Callaway XHot Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

That's my only concern. I do get good ball height with the Super S and I'd like to keep that. However, fairway woods are probably the clubs I struggle with the most with in terms of control, even having found one that I like.

Hopefully the Motore will give you a good ball flight. Really can't wait to hear the results of this one in the next couple days. Are you able to do a couple side by side comparisons by chance?

For sure.

How does the Motore comapre to the stock? Hit the stock in Darren's at AC and found the ball flight a bit too high.

I've got an F1 in my 5w. It's not going to be a pure apples to apples comparison but it definitely is a mid to mid-high launching shaft opposed to the PXv which for me is definitely a low-mid.

California, is there any way you can take that hybrid out on the course for your next upcoming review? I know you've had some range time with it but it'd be interesting to hear your reviews from different lies and such.

I've got an F1 in my 5w. It's not going to be a pure apples to apples comparison but it definitely is a mid to mid-high launching shaft opposed to the PXv which for me is definitely a low-mid.

California, is there any way you can take that hybrid out on the course for your next upcoming review? I know you've had some range time with it but it'd be interesting to hear your reviews from different lies and such.

Thanks Mike. Hard to imagine hitting the xhot hybrid any higher!

Thanks Mike. Hard to imagine hitting the xhot hybrid any higher!

No problem man. I hit War Eagle's the other day and I was pretty surprised by the flight. I have the PXv in two fairway woods and it felt softer than that, and I didn't even hit it all that great. I wouldn't be so quick to put a lower launching shaft in it though just cause IMO I'd care more about the ball flight I want for that club. If it launches high and lands soft, it's going to be a better asset for me on second shots on long par 4's or par 5's instead of just something that I can hit far. Off the tee, it'd be something that's not going to run through a fairway on me. It might not go as far but if the ball flight is accurate, I don't care about losing a couple yards of carry and some roll out (something I can't factor for in my current conditions anyway)

No problem man. I hit War Eagle's the other day and I was pretty surprised by the flight. I have the PXv in two fairway woods and it felt softer than that, and I didn't even hit it all that great. I wouldn't be so quick to put a lower launching shaft in it though just cause IMO I'd care more about the ball flight I want for that club. If it launches high and lands soft, it's going to be a better asset for me on second shots on long par 4's or par 5's instead of just something that I can hit far. Off the tee, it'd be something that's not going to run through a fairway on me. It might not go as far but if the ball flight is accurate, I don't care about losing a couple yards of carry and some roll out (something I can't factor for in my current conditions anyway)

Great point about carry vs. roll out and what you will be using the club for most of the time.

I'm glad you were able to talk about the F1 ward. I honestly have no clue lol. Just how it's coming. It's a tipped R flex, so I'm hoping it helps keep the ball up there..

I'm glad you were able to talk about the F1 ward. I honestly have no clue lol. Just how it's coming. It's a tipped R flex, so I'm hoping it helps keep the ball up there..

I think you'll like it. Might take a bit to get used to but I'm definitely interested in how it compares for you against that 3w. Hopefully you get yourself into a couple situations where you can go for a par 5 in 2 and can drop a ball for comparison purposes.

If I can just keep my hands in front of the club head :banghead:

If I can just keep my hands in front of the club head :banghead:

I'd still give the nod to the hybrid, after watching War Eagle hit a bad shot (sorry War) with his Mashie and then drop another ball for comparison purposes with the XHot. The difference in turf interaction was night and day. It just seemed to glide even in saturated conditions. The Mashie is a good hybrid too, but it just splattered.

From my time with the 4h non-pro I'd agree with that 100%.

I played 72 holes last week and I did not have one bad shot with Pro 20* and I hit it a ton, everything was right at the 200-205 distance some straight some with a baby fade. One highlight I remember, I was sitting about 215 out in the rough with left side blocked and I can only see the right side of the green and knowing the distance was tad longer then my normal swing with the club I gave it a little extra and sure enough the ball was heading straight towards the right side of the green and I was 5 yds short but was happy cause if I tried to hit my 3W I would of flew green. Another hole has water at the 220 mark and over the water is a ugly rough that leads to green so you pretty much have to lay up and hit the X-hot straight down middle leaving me a 9I into the green, stuck it and 2 putted for Par.

I'm really thinking hard about getting the Pro 23* version to replace my 6 yr old R7 22* Rescue club, but I need to compare it to Cobra Amp first as I like the concept of the Myfly but if the Amp fails to impress I will be adding another X-Hot pro to my bag........

How does the Motore comapre to the stock? Hit the stock in Darren's at AC and found the ball flight a bit too high.

Man, listen to you whine...!

Your flight didn't look "too high" at all! You stroked that thing!

had my hybo out for its maiden voyage today... i like it a lot.... very confident with it... hit it off the tee and into a long par 5 today. which i hit in 2.... i think the biggest thing i noticed today was the ability to hit it higher if i wanted to stick a green or keep it lower to run out on some fairways.... something i'll def be working on.... i didn't really work the club at all today all straight shots. honestly i don't work the ball much but if i do it would be with this club. so its something i wanna go to the range and work on at some point. but came away impressed the starter asked me about it after my round and i think i sold him on buying one (he already has the 3 wood)

Got out with the hybrids today for the first time. I had a little trouble on my first 2 swings with some big cuts, but I made a minor adjustment and hit 3 long beautiful balls that just drop out of the sky and land soft. I have a feeling my 2 hybrids (4 & 5) are going to be very good friends. Plus, they sure are pretty.

Hybrid2.jpg

hybrid1.jpg

Pretty indeed! Just out of curiosity, what made you go regular over the pro?

Pretty indeed! Just out of curiosity, what made you go regular over the pro?

Because he is LH and awesome. Obviously.

THIS^^^ The lofts I wanted were not available in the pro for LH. I know this, I hit the 4 hybrid as far as I hit the Black 3 wood, and I hit it straighter.

THIS^^^ The lofts I wanted were not available in the pro for LH. I know this, I hit the 4 hybrid as far as I hit the Black 3 wood, and I hit it straighter.

All I needed to hear. That's a deep 4H!

All I needed to hear. That's a deep 4H!

I have to say that I was completely shocked at how far I was hitting this yesterday. Maybe not as long as some folks, but for me it was really long.

I have to say that I was completely shocked at how far I was hitting this yesterday. Maybe not as long as some folks, but for me it was really long.

Can't wait to hear some more results from you!

Can't wait to hear some more results from you!

Hopefully getting out to play 18 Friday and Saturday so I should have a larger sample size by then.

Gotta love it.

9u6upa7e.jpg

7y4a2ysa.jpg

hubybyzu.jpg

Awesome Hawkster. Looks great. Cant wait to hear your thoughts on the new shaft combo.

Back