Do you think titleist would replace?

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I have not had my Vokeys for a very long and a few weeks after I got them the face somehow got a huge dent in it. It is between the grooves. IE

==================================== < - groove
........( )
=====/\============================== < -groove
.........||
.......Dent

I have not hit this club off any rocks or anything like that. I can't say exactly when this happened, but I noticed it one day and it bothers me every time I see it. It almost looks like someone hit it with a very small hammer. I would hate to be without my 56 wedge while I wait for another.

If the CG15s hit as good as they look, I just might not worry about it.

I would contact their CS. While they are not known for their great service like Callaway, Taylormade, and a few others, it is not bad at all. It sounds like a caved in section almost. If a company would not replace this, then I would be shocked. However make sure that you have the info of where it was purchased and when. If it was purchased from a non-authorized seller such as Ebay, that can be tricky sometimes.

Thanks JB. I got it from Golf Etc. in Athens, GA. I should not image that it would be a problem with any reputable company. If they give me a runaround, I can guarantee you that I will be giving the Vokeys away and buying the CG15s.

Are you sure it's not a rock dent in the face?I've never heard of a wedge caving/denting in

Are you sure it's not a rock dent in the face?I've never heard of a wedge caving/denting in

I can't be absolutely sure of course. I guess there could have been a pebble that got trapped between the face and the ball at some point.

I can. I will in a few minutes.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

I think you hit a rock. Probably in a bunker.

Kevin

My SM wedges get beat up from hitting out of thick rough and bunkers that have small rocks in them. You can't see the culprit but it doesnt take much to mess up these soft face wedges.

I am assuming that this would make the club illegal correct? I am going to start keeping a HI after the winter. You will have to forgive the n00bish questions.

My SM wedges get beat up from hitting out of thick rough and bunkers that have small rocks in them. You can't see the culprit but it doesnt take much to mess up these soft face wedges.

YOu should see what a rock like that would do to seriously soft wedges. Vokeys while great wedges are pretty darn hard compared to a lot of what is out there.

YOu should see what a rock like that would do to seriously soft wedges. Vokeys while great wedges are pretty darn hard compared to a lot of what is out there.

Oh I know that is the case. As a whole though most every wedge has a softer face than a traditional iron in a set. My vokeys, which I own 4 of them, have lasted a lot of rounds and through alot of abuse.

I am assuming that this would make the club illegal correct? I am going to start keeping a HI after the winter. You will have to forgive the n00bish questions.
It does look a bit unusual, but I wouldn't worry about it. That is not what I would consider severe damage on a wedge. You got unlucky that's all: It will happen eventually, and it will happen again. You might even consider it a blessing: Now that the club no longer looks beautiful you can stop worrying about its looks, and swing it fearlessly from now on! :thumb:

I would contact their CS. While they are not known for their great service like Callaway, Taylormade, and a few others, it is not bad at all. It sounds like a caved in section almost. If a company would not replace this, then I would be shocked. However make sure that you have the info of where it was purchased and when. If it was purchased from a non-authorized seller such as Ebay, that can be tricky sometimes.

I'm not saying Seth did this, but in general - would a company replace a club if you hit a rock?

I wish you the best of luck, Seth, but I doubt they will do anything for you. They are most likely going to say that you hit a rock with it and that its not the result of poor workmanship.
You can get mad and give away your Vokeys if you want, but Id bet most other companies would have told you the same.

I might be wrong, but I think Seth has been looking for an excuse to buy new Cleveland wedges anyway.

You should see some of my clubs. I'd just chalk it up as a battle scar and leave it at that. The dent is nowhere near the sweetspot, so it won't affect a shot.

Of course, if it's driving you crazy, then I guess you could look into having it replaced (doubt that) or just bite the bullet and buy another wedge.

If it were mine, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but that's me.

-JP

You should see some of my clubs. I'd just chalk it up as a battle scar and leave it at that. The dent is nowhere near the sweetspot, so it won't affect a shot.

Of course, if it's driving you crazy, then I guess you could look into having it replaced (doubt that) or just bite the bullet and buy another wedge.

-JP
Same here. My Mizzie wedges have a few scratches on them but I figure thats to be expected.
If I wanted them to stay looking perfect forever, I would never have used them.
:confused2:

My wedges have some scratches on the face, but nothing near what you are describing. You can try to get Titleist to replace it. You "might" get lucky, and they "might" agree to do so.

I once shut a car door on one of my wedges, snapping the head off. I did not see it protruding out my bag. I called to get a replacement shaft to repair it myself. The R&R guy charged me $10+/- S&H, and sent me a brand new wedge. Miracles do happen, and no I do not use Titleist clubs.

Diane is right about me looking for excuses to get CG15s.
I would understand if they did not want to replace it, but I have dealt with companies with horrid CS. I called them and got some info and they were very nice. I want my wedges to look well used and rusty, but I didn't want that kind of ding.

You are right JPSuff, it is not in the sweet spot and I am just not going to worry with it.

Edit: When I called them, they told to take it to my pro shop and have them sent it in so they can evaluate the club. I think this is definitely fair, but I can't go without my SW. They did not give me any run around and gave me a straight forward answer. So I guess I am excuseless for when the Cleveland wedges come out. Oh well, I suppose wanting them will be excuse enough.

Last edited:
Edit: When I called them, they told to take it to my pro shop and have them sent it in so they can evaluate the club. I think this is definitely fair, but I can't go without my SW. They did not give me any run around and gave me a straight forward answer. So I guess I am excuseless for when the Cleveland wedges come out. Oh well, I suppose wanting them will be excuse enough.

Hey that's more than fair and about the best you could hope for.

If it's any consolation (regarding the purchase of new wedges), in my mind you're not a true golfer unless you have several "extra" wedges, putters, drivers or even entire sets of clubs lying around. So in that regard, go buy the Clevelands and don't sweat the guilt.

I myself have at least six or seven drivers, two additional sets of clubs, about fifteen putters and an assortment of wedges, hybrids and fairway woods in various stages of usefulness spread out between a closet, my garage and my basement.

So my advice?

Go buy some wedges and have some fun and if Titleist decides to replace your Vokey, think of it as gravy and move on.

-JP

Thats very fair of them and honestly more than I would have expected. It would very much suck to be without your SW though.

-JP

This is me too. I expect my wedges to acquire battle scars. They are the workhorse of my bag, and as such they get the worst kind of use. If my wedges don't look like they have been to war, then they are probably fairly new. Dings, scratches and dents are part of the natural life of a wedge, and in fact, of most any short iron.

If the damage is non functional, then show them off with pride. It's a sign that you are a golfer rather than a fluffer.

I bought new Vokeys in May and they already look well used. The 58* has a dent on the toe off the face where I took a mighty swing at a ball buried under the lip of a bunker and hit a rock almost the size of a baseball about 8" under the sand. Bugged me for a hole or two until I stuck one close out of another bunker.

Think of how often you hit your wedges in comparison to other clubs.

Kevin

Back