Posting a score on aerated greens

Erky

Reaction score
I had a bad experience yesterday. Recently aerated greens on a course I rarely play, and putting was almost impossible. It was like playing Plinko. I feel like posting my score yesterday will unfairly inflate my handicap. Post it anyway?

Everybody at your club who posted a score yesterday is putting on the same greens and is "unfairly" having their handicap inflated.

It's golf. Not everything is fair. Post the score.

In the future, don't play when the green are aerated, or upon finding out they are, immediately turn the round into a practice round.

If your score was that terrible, won't the formula just count it as an outlier and disregard it anyways? Not sure how this works but I mean everyone has an off day (or plays on punched greens).

Everybody at your club who posted a score yesterday is putting on the same greens and is "unfairly" having their handicap inflated.

It's golf. Not everything is fair. Post the score.

In the future, don't play when the green are aerated, or upon finding out they are, immediately turn the round into a practice round.

Great advice!

I had a bad experience yesterday. Recently aerated greens on a course I rarely play, and putting was almost impossible. It was like playing Plinko. I feel like posting my score yesterday will unfairly inflate my handicap. Post it anyway?

I say no.

hcp is calculated using the 10 best (differential) scores out of the last 20. So if it was really bad it will get excluded. Even if it did get included one round will not impact you that much.

Why be afraid a higher score? It will only help. Getting an extra stroke or two for some rounds might get you some more wins.

Bit of a pain when that happens. On the courses in NYC they don't tell you (or very rarely) when aeration is going to be done and when it is done you don't get a reduced fee like some offer but that's another story.

Usually when we play in a group and the greens are being worked on we play a 2 putt max, none of us use the official handicap system and those rounds are usually casual.

However if you are using the official system then count it as a round and take the high score and put it at the back of your mind as just one of those things.

I either put it in as a practice round with aerated greens in the comments or just put it in and if it's that bad of a score, it won't be counted anyways.

Either way, it wouldn't effect my handicap.

I would post it. No need to lie to yourself! It will all average out at the end of the day.

When putting on recently aerated greens, Im simply more generous in the gimmie putts that I give myself. Like the others said though, theres no harm in inflating your handicap a bit!

Use your best judgement. If the conditions were terrible then no.

When putting on recently aerated greens, Im simply more generous in the gimmie putts that I give myself. Like the others said though, theres no harm in inflating your handicap a bit!

There shouldn't be any gimmie putts in a round posted for handicap.

Ehh.. That would make for some long rounds. In the leather is fine in my books.

I sat post away.

I'm not saying. Just saying.

There shouldn't be any gimmie putts in a round posted for handicap.
There are always exceptions, such as lift, clean and place in soft conditions or winter rules where you can fluff your lie.

There are always exceptions, such as lift, clean and place in soft conditions or winter rules where you can fluff your lie.

This is going to spiral quickly. But aren't there supposed to be no exceptions in the rules of golf?

Post your score, it's not going to matter. It won't or shouldn't cost you anything.

Pitting punched greens is all about the speed. Your not trying to make your trying to two putt. A made putt is a bonus

Back