Adams Speedline Super LS Driver - THP In Depth Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan H has an in depth look at one of the latest from Adams Golf in this review.

http://bit.ly/ZcP5Bt

Wow, I really like the idea of a low spin head with added forgiveness. It seems the low spin heads are usually "tour" drivers that are a little penal on off center hits.

Nice review Hawk! I need to go hit this thing.

Another solid review Hawk! I am really digging the sounds of the face design and sweet spot elongated across - as a horizontal misser off the tee, finding that forgiveness is crucial for me.

I have never swung the Kuro Kage but from your feedback, I am thinking it could be a good fit. Had absolutely no idea that this could be extended 1/2". I think that is a very cool idea and something that I would expect TM to also adopt pretty soon.

Adams has another solid driver offering that I must make time for in May!

Really solid review Hawk. Think Adams drivers sometimes get over looked, but another great example as to why they shouldn't be.

Thanks folks. This is one that I wanted to love. In the end, it probably wasn't the best fit for me, but I do have the desire to try it out at 10.5° or even adjusted to 11.5°.

I do think the Fast Fit is cool, but I don't know that I've ever seen somebody inquire about making a driver longer. I wonder how often that part of it gets used.

Excellent review Hawk. I love the sounds of this driver but man they are jus taking this adjustability a few steps too far in my opinion. Adjustable length now too? I don't know, it just seems too much in my opinion. I have just seen WAY too many people with adjustable drivers never touch the stuff once they are fit to a setting.

Great looking stick though for sure, I cannot wait to hit it! Thanks for the review!

I think it's a good point, Jake. I see things like the R1 as pretty useful, but not so much when it comes to length adjustment. I just don't know if I understand the reasoning behind it. Maybe if they could find a way to make it shorter, because I've had a few clubs cut down.

I think it's a good point, Jake. I see things like the R1 as pretty useful, but not so much when it comes to length adjustment. I just don't know if I understand the reasoning behind it. Maybe if they could find a way to make it shorter, because I've had a few clubs cut down.
Yeah I agree, the ability to easily make the club shorter would probably be better (in my opinion). Nothing feels better than a driver at 44.5 or so, you just immediately feel like you have so much control before you even swing!

I will say that at 45 inches, this one gave me a much better feeling at address than the Super S. It showed in the results too.

I got a chance to hit this thing today and was impressed. Not a huge fan of the white or the slightly pear shaped head, but the results were certainly there. I was also hitting the Cleveland XL and was surprised at how low spin the Adams was in comparison. I'm talking 1,000 RPMs difference. For someone that is having a hard time with too much spin I would strongly suggest this driver, I was surprised. Probably too low of spin for me.

I picked up one of these last Monday, I played the R11S most of last year and even got the phenom TP shaft to combat my high spin rate(around 4000rpm) you combine the spin and high launch angle and all I'm left with is nothing but carry, the TP shaft helped a little but left some to be desired. With the LS though I saw my spin and launch go down dramatically, went from average 18* launch to about 14*, and from around 4000rpm to about 2800rpm. Right after I bought it I played at a course I know well, there are a couple of par 4s that give me trouble because my ball seems to die right before I can clear these high bunkers that sit almost in the middle of the fairway at about 225 yards to carry past, with this driver I cleared both of these bunkers, one on each hole and about same distance to carry, and with the roll I was sitting at about 250, temperature at time of play was 37*, that's what has me excited about the season.

I'm picking one of these up after hitting it at the range. It had GREAT launch numbers for me with the Kuro Kage X-flex. I will cut it to 44.5 as soon as I get it. I may be selling my X Hot Pro and Razr Fit Xtreme soon.

Update on this driver - after struggling with finding a driver this year that I really like, I've found it in the Super LS with the Kuro Kage x flex. From the very first swing it was straight with a perfect high, flat, low spin flight. This is the smoothest and best matched shaft for my swing that I've ever had. Tis driver is Longer by 5-8 yards than anything else in my arsenal, which includes 15 or so 2010 or newer drivers. I haven't had to adjust anything yet, but I like the fact that I can adjust loft, lie, and lent if it needs tweaking. I'm excited that I finally feel comfortable pulling the driver out of my bag now.

Glad it's working out for you tahoe. I wanted badly for this driver to fit me better than it did. It had so many things I loved (except the sound), but in the end I just couldn't keep it airborne long enough. Would be pretty good for this time of year though.

Glad it's working out for you tahoe. I wanted badly for this driver to fit me better than it did. It had so many things I loved (except the sound), but in the end I just couldn't keep it airborne long enough. Would be pretty good for this time of year though.

I know that many won't try this club because it is an Adams and not a TM, Callaway, or Titleist; but for me this is a much better driver than my new Callaway X Hot Pro, Razr Fit Xtreme, or Bridgestone J40. It's very similar to the Taylormade R1, but IMO a better looking head and for me a lower spinning, longer ball flight. The ball flight is surprisingly high(I'm a high ball hitter), even in the 8.5* setting, but the ball runs after landing.

Very nice. I think the head shape is just perfect and the black accents make it look like it means business. Now you have me wanting to go hit it again. I love the smoothness of the KK shaft.

I have a fitting scheduled for Thursday and when talking to the guy about my swing today he was really talking a lot about this club. I figured it was because he is a premier Adams shop but reading this review and the thoughts here have made me very anxious to hit it. I hit my current driver long but I'm looking for a little more consistency. Being a lefty my escape skills are excellent, but I'd like to show them off less than I do now. I'm hoping the lower spin and forgiveness of this club (and shaft or other shaft options I try help this). I'll also be trying some Taylormade, Callaway, and Ping but find myself looking very forward to this Adams now!

Back