Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, there is an application that works like the Google Calendar Sync called gsyncit (http://www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit3/) I use this on a few clients computers that love Outlook. I personally am not an outlook fan but thats for another conversation! There are 2 other options that are Outlook replacements which I believe work better especially in conjunction with Google/Gmail to sync Calendar, Contacts and Email. The first would be Zimbra Desktop (http://www.zimbra.com/) its very easy to setup and use and very closely resembles outlook in its appearance and functionality. The other is Thunderbird (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/) setup is a little more difficult and there are some functional differences which will take some getting used to but Mozilla always provides a stable platform. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.

Thank you so much! I am going to look into these right now.

Yup, that's what I am saying. And vice versa, if I input something on my phone it's no longer going to my outlook. I used to be able to use Google Calendar Sync, but they disabled that now so I can't do it anymore now that I changed my password on gmail.

I use sync are you saying it doesn't work because of the changed password? Can't you update the passwords in that and google as well and be good to go?

Just asking because if I'm going to run into that problem in the future I'd like to investigate solutions now as well.

Thank you so much! I am going to look into these right now.

Not a problem. I use Zimbra Desktop on my laptop for the offline access.

Downloaded Windows Live Essentials last night, for Windows Live Mail. The stock mail program for Windows 8 doesn't support POP3 so I had to go downstairs to get my RoadRunner mail. Not that it's that big a deal, as RoadRunner is out the door in a couple of weeks anyway, and I will be using Gmail full time, but it was still a pain. I will still use it for the Gmail anyway.

Thinking of getting the iPad mini for the wife on her birthday. She already has the iPhone 5 so it makes sense with the cloud thing. Anybody own this and how do you like it?

Thinking of getting the iPad mini for the wife on her birthday. She already has the iPhone 5 so it makes sense with the cloud thing. Anybody own this and how do you like it?

Sister in law has a mini and loves it. Everyone else I know has regular iPad, including myself, and they also love it.

You'd be on point with either choice.

I am now the proud owner of a new laptop. My MacBook Pro 17" had a good run, but it was time to stop seeing the spinning wheel of death and picked up a new PC. Samsung Series 7 Chronos with Core i7 and Radeon graphics card. In my brief time with it so far, this little machine seems crazy fast.

I am now the proud owner of a new laptop. My MacBook Pro 17" had a good run, but it was time to stop seeing the spinning wheel of death and picked up a new PC. Samsung Series 7 Chronos with Core i7 and Radeon graphics card. In my brief time with it so far, this little machine seems crazy fast.

Nice pickup....u were a kid in the candy store

Nice pickup....u were a kid in the candy store

I ended up getting the one we saw in that Samsung section in CT. Not dealing with some of the Mac issues is pretty darn nice so far.

I ended up getting the one we saw in that Samsung section in CT. Not dealing with some of the Mac issues is pretty darn nice so far.

I went back to pc after having a Mac book pro too. My desktop and work computer were pc and its just easier. Plus it's more familiar as I've used pc forever.

I'm really liking my new laptop too. How do you like Windows 8?

I dont blame you one bit, there were definitely some solid offerings available

I'm really liking my new laptop too. How do you like Windows 8?

I like it. I have been using a "version" of it on the Windows Surface Tablet.

I dont blame you one bit, there were definitely some solid offerings available

So far so good. Liking what I am seeing and the darn thing looks awesome.

Good to know, I may end up in the market real soon, unless Dev saves the day on my old one

Is your laptop a touchscreen? Mine is not.

I did download Windows Live Essentials for the email. The stock Win 8 mail sucks because it doesn't support POP3.

Yes it is touchscreen.
I use Outlook for mail.

Everything else running alright on it?

Everything else running alright on it?

Yeah dude. Digging the graphics card for video editing. I am able to "pre-turn it on" for certain programs so that when I start the program, it immediately toggles the Radeon. So far so good.

One little screen crack and "poof" there it goes...

Seriously though, our company has been looking into the new Samsung lineup and have heard good things from the IT guys, even if most of it is in another language, they seem to be excited by them. Hope it helps with the video editing.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Not really a ponder, but I preordered an XBox One on Amazon. I figure worst case scenario this thing will be in tight supply for the holidays and I can flip it. If I don't decide between then and now to keep it.

I'm an idiot, can someone point me in the direction of the fitness wristband things that people are wearing? My wife wants to get one for her dad for Father's Day. We were looking at the Jawbone, but it seems like you have to plug that into a computer to get the data off of it, and we want it to be able to sync with his Iphone as easily as possible.

I'm an idiot, can someone point me in the direction of the fitness wristband things that people are wearing? My wife wants to get one for her dad for Father's Day. We were looking at the Jawbone, but it seems like you have to plug that into a computer to get the data off of it, and we want it to be able to sync with his Iphone as easily as possible.
I am using the Fitbit Flex; http://www.fitbit.com/flex

I assume that was the one that you had at the Outing, didn't Dean and Jenn also have it? How do you like it?

Yes sir, I had it on at the Outing. Jenn had one as well, Dean has the Nike Fuelband.

For me, I like it because it syncs via bluetooth to the computer and phone, and to me it makes it a heck of a lot easier. The sleep tracking is nice, as it lets me know how many hours of sleep I dont get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back