Contest - Callaway & THP - 4th Spot in the #Grandaddy

Lots of worthy entries so far. Got to get mine in soooooon.

Some good posts in here. Gonna have to think of something good for this one!

We really need some more entries in here. There are some really awesome ideas in here. People better get on here and post or all of the good ideas will be taken.

I am not sure that my entry will qualify since I didn't take a picture of my current 3WD. The only problem is, I don't have a 3WD. I sport a 2HY instead.

Way back in 2010, a new kid enlisted in my bag. He took the Queen's shilling with a view to providing covering fire both at the home course and others far and wide.

Things started well and no matter what was asked of him, he stepped up to the plate and gave it his all. It was obvious from the outset that 'attack' was his middle name. Yes he had R9 stamped on his butt, but that must be slang for 'attack'.

He stuck with me through thick and thin, good times and bad, and even when he was ill and not able to come up with the goods, he didn't hold it against me for trying other mercenaries. These others that were trialed never seemed to come up to his qualities though and I would always re-kindle the friendship and he always managed to get back into the bag at some of those times when he was most needed. Good on you boy!

That was until recently when I heard of what looks like may well be his successor. The new offering from the boys at Callaway Golf seems to have my bag drooling. With the DEEP face giving a very consistent distance control and lightweight shaft, how can I possibly say no to what my bag wants. This could be the holy grail of fairway woods for me. Consistent distance, easy to hit and faultless looks.

When R9 found out about this he was justifiably not happy, so much so that he went into a blinding rage. I guess he could see the writing on the wall as far as his service goes. After much shouting and clanking of heads everything went silent. I thought that he had given in and come to terms with being sidelined. No he hadn't at all and he had in fact expired totally. Yes I will certainly miss him and all that he has done for me, but things change and we must all move on.

The last time that he stepped up to the plate and got me out of the s**t was to pound a ball 240 over water to land just short of the green. For this I will be eternally grateful. To this end, I feel that it will be a fitting tribute in true Navy style to give him a watery burial.

Thank you R9, aka 'ATTACK', for your truly remarkable service to my golfing cause. Yes you will be missed, but the new guy will, I am sure uphold his part of the job once enlisted.
It is with a sad heart that I commit you to a DEEP watery grave, but you have simply succumbed to the powers of the mighty
3DEEP.

Richard Rodgers
twitter : @stourport_photo

Last edited:
Love it RR!

Richard -- You're cooking with Crisco dude :clapp:. I have as much chance as a rabbit out running a beagle hound on a moped, as I do winning this slot :banghead:. There are some excellent entries in this thing and good luck guys! You young uns are slicker than a pole dancer on a ice pole :bulgy-eyes:

Ok if you've not hit this club yet, outside, not on a launch monitor, or into a net! I Tripple dog dare you to. I have a club in my bag that I paid way to much money for that can't keep up! It's crazy how long this is. I really wish I had done this prior to my submission.

Twitter: hiltongolfer

Here's a picture of my current 3W:
xhot.JPG

It's the little brother of the 3Deep. While I normally hit this thing great, there are times I hit it high off the face and I could always use a little more distance. I also have days where I'm not hitting my driver all that well and the 3Deep can help me off the tee and I'll still get decent length off the tee. I would love to have the 3Deep in my bag.

OK. So my original post was more of a joke. It was not a true entry as it did not include my 3WD. It was just my attempt to get people excited about this awesome opportunity. While this may not be as good, this will at least be a qualifying entry.

