Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's over, cerakote is kinda expensive and looks had to do. (though I do have access to necessary equipment)

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Still want to purchase my first firearm. Really liking the S&W Shield or XDs.

Still want to purchase my first firearm. Really liking the S&W Shield or XDs.

Both will do very well by you, same size, and both have very good triggers and very accurate for size.

Major differences are sights, safety and price

I'm a gun nut myself. My dad is an Ex-deputy from the air wing in detroit michigan so Ive been around guns my whole life. I have my CPL and carry regularly. I've had a wide range of guns over the past several years from Kimber pro carry to Glocks, From Browning Hi powers to XD9. My current collection is:

Savage .25-06 with Nikon 2-10x50 Monarch
Remington 870 12 guage
Mossberg Plinkster
Walther PPS .40
Walther PPQ .40

I shoot quite regularly. Us guys get together a lot to shoot those exploding targets which are a riot. I discovered Walther based on a recommendation a few years back and completely switched to them. Super high quality firearms with some very nice features. PPS is a GREAT carry gun.

Both will do very well by you, same size, and both have very good triggers and very accurate for size.

Major differences are sights, safety and price

Well, I thought the Shield might be significantly cheaper than the XDs, but it's $449 where I've seen it. I think the XDs is under $600 isn't it? I guess $150 difference is substantial.

How about that timing?!?!? Hickock45 is the man. I haven't seen this one. Thanks for the link!

Just got my first gun. Went with the Shield. Shoots well and smooth. Only complaint would be the grip, a little slick

Well, I thought the Shield might be significantly cheaper than the XDs, but it's $449 where I've seen it. I think the XDs is under $600 isn't it? I guess $150 difference is substantial.

How about that timing?!?!? Hickock45 is the man. I haven't seen this one. Thanks for the link!

If you have seen a 9mm Shield you are doing better than most. They are impossible to find here.

Yeah, Hickock is the man

If you have seen a 9mm Shield you are doing better than most. They are impossible to find here.

Yeah, Hickock is the man

Yeah the 2 fin feather and fur near me had a good quantity of them. Guy at counter said they get them quicker than most stores

I have an original Springfield XD .45 GAP model I have no future use for. Any ideas on a stress free option to sell it and it's value?

The one day they have 100 round boxes of .223, for $34 but Walmart doesn't sell after 10 pm, ahhhh

ugu5ary3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Guns....

Oh that SUCKS.

Yeah haha, I wanted to go down in the desert and blow off a few rounds, they had 6 whole boxes of 100 each. Those all will be gone by 6:00
AM lol

Is that a state law or just a Walmart rule?

after 10? thats a weird rule

Yeah it must be a nm thing they don't sell ammo , guns or spray paint from 10pm to 6am

Yeah it must be a nm thing they don't sell ammo , guns or spray paint from 10pm to 6am

they used to do that for alcohol or something like that lol

Only one gun in the house for now, and FN Herstal FNX-9. Does so much so well I'm not sure I'll own another pistol...and now that my wife isn't looking over my shoulder anymore, planning to add a 1911 or a Mossberg 500 for Christmas.

Honestly, though, the FNX is a really, really versatile pistol. Hammer-fired, can be carried double-action with or w/out safety, or single action with safety (I wouldn't recommend single w/o safety), has a great trigger, great ergonomics (with a very, very low bore axis), comes with three 17 round mags. I love it.

Ammo is tough to find, though. Have my self-defense rounds, it's the plinking ammo that's a nightmare to get hold of.

Just picked up a Kimber crimson pro carry 2 that is SWEET. My first Kimber, and I ordered a new Wilson Combat flat-wire recoil spring kit after reading hit and miss reviews of the stock guide-rod and spring. Oh, and some new Wilson Combat mags. :)

Took it to the range last week for the first time, and LOVE it. I'm not enamored with the laser grips like I thought I would be, but other than that, it's perfect.

Just picked up a Kimber crimson pro carry 2 that is SWEET. My first Kimber, and I ordered a new Wilson Combat flat-wire recoil spring kit after reading hit and miss reviews of the stock guide-rod and spring. Oh, and some new Wilson Combat mags. :)

Took it to the range last week for the first time, and LOVE it. I'm not enamored with the laser grips like I thought I would be, but other than that, it's perfect.

Pics or it didn't happen! Haha just kidding, I love kimber 1911s

Unfortunately, the firearms industry changes in Colorado after this weekend... The ridiculous new laws, like this one, are taking affect on Monday.

"Magazines that are capable of accepting more than 15 rounds or are readily convertible to accept more than 15 rounds cannot be sold, or transferred within state limits."

Unfortunately, the firearms industry changes in Colorado after this weekend... The ridiculous new laws, like this one, are taking affect on Monday.

"Magazines that are capable of accepting more than 15 rounds or are readily convertible to accept more than 15 rounds cannot be sold, or transferred within state limits."

what are they making you do with your existing ones?

what are they making you do with your existing ones?

They can be kept but can no longer be sold or obtained legally anymore. Basically all magazines with a removable base plate, which is by far the majority of magazines, are essentially illegal after Monday.

They can be kept but can no longer be sold or obtained legally anymore. Basically all magazines with a removable base plate, which is by far the majority of magazines, are essentially illegal after Monday.
did you get in on that magpul airlift or whatever they called it?
how on earth are politicians passing laws like that? i thought colorado was a gun friendly state
they even recalled a couple of politicians that were gun grabbers didnt they?
how can they repeal those laws? i know a bunch of gun companies in colorado were/are trying... magpul being one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back