Pro Wrestling Thread

same here Smallville. I don't have a clue who the new guys are. I think I stopped watching in the mid 90s....when it was still WCW and WWF.

I will admit it; I have started watching Wrestling again.

No clue why. But my son had it on a few weeks ago so I tuned in, and remembered how much of a WWF nerd I used to be, and got sucked in.

Im such a dork.

images

I literally LOL'd at my desk when I saw this thread pop up. No idea why.

I literally LOL'd at my desk when I saw this thread pop up. No idea why.
I laughed when I saw that Smallville had already created one.

I was WWF fan as a youngster. I subrcibed to the magazine.

Oh baby.

mag1a.jpg

tumblr_lgs2yoAyfd1qfqqcyo1_500.png

I quit watching when they sold out and did the Smack Down/Raw split. Now, I just get together with some friends every year and have a BBQ and some drinks while we watch wrestlemania. It's a yearly tradition now, I guess.

If there are any Redditors out there, Mick Foley did an AMA yesterday that was a pretty good read.

Rob and I went to the pay per view where WWE and WCW merged into 1, Shane McMahon was running WCW at the time. GOt some commemorative chairs that we got for sitting ringside and promptly sold them for $150 each

h1DA735E7

I also chuckled when I saw this thread, must of missed it the first time. I have been a fan of wrestling since the 80s USed to go to Madison Square Garden to watch it. Now I check it out on Monday's every now and then. Some things dont change.

I went to a bunch every time they rolled through town. Best match that I ever saw was The British Bulldogs vs. The Hart Foundation in a cage. It was unreal.

Growing up in Calgary we also had a bunch of the Hart family be substitute teachers one kid asked him if it was fake and I though he was going to pile drive him through a desk.

I will admit it; I have started watching Wrestling again.

No clue why. But my son had it on a few weeks ago so I tuned in, and remembered how much of a WWF nerd I used to be, and got sucked in.

Im such a dork.

images
Don't be ashamed I love tuning in from time to time!
That is straight out of my wresting fever!!!

This is an awesome thread. But I need to go back and fond those videos that aren't playing anymore!

Old school I loved me some ultimate warrior and undertaker. Than it became Kane and Stone Cold

Pro Wrestling Thread

I've been rewatching 1993 on YouTube the past couple of weeks. I'm up to about September now.

Good times

Oh man I used to love it. Monday was always Raw and Nitro!

As a kid my dad took me to a few house events (not televised). Some of the fights I remember: IRS/Hitman (time limit draw), Hogan/Slaughter (Hogan), Ultimate Warrior/Undertaker in a bodybag match (Warrior actually won lol).

I stopped watching in high school and now its painful to watch. They have become insane with the moves they do. None of these current guys will be able to walk at 60. The worst part is how often the title changes. Back in the day, the title would change every year or 2. Now it changes almost weekly. It kills me to think that John Cena has been the champ 11 times, and even CM Punk twice....all the while the Ultimate Warrior only had it once.

Oh man I used to love it. Monday was always Raw and Nitro!

As a kid my dad took me to a few house events (not televised). Some of the fights I remember: IRS/Hitman (time limit draw), Hogan/Slaughter (Hogan), Ultimate Warrior/Undertaker in a bodybag match (Warrior actually won lol).

I stopped watching in high school and now its painful to watch. They have become insane with the moves they do. None of these current guys will be able to walk at 60. The worst part is how often the title changes. Back in the day, the title would change every year or 2. Now it changes almost weekly. It kills me to think that John Cena has been the champ 11 times, and even CM Punk twice....all the while the Ultimate Warrior only had it once.

Warrior might have held it more if he weren't such a pain to deal with.

Just replaced most of the old videos. One of them was removed from YouTube.

We were at this match. Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS in 1973. We went maybe ten times as kids (dad took us; mom hated wrestling!) and we got to see Handsome Harley Race beat Dory Funk, Jr. for the title.

I tried to get his autograph on the program one time, but he told me, "go away kid, I'm not signing that." I got his autograph one of the other times I was there after he turned into a fan favorite.

Pretty good Smackdown tonight.

Back