Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys help me out, Im finally getting a new putter!!! I really want a Scotty Cameron blade. Either a select series Newport 2 or a Monterrey. I know theres a lot of love on this site for Seemore and I like those also, but I'm most likely going Scotty or maybe Odyssey versa #2. So, would you guys take the plunge and drop almost $400 on a new flatstick?

Only if it was a SeeMore.

For $400 Im buying a SeeMore Z series. Incredible looking putters that play good too

I wish but I can't get past the looks of a whistle shaft

Pondering getting a nice #9 type putter thing about either a Betti BB34, a SC Del Mar, or a Piretti Forza any suggestions?

Assuming you don't take the excellence of a DB4 suggestion, how about an Odyssey black series? That #9 is awesome.

The Piretti Forza is gorgeous. I do miss having that one at times.

The Piretti Forza is gorgeous. I do miss having that one at times.

I wish I could have putt with it, it'd still be in my bag.

Thanks guys, putter showdown this Sat. I'll be back in the putter/golf purchase thread Sun. Wish me luck!

In your guys' opinion what's the best blade putter I can buy for about $200 or less retail?

BLU knows whats up!

In your guys' opinion what's the best blade putter I can buy for about $200 or less retail?

FGP can be found for stupid cheap many days on dallasgolf.com......like $60 cheap in really good condition.

Still this for me:

diamond_zps121c134e.jpg

For under $200?! Did it fall off the back of a truck?!

Hehe

I wish I could find one for a price like that or that fell off the back of a truck. Well, if it fell with the headcover ON of course.

I wish I could find one for a price like that or that fell off the back of a truck. Well, if it fell with the headcover ON of course.

You might find a SeaMore PF m1 for $200. Made in China

HAHAHAHA!!!!With pistol scope technology?
The pistol scope is only available for guys that putt one handed.

I know that it may have been discussed on here before, but how hard would it be to take an older Taylormade tip off of a shaft in order to put a new one on there? I'm trying to look for a new shaft for my RBZ Stage 2 fairway wood, seeing a ton of pulls on the Bay with R9/R11 TM tips on them.

I know that it may have been discussed on here before, but how hard would it be to take an older Taylormade tip off of a shaft in order to put a new one on there? I'm trying to look for a new shaft for my RBZ Stage 2 fairway wood, seeing a ton of pulls on the Bay with R9/R11 TM tips on them.

For a club guy at a shop, easy peasy. If you don't have a puller and want to do it yourself, pretty hard dude. Graphite has to be pulled straight out, no twisting at all or the shaft will fray and be ruined.

If you want milled putter for a good price, the never compromise putters can typically be had well under your asking price.

For a club guy at a shop, easy peasy. If you don't have a puller and want to do it yourself, pretty hard dude. Graphite has to be pulled straight out, no twisting at all or the shaft will fray and be ruined.

I don't do club work on my own, so the second option is out of the question. I know I can get the Stage 2 tips from Golfworks/Golfsmith, so that's not the hard part. I want to put a Kai'li 70 in that club, have the stock shaft in there right now, the dispersion is not where I'd like it to be. Thinking about just getting a driver pull off of eBay so that even if the tip is a little damaged from pulling the old adapter off, I can just cut the tip by 1/2 inch or 1 inch and then butt-trim the rest to get the club to play at 43 inches total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back