremely rough. I bladed a few across the green and left a few well short. When I hit a bad shot, I would lay a few balls down and try to reproduce the shot that I had originally wanted. Luckily, there wasn't a ton of people out on my course and so I had a chance to work on a few different shots and play around with different scenarios a bit. I will say by the end of the round, I was hitting much better shots and was even sticking a few close. The J40 54* wedge was instrumental in helping me save par after a duffed an iron shot on my second shot on a par 4. (I actually videoed it for a HOTD). Stuck it to about 8 feet and was able to get up and down for par.

The spin that these wedges produce is really incredible. I also toyed around with opening the face a bit for flop shots and I definitely need to practice this more because the results were not that encouraging, LOL. Overall, it was a great first experience with these wedges and I think they are going to be a great addition to my bag.

Not bad for the first time out with these. I remember my first try with these, Jon D brought them to myrtle and I hit them on the range and struggled big time. Then tried them again in FL in December and LOVED them, like anything else theres obviously an adjustment period with them.

Nice thoughts dude. It takes time to get comfortable with most pieces of new equipment. Since you saw some positive results I'm sure you will be deadly with these in no time

Not bad for the first time out with these. I remember my first try with these, Jon D brought them to myrtle and I hit them on the range and struggled big time. Then tried them again in FL in December and LOVED them, like anything else theres obviously an adjustment period with them.

For sure, it will take a little time to get used to, but I have a feeling these are going to be money.

Got my wedges and irons in today!

IMG_0290_zps7f2ac8ac.jpg

The full set....DPC 5-PW...52* bent to 50* with the Aerotech Steelfiber Shaft and 54/58* with DG Spinners

IMG_0295_zps856a5caa.jpg

IMG_0296_zpsce454425.jpg

IMG_0297_zpsb57212ad.jpg

Took them out for a test drive and they are MONEY!! 2nd hole I had 95 yard to the stick...hit the 54* and it hit the green and took one hop and spun back....NICE!

First full round tomorrow!

Nice setup TBT!

Got out for a round this morning and let me just say, all the hype for these wedges I now see was and is well deserved. I loved the wedges that had been in my bag wedges but these stepped right in and exceeded all my thoughts and worries about the short game and performed very well.

Got to hit Brad's 54 today with the spinner shaft and I liked it, a lot.
Reminds me a lot of my 588's...

I missed these ate demo-day....AGAIN.

STUPID. I might just take the plunge on a 58 for grins.

Got out for a round this morning and let me just say, all the hype for these wedges I now see was and is well deserved. I loved the wedges that had been in my bag wedges but these stepped right in and exceeded all my thoughts and worries about the short game and performed very well.

Did u see the crazy spin everyone has experienced

I missed these ate demo-day....AGAIN.

STUPID. I might just take the plunge on a 58 for grins.

You should they are really good wedges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great weekend with these wedges. My short game started to come around on Saturday at the outing and it's been getting better each time. Not sure why, but for a while I forgot how to play golf. I'm going to miss having them in the bag.

I am really liking these wedges!!! My chipping and pitching is coming along very nicely using these. I am a little concerned because I still struggle with fuller shots with the wedges. I purposely put the same shaft as in my irons in hopes that this would help me with this type of shot. If I can not get it in the next round or two I am going to scrap the idea, since I rarely used my wedges for full shots before. Looking forward to more work and improvement.

I am really liking these wedges!!! My chipping and pitching is coming along very nicely using these. I am a little concerned because I still struggle with fuller shots with the wedges. I purposely put the same shaft as in my irons in hopes that this would help me with this type of shot. If I can not get it in the next round or two I am going to scrap the idea, since I rarely used my wedges for full shots before. Looking forward to more work and improvement.

Glad to hear its coming around for you with these. I cant wait to get mine and go to work

Keep at it man, you'll come around.

I was a big fan of the spinner shaft until I got my latest wedges, with just a standard wedge flex shaft in them. I've found that my distances on full shots are much more consistent now.

I must of missed that I thought everyone had them already. I wonder what the delay is for yours.

Everyone knows I dont use wedges lol

Im not worried, gives me more time to dial irons in

This is true... so all good then!

Are the irons working for you?

Limited session, but I liked the first run with them, even off the stupid dry hard pan at the range

Am I right in assuming that the DG spinner shafts will increase spin but decrease distance a little compared to other shafts?

Am I right in assuming that the DG spinner shafts will increase spin but decrease distance a little compared to other shafts?

Yes you are right in assuming that. I actually matched my iron shaft in my 50* for that exact reason since I usually take full swings with it over my 54*

FWIW I hit my J40 wedges the exact same distances as my old CG14's with the Cleveland wedge shaft so the Spinners causing distance loss isn't a universal trait.

I thought I would have better success with these wedges hitting full shots as I put the same shaft as in my irons in them instead of the spinners. No such luck, but hitting other shots and chips very well so I guess I will stick with that for the time being.

I thought I would have better success with these wedges hitting full shots as I put the same shaft as in my irons in them instead of the spinners. No such luck, but hitting other shots and chips very well so I guess I will stick with that for the time being.

What's your miss with them? How does that vary from your last wedges?

Back