The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
beer is beer dude. You shoud know this.

If this was you, you would have 8 handles of Rum

If it were up to me, there would be 16+ bottles of sweet tea bourbon and gallons of lemonade. Beer was decided by the group.

really wanting to play some golf today. Being gone all last week is all that is holding me back. Plus being gone all next week..haha

Where there's a will there's a way!

Abacoa on Thursday, then playing all 5 of the PGA National courses (Champion, Squire, Estates, Fazio, Palmer) Fri-Sun

Nice dude. I love the Palmer course. Squire is pretty tough!

haha, sounds pretty productive!

You throw a ping pong ball at the opponents can, if you hit it, you drink until opponent puts the ball back in a cup on the table. First one done with their beer wins. If you knock the beer of the table, you win.

I feel like bourbon pong would end in disaster.
Probably, but man that drink is delicious! Especially when it's hot outside.

Nice dude. I love the Palmer course. Squire is pretty tough!
Heard nothing but good things about Palmer and Squire. Really looking forward to a shot at the Bear Trap. I love playing courses I can then watch the pros play on TV, really adds to the experience when you see shots/putts that you have hit before.

Yea, the Champion is a good one too for sure. I think my favorite out of all of them is the Palmer. I'm a Palmer fanboy.

Yea, the Champion is a good one too for sure. I think my favorite out of all of them is the Palmer. I'm a Palmer fanboy.

There's nothing wrong with that Hawk!! I love Palmer courses and am fully biased.

There's nothing wrong with that Hawk!! I love Palmer courses and am fully biased.

He makes a damn fine course. Nicklaus on the other hand - I am not as big a fan.

He makes a damn fine course. Nicklaus on the other hand - I am not as big a fan.

I feel like most Arnie courses are tee ball friendly unless you get greedy, but you absolutely can't miss on approach. I love that design in the few that I've played of his.

I feel like most Arnie courses are tee ball friendly unless you get greedy, but you absolutely can't miss on approach. I love that design in the few that I've played of his.

Yes sir. Tee ball friendly and some options for different types of players.

Yea I've enjoyed all of the Palmer courses I have played (prob bc they are tee shot friendly). Had a good time at Reunion, Orange Lake, and Bay Hill. I think those are the only three.

Where there's a will there's a way!
I agree with that. Still thinking about it. But sometimes a business decision must be made. haha

Love Jack's designs a lot. Gotta play a heavy ball on his tracks. Doak also designs some great tracks but Donnie Ross is my favorite

Love Jack's designs a lot. Gotta play a heavy ball on his tracks. Doak also designs some great tracks but Donnie Ross is my favorite

short, tight, small greens. Ugh!

You throw a ping pong ball at the opponents can, if you hit it, you drink until opponent puts the ball back in a cup on the table. First one done with their beer wins. If you knock the beer of the table, you win.

We usually just play "drink the beer."

And Nicklaus courses usually generate my worst scores. The Nicklaus course at the outing had me defeated by the third hold. So many times I was standing in the middle of the fairway with a short iron in my hand and I knew I wasn't going to be on the green.

And Nicklaus courses usually generate my worst scores. The Nicklaus course at the outing had me defeated by the third hold. So many times I was standing in the middle of the fairway with a short iron in my hand and I knew I wasn't going to be on the green.

They just opened one here and it's not easy. Not long by any means, but just sort of a ba$tard of a course.

This is why I like Palmer! Exact opposite!
thats very true, I think Palmer makes you think about where to put your next shot. well placed bunkers.

thats very true, I think Palmer makes you think about where to put your next shot. well placed bunkers.

That's what I like in a course. Not "don't hit it into the trees" on every hole :D

They just opened one here and it's not easy. Not long by any means, but just sort of a ba$tard of a course.

His courses drive me nuts. First, tons of hidden dangers that trip you up the first time you play the course.

Second, the focus is so much on being a second shot course that the greens become nearly impossible. If the pin is anywhere remotely in a difficult spot, you are screwed.

That's what I like in a course. Not "don't hit it into the trees" on every hole :D
I still do that...with a 5 iron in my hand or a driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back