Do you hang your Shorts & Pants?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Our new home has pretty large closets and GG and I each have our own in the master bedroom. It is pretty organized already, but I am thinking about not having my golf shorts on shelves but rather hanging them. I hate that when I want a pair from the bottom, the pile gets messed up in the closet.

So if you had the space, would you hang up your golf shorts?

I hang all my pants and shorts except for jeans.

I hang my pants, but usually not my shorts.

I hang pants and shorts. I fold them along the pleat, seems to keep them from wrinkling as much.

• Admin
We just bought a ton of the hangers that clip so I dont have to hold them. So I am thinking that shorts can hang too.

I hang pants, capris, and skorts. Not shorts. We have built-in cabinets in the dressing area--sort of like giant armoires. Wide open shelf space behind doors, so it's easy to work with piles.

• Admin
I hang pants, capris, and skorts. Not shorts. We have built-in cabinets in the dressing area--sort of like giant armoires. Wide open shelf space behind doors, so it's easy to work with piles.

We kind of have that too now Claire, but I am still finding it hard to work with piles. Not really armoires, but drawers and shelves built into the closet as well as the bars for hanging. And GG and I each have one, so there is plenty of room, but I am having trouble with organization already. When I finish sometime next week, I will post pictures so you see what I am dealing with here.

Pants and shirts get hung - shorts and t-shirts end up on shelves...

I hang shorts, golf skirts, short skirts and capris on a lower rack. I hang long pants, longer skirts, suits and dresses on another rack. I hang blouses and tops on another rack. Everything is sorted by season and color. I prefer hanging because everything is either ironed or pressed at the cleaners first so they stay wrinkle-free.

All of my jeans, pants, slacks and golf shorts and trousers get hung up. I use wood or heavy plastic hangers for all of my pants, and plastic hangers with the clippies (like in the stores) for my golf shorts.

Athletic shorts and sweat pants sit on a shelf in the closet.

We hang up most everything, shorts and pants included. Well, let's be real here: JACQUI hangs up most everything! I would but she doesn't like me messing with the laundry.

I certainly would hang my shorts if it were possible, however room is not available. I have a wide variety of cloths for work, dress and everyday seperated by activity.

I certainly would hang my shorts if it were possible, however room is not available. I have a wide variety of cloths for work, dress and everyday seperated by activity.

That is my issue now. This new closet is HUGE. About 8 x 8 and full of shelves and drawers. But I am finding out now that between dress shirts (about 30) and golf shirts (too many too count) that hanging everything might be an issue. GG has her own closet that is about the same size.

I think we may have issues with apparel.

I hang all my dress pants on hangers and have the shorts on the store-style clip hangers. Granted, my selection is just 4 pair of shorts right now - I wouldn't really have room for more with the suits, dress shirts, dress pants, camp shirts, and polo shirts taking up all but that little sliver of space on my side of the walk-in.

I wound up buying a double door armoires for myself and may have to get one for Liz. We actually seal our summer everyday cloths in vacume bags and store away in the winter, lol. But that's getting old!

All of my pants get dry cleaned so they come home on hangers and stay that way. I guess I am in the minority here, but all my shorts get folded and put in the drawers. In the winter I will move them out and put them in the top corner of the closet out of the way and move some sweaters into the drawers.

I hang all of my pants and most of my shorts. For my shorts, my wife bought those hangers that hold 4 items. They are great space savers and work great for skorts, also. Did I say Skorts? I'm sorry. I meant to say skorts.:D

Kind of like this:
Amazon.com: 4 TIER SKIRT/SLACK HANGER: Kitchen Dining

Nope. Pants and shorts get folded up and put in the drawer.

All of my pants get dry cleaned so they come home on hangers and stay that way. I guess I am in the minority here, but all my shorts get folded and put in the drawers. In the winter I will move them out and put them in the top corner of the closet out of the way and move some sweaters into the drawers.

Same here.

Im the same except I am able to wear shorts all year long here.

Dress and golf pants are hung. Dress and golf shirts are hung. Shorts and jeans are folded and in the dresser.

IF I had the room, yes Id hang shorts because I hate digging for the ones I want, which causes a fracus in the drawr! What I really hate is the heavier shirts that get those "hanger dents" in the shoulders! Drives me crazy.

IF I had the room, yes Id hang shorts because I hate digging for the ones I want, which causes a fracus in the drawr! What I really hate is the heavier shirts that get those "hanger dents" in the shoulders! Drives me crazy.

We use to call that "Shoulder nipples" when I worked with some designers.

I learned that some hangers work better than others.

We use to call that "Shoulder nipples" when I worked with some designers.

I learned that some hangers work better than others.

LOL thats exactly what they are too. I really think we need HIS Hangers because standard hangers are just too small. The end of the hanger needs to extend farther so you dont get the "Shoulder nipple" phenomenon! Hmm there might be some money there.

Back