Recent #Grandaddy Scope Data

Today I was at the range and noticed a group of people gathered around together. I was just minding my own business trying to figure out my current 3WD (Ping i20), when I kept hearing a lot of
commotion from the group. It seems like every time I addressed the ball, someone in the crowd would hit and everyone would start clapping and cheering. I did notice that when the person was hitting, I could here the impact but I could not see the ball. I was obviously not getting any good practice done with all of the excitement, so I walked over to join the crowd. When I made my way through the crowd I saw that they had a launch monitor set up. This was not ordinary launch monitor, this was the #Grandaddy Scope (not to be confused with the Flight Scope or Trackman). The #Grandaddy scope is the most accurate of all launch monitors on the market. It is the unofficial launch monitor of THP and the #Grandaddy. I took this as an opportunity to hit a couple of shots with my current 3WD. Needless to say, after a couple of swings that crowd walked away and I was left with my thoughts. I was feeling kind of low when I noticed someone walked up behind me. I was completely shocked when I turned to find Harry Arnett and Hashtag Chad. Man does that Chad have some nice hair. We talked for a while about why I was feeling so down and my struggles with my 3WD. It didn't take long and they put the 3 Deep in my hand. I took a couple of practice swings with the 3 Deep and could tell it was something special. It wasn't until I hit my first shot with the 3 Deep that I realized just how special. I took a few more swing with the 3 Deep and turned around to find that the crowd had regathered around. It seemed like I was putting on a clinic as I was hitting the 3 Deep. The only shot I couldn't hit with the 3 Deep was a short one. After about 15 minutes of bomb after bomb, I turned to the Callaway guys to see if I could keep the 3 Deep. They said there was no way that I could keep the 3 Deep, and that there was now way they would stand a chance in the #Grandaddy with this club in my hands. After all, the ZooCrew isn't going to lose a point right? I was able to get a screen shot of my #Grandaddy Scope data. I though I would share it with you guys so that you know what this club is capable of.

attachment.php

Slide1.jpg

@codybwallace
#FTW

Last edited:
Do-overs? :bashful: :bashful:

Bump it up.

Time is running thin people!!

#Jman4grandaddy

Bump it up.

Time is running thin people!!

#Jman4grandaddy

I hope you win dude.

Spoiler
If I don't of course

Best of luck with the entries everyone, and there have been some very good creative ones already.

As much as it saddens me to say, I won't be able to continue trying to get in the Grandaddy due to work issues for the end of the year that have come up in the past couple of weeks. On the plus side, that means one fewer competitor for the rest of you.

#Jman4grandaddy

Best of luck with the entries everyone, and there have been some very good creative ones already.

As much as it saddens me to say, I won't be able to continue trying to get in the Grandaddy due to work issues for the end of the year that have come up in the past couple of weeks. On the plus side, that means one fewer competitor for the rest of you.

#Jman4grandaddy

I really hate to hear this.

^^^^Just Tapped That

#Jman4grandaddy

Donne this makes me sad to hear buddy! But believe me I know life gets in the way sometimes.

I do have to admit that #Jman4grandaddy appreciates your thoughts! Hahaha

I really hate to hear this.

^^^^Just Tapped That

Donne this makes me sad to hear buddy! But believe me I know life gets in the way sometimes.

I do have to admit that #Jman4grandaddy appreciates your thoughts! Hahaha

I appreciate it guys, and I hate to even make posts like that because it's not about an individual. It's about the event and the sponsors, which I fully appreciate even when I can't take part in them all.

Come on folks. Where are all the entries for this one? Are you all on holiday or something?

Yes this is a little different as JB wanted to see our creative sides, but surely everyone can take a photo and write a few words. You have to be in it to win it so get your fingers out.

Some really great ideas so far but MOOOORRRRRRE needed. Let's do JB proud with this one.

Come on folks. Where are all the entries for this one? Are you all on holiday or something?

Yes this is a little different as JB wanted to see our creative sides, but surely everyone can take a photo and write a few words. You have to be in it to win it so get your fingers out.

Some really great ideas so far but MOOOORRRRRRE needed. Let's do JB proud with this one.

THP Law of Entries: The number of entries for a contest is inversely proportional to the amount of effort required to enter said contest.

Human nature I guess...although some people may be scared away by the serious quality of some of the already posted entries. Doesn't reduce how great of a prize this will be for the lucky winner.

The idea I have is so epic and so mind blowing, it should be illegal. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills or equipment to pull it off. So I'm trying to dumb it down and still carry some weight behind it.

The idea I have is so epic and so mind blowing, it should be illegal. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills or equipment to pull it off. So I'm trying to dumb it down and still carry some weight behind it.

You've got less than 48 hours, better get crackin!

THP Law of Entries: The number of entries for a contest is inversely proportional to the amount of effort required to enter said contest.

Human nature I guess...although some people may be scared away by the serious quality of some of the already posted entries. Doesn't reduce how great of a prize this will be for the lucky winner.

I would have figured that the amount of entries would be directly proportional to the awesomeness of the prize.

Besides, how hard is it to take a picture and write a sentence? The creativity is just a bonus and it's cool to see some of the entries.

JB never said that the most awesome creative entry is going to be the winner nor did he say it was a random draw. Just that the "right" entry would win. I'll just assume on my own that means a right-handed golfer. :act-up:

Still a couple of days left. I suspect we'll see a flury of activity just before the deadline.

Back