Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really thinking it's hybrid time again & with as many out there now, I guess it's time to start expolring. Any tips on where to start?

What loft ate you thinking about?

not really golf clubs, but i'm pondering a ton about staff bags. tough tough decisions lol. i use a clic gear, and have everything in a black/white color right now, headcovers, paintfills, ping hoofer/clic gear. i bought a cobra 2012 staff bag yesterday (found it at a winners/ross/marshalls type store) for $150, but its the black one with white pinstripes and all yellow logos. however, i do not play a single cobra club lol. i'll probably be returning it, but i still have my mind on a couple other bags. perhaps a black with white accent nike staffer off of ebay (JDM one), or locally i've got a guy with an older Ping T9.5 white/black with the G10 atomic orange accents that is in mint condition. i could get the wifey to color up that orange vinyl to get it all to match back into the tuxedo colors, but i'm not sure about getting a bag from 2008/2009 styling, i feel like newer staff bag styles are a little more streamline.

does anyone own a T9.5 or think that the "style" of it is outdated?

Not sure how to feel about the R1 black, I really liked the R1 And after a fitting earlier his year I was hitting long arrows. Just not sure if I want the black one, it's kind of r9esque

Amp Cell hybo as well. Hit one at GG the other day and whoa.

Cleveland demo day at a local range Thursday! Pretty excited actually

Get your Altitude on!!

Pondering some yellow Srixon Q-Stars. Hearing nothing but good things...

Pondering oversize grips for all the clubs in the bag. I'm thinking that it'll help some with consistency as I wear a XXL glove and am currently swinging standards.

Do your fingers dig in your palm? If they do, I'd go bigger

tapin from my big as note 2

Hit a set of MP-60s that came in on trade and may pull the trigger just for the fun of it. If I could discard 2-3 out of every 10 shots a round I could play these for sure. So pure. For the price and condition, I'm in serious ponder.

I really need to stay out of ponder mode, as it seems 2 days is pretty stock from ponder to purchase for me. I couldn't resist the feel and the absolute darts I was throwing from 8i down. Now to figure out where I break the set and go with forgiveness. I think 7-pw right now.

Do your fingers dig in your palm? If they do, I'd go bigger

They do even with midsized. Going jumbo!

Is it wrong that I want to hit a Cleveland XL just because it has a B Asha in it?

I really need to stay out of ponder mode, as it seems 2 days is pretty stock from ponder to purchase for me. I couldn't resist the feel and the absolute darts I was throwing from 8i down. Now to figure out where I break the set and go with forgiveness. I think 7-pw right now.

Nice purchase. You do better than I do, 18 hours is the best I've been able to do.
Play a few rounds before you break the set. I think you will find them just as forgiving at least through the 5i. I play the hybrid version in place of my 3i-4i so I can't speak to their forgiveness.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trying to replace my TP Red LDP with a urethane ball in the $20-$30 range. FG Tour, Z-Star/XV, Penta TP3, U4/U4X/U6, Chrome/Chrome+, Gamer Tour. Am I missing anything else, lol?

Pondering another RBS2 3 wood. The HL 3 is just too good. Might set that one to 18 and get a 15. Really impressed so far.

Thinking a nike method 003 and a bushnell v3 may be in my near future

Trying to replace my TP Red LDP with a urethane ball in the $20-$30 range. FG Tour, Z-Star/XV, Penta TP3, U4/U4X/U6, Chrome/Chrome+, Gamer Tour. Am I missing anything else, lol?
Even tho a 2 pc. E5 could fit also.
Funny thing is I'm doing the same thing. . Down to last 2 dz. Reds

Ping G25, Anser or R1

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Even tho a 2 pc. E5 could fit also.
Funny thing is I'm doing the same thing. . Down to last 2 dz. Reds

I tried the E5 when it first came out and really liked everything but I hit it a mile high. I didn't have the low spinning driver head that I use now though...

E5 and rocketballz urethane. Both are around $28 both are awesome.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back