Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
<<<<<<<< Another of the hate playing in the rain votes.

Sprinkles is OK, A brief rainfall is OK if it's not HOT (because then it's really humid!).

<<<<<<<< Another of the hate playing in the rain votes.

Sprinkles is OK, A brief rainfall is OK if it's not HOT (because then it's really humid!).

Yes, but if it's hot, you're wearing fewer clothes and won't get as wet. I'd rather get rained on in shorts than pants and a sweater.

Sprinkles is OK,

Mmmmmmmm . . . sprinkles . . .

sprinkles.jpg

Yes, but if it's hot, you're wearing fewer clothes and won't get as wet.

Not me. I cover up. I'm shy.

Spoiler
Not really.

Arizona must be the old indian word for NO RAIN! because we don't get much. 340+ days per year of sunshine. Temps for this weekend range from 100 to 102. Nice and cool.

I've been there for the monsoons though. When Arizona gets rain, it doesn't mess around!

I've been there for the monsoons though. When Arizona gets rain, it doesn't mess around!
You are right there. I have been caught out on the course before in a downpour. Getting back to the clubhouse through the flooded washes was not fun.

Today was a beautiful day - it was 60*, the sky was a bright blue and all the leaves have changed colors. I started my round wearing a sweater, but by the 5th hole, was warm enoough to take it off. I could have not asked for better weather.

Today was a practice day, it was 36* and cloudy.

85 and sunny. Teed off around 10:30 and by the time we made the turn, we got a nice breeze to keep us cool. Better (cooler) weather coming later this week.

85 and sunny. Teed off around 10:30 and by the time we made the turn, we got a nice breeze to keep us cool. Better (cooler) weather coming later this week.

You lucky dog!

Then again I'm coming to Tucson for a Junior tournament at the end of next month :D

It may have gotten into the 50's today, but by tee time in was mid to upper 40's, overcast and windy. Windchill had to be in the upper 30's, but we got our round in.

High winds out here starting Tuesday. Upwards to 45 MPH they say. Hopefully those winds will be gone later on Wednesday.

High winds out here starting Tuesday. Upwards to 45 MPH they say. Hopefully those winds will be gone later on Wednesday.

We've got them coming as well. I played in those conditions earlier this year at Fred Enke, a desert course. It was brutal. I put my 1 iron in the bag and hit these low hooks off the tee all day just to keep it in play. I hit a 185 yard 9 iron and a 110 yard 5 iron in the same round. Very strange to play into a 5 club wind.

I had to cancel tomorrows round because of the wind. Rescheduled for Wed. We are getting ready for our member-guest this weekend and are going out to plot our strategy. 1st 9 holes on Sat is scramble, the 2nd 9 holes is shamble. Then on Sunday 18 holes of best ball. Just got my new TM R9 3w today so I have to go out tomorrow on the range and try this baby out. Should be fun in the wind.

I had to cancel tomorrows round because of the wind. Rescheduled for Wed. We are getting ready for our member-guest this weekend and are going out to plot our strategy. 1st 9 holes on Sat is scramble, the 2nd 9 holes is shamble. Then on Sunday 18 holes of best ball. Just got my new TM R9 3w today so I have to go out tomorrow on the range and try this baby out. Should be fun in the wind.

Howling out here in Tucson. Low tonight in the 40's with 34 predicted for tomorrow night. They just closed I-10 between here and Phoenix due to blowing dust. Tonight should be a wild ride.

Well, I went out in the wind and cold today and it was BRUTAL! A constant wind of 25-30mph with gusts over 45mph and temps were barely in the 50's. After about 10 holes I didn't even keep score anymore as it was futile. My partner and I were trying to prepare for our member guest tournament this weekend, but really couldn't. So we just hit balls around the course and practiced basically on the course. I think there were only 2 other groups spread around the 27 holes. I usually hit my driver about 250-260yds, today I was lucky if I could get it past 200yds. It was basically a 3-5 club wind on most holes. I would like to say it was fun, but it really wasn't. I will just say it was different. I can't imagine what the pros would do if were like that for 4 days over a tournament. It would be interesting what they would consider par on a day like today?

That's why I stayed home, and played with the Grand Daughters.. Temp was 56*F around noon, and with a 40 MPH wind that gives you a wind chill of some where around < 40*F. One gust came through our neighborhood at 54 MPH. At least that 60-70 MPH stuff they predicted never showed up. I am going tomorrow regardless of the weather. :D
Well, I went out in the wind and cold today and it was BRUTAL! A constant wind of 25-30mph with gusts over 45mph and temps were barely in the 50's. After about 10 holes I didn't even keep score anymore as it was futile. My partner and I were trying to prepare for our member guest tournament this weekend, but really couldn't. So we just hit balls around the course and practiced basically on the course. I think there were only 2 other groups spread around the 27 holes. I usually hit my driver about 250-260yds, today I was lucky if I could get it past 200yds. It was basically a 3-5 club wind on most holes. I would like to say it was fun, but it really wasn't. I will just say it was different. I can't imagine what the pros would do if were like that for 4 days over a tournament. It would be interesting what they would consider par on a day like today?

Last edited:
Today was about 84* and sunny. The best part is because GG and I now live right near the beach we get this constant breeze from the gulf that keeps the place cool while golfing. Something we are definitely not used to, but is a welcome addition.

Especially because we are further South now so it is even warmer than where we used to live. We are experienceing record high's for this time of the year, our high's are in the upper 80s low 90s with way too much humidity for my liking.

Really windy yesterday afternoon and evening. I snuck off for 9 late yesterday afternoon wearing slacks, a long-sleeved polo, and a sweatervest. I walked and it was fine. Temps were mid 50's, but the wind was the story. It was steady around 15-20 and was crossing on most of the holes. Made for some interesting shots.

It's been abnormally chilly this October here but this Saturday the high is supposed to be in the high 70's. That is a great way to end October! Today we are gonna get to 70 I think so I'm gonna try and get out and play 9 this afternoon!

I think its been the first two weekend days of sunshine in YEARS maybe lol. Seems like its been forever! The only thing that confronts me if that football is on now. Still going out though! Soon enough its going to be too cold to golf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back