What shot shape do you play? Fade vs Draw vs Straight?

Ahh...thanks for sharing OG, is KellyBo aware of this?

haha I got a video somewhere that would explain that hooker stuff :zdance:. It's called Mrs. Graybush. lol

My swing has progressed from big slice to draw to baby fade to dead straight. Constantly trying to improve my swing and it has been an interesting year trying to figure out where my ball is going to go if I start relapsing into an old swing move!

A pretty consistent fade, particularly off the tee. However, if there's one thing I have a tendency to do it to cast my hands and club head on the downswing and pull the ball really far to the left. That hurts particularly bad if I'm set up to play a fade.

Last year I was all about playing a draw, even though it was hard for me to control. Now I'm playing more of a straight shot. My driver tends to fade a bit most of the time. But I find, for me, that a fade is easier to control & sticks to greens easier too.

I play all 3 shots on every round but I could not hit any of them on demand. Normally it is a guess to which shot will come out.

Driver - either a baby draw (good contact) or a heavy fade (hesitant swing).
FW's - straight but I can play a fade if needed. Cannot hit a draw with these.
Hyb/Irons - consistent baby draw. Cannot hit a fade.
Wedges - straight
Putter - who the hell knows hehe.

draw......sometimes hook.

I have a draw at the moment. I really wish I could just hit it straight but at least it takes the right side out of play.

Natural fade for me but I can hit a draw when it is a must, but I go with what comes natural which for me takes the left side of every hole out of play and that is a good thing.

You're suppose to play a shot shape? ...and ruin the surprise?

Natural shot shape is a draw, which I'd trade for a fade any day! Upside is some overspin on the drive. Downside is the occasional push or "yank" left. Also when the draw turns into a hook, it rolls forever into trouble!

I normally play a draw but I have just worked out how to fade aswell. Lots of reading and watching videos on youtube about how to do it, so I went to the course to try and it works. The more shots I can pull off the better I can approach my game.

If my swing is on its a slight draw, mostly hit straight. I try to fade it off the tee on some holes and its big trouble if the ball doesn't fade.

I tend to try and hit the ball as straight as possible.

I find it easier to fade the ball than I do to draw it and when I am in the groove I can do it quite effectively especially with fairway woods and hybrids.

I try to hit the ball straight, but when I go after one with my woods I tend to overswing and introduce a bit of a fade so lately I have been shortening the backswing slightly to eliminate this and living with the reduced distance it produces. I can hit an intentional draw but there are no guarantees as to how much it will draw so I tend not to do it unless I am playing well and feeling confident

Depends on the swing for the day. Natural shape is a fade for me that can turn into a slice with a quickness. After way too much money in clubs and lessons I play a longer draw on my good relaxed easy swinging days. When I'm off or tense etc, it becomes a fade again and slowly regressed into slicing everything down to the putter.

Taptaptaparoo

Lately I've been more comfortable with a fade, but for some reason I'm more consistent with a straight shot or a slight draw with long irons. I tend to occasionally turn over and pull on those, probably over swinging, thinking I need it for extra distance instead of letting the club work. Need to work on that. Mind games!

I've encountered a funny thing, it's mental and frankly...it sounds "mental".

I used to hit a fade with my driver. Now when I have been hitting a draw I don't like it. It's ugly.

I like the visual flight of a iron draw, but when I hit a draw with my driver I just want to puke. I have been hitting a fade drive for so long that everything else looks like a bad shot to me :D Not funny man.

I play all three and more :D Always on accident!

Draw the irons fade the big clubs. Lessons got the iron draw working but I am still not getting the toe around on the woods fast enough to draw them.

I'd prefer straight, but fade is the natural shape. I don't always mind that on approaches, but it can rob distance off the tee and if the wind is with the fade it can become tough to control.

On good days mine is a fade with every club on bad days it can be a super nasty slice, one drive I remember I hit it almose dead left but my slice put me on the right side of the farway lol.

Both.

Stock shot with a driver/hybrid/fairway wood is a draw.
Stock shot with a irons/wedges is a fade.
Stock shot with putter is straight. :D

You're suppose to play a shot shape? ...and ruin the surprise?

Ha Ha I like that one! If I can remember it, I'll spring it on my golf instructor. I think he'd get a chuckle out of it!

My own preferred "shape" is a slight straight pull to the right. None of this curvey-wervey nonsense!

I'd actually prefer a slight draw, but it's not in my repertoire right now. The slight straight pull is better than the vicious slice or the big fade that I see a lot of.

Back