Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Sunflower seed spits on the green. Drives me crazy clearing them out of my line.

10,000 % agree ! and the jerk headed smokers that drop their butts on the ground !

I've played with a guy who leaves $$$ in the hole everytime he gets a birdie.

Here in Southern California... Old Korean ladies golfing. I'm not trying to sound racist because I'm Korean as well but they drive me CRAZY!

There is a huge Korean membership that just joined our club over the past year. The ladies are a joy to have on the course and they play extremely fast, no matter what their age. Even the old ladies simply play fast. The 40-50 year old Korean men are the problem at our course. They'll show up 15 deep and are always waiting on the 1st tee 30 minutes before the first walkers can go out on the weekends. They all play from the tips at 7001 yards, but the majority can't hit the ball over 200 yards and can't hit it straight at all. They back all the other walkers up because they're super slow and there's so many that go off at the same time. And they will never let anyone play through them.

We started teeing off 30 minutes before the allowed walking time to get in front of them until we were scolded by the golf pro because the Korean group saw us going off early and starting doing it.....

Ok. Well who are the guys singing four and spraying the ball all over the place? Please explain.

The group in front of me. Ends up they were all men's club members playing a "competitive" round. Honest to god it was at least three of the four in the bush off every tee.
We accidentally hit into them on two. They were all so deep in the bush we couldn't even see their carts.

There is a huge Korean membership that just joined our club over the past year. The ladies are a joy to have on the course and they play extremely fast, no matter what their age. Even the old ladies simply play fast. The 40-50 year old Korean men are the problem at our course. They'll show up 15 deep and are always waiting on the 1st tee 30 minutes before the first walkers can go out on the weekends. They all play from the tips at 7001 yards, but the majority can't hit the ball over 200 yards and can't hit it straight at all. They back all the other walkers up because they're super slow and there's so many that go off at the same time. And they will never let anyone play through them.

We started teeing off 30 minutes before the allowed walking time to get in front of them until we were scolded by the golf pro because the Korean group saw us going off early and starting doing it.....

On Long Island it is really bad as well. It seems I am always stuck behind them. I have played plenty of rounds with asians that play fast and are fun to be around with but I have played many more where they slow down everything and show absolutely no etiquette.

2) Random people who critique your swing. On the second hole this turd was telling me that I am over-swinging....I shot 77. He didn't break 100.

I haven't had anyone say something to me on the course lately but at the range. Two weeks ago I was at the range and I had one mishit out of the bucket (before my now slump) and this guy waits until then to make a comment by my swing. Annoyed the crap out of me and its always from someone who cant hit their own clubs.

I haven't had anyone say something to me on the course lately but at the range. Two weeks ago I was at the range and I had one mishit out of the bucket (before my now slump) and this guy waits until then to make a comment by my swing. Annoyed the crap out of me and its always from someone who cant hit their own clubs.

I hate that.

Garbage! People who can't get their beer cans in the recycling bin! Especially when there is a garbage bin and a recycle bin on every tee.

"Settle", "Sit", "Get Legs", "Slow Down". And the like.

Trash, divots, members driving carts around the green, groups larger than foursomes, slow play, not leaving the green or green side timely, and talking in my back swing!

Tappin my iPhone5

Garbage! People who can't get their beer cans in the recycling bin! Especially when there is a garbage bin and a recycle bin on every tee.

That's a bad one too. I was in the treeline yesterday between 1 and 18 and there was a tall boy beer can that you could tell was placed beside a tree, straight up and down. Someone put it there purposely. I can understand the stray candy wrapper on a windy day that gets away from someone in a cart, but leaving stuff on purpose ticks me off.

Having to wait for people in my group, slow players ahead of us is one thing, but if the problem is in my group I will get on their case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

In league tonight had a guy step in right behind me as I was addressing a putt to see how it broke... Before I struck the putt. I stepped off and asked him not to walk into my eye line until I already struck the putt. He said I couldn't tell him where to stand. I replied, "it is a matter of etiquette, and I also don't think you can do it per the rules. If you need it that bad go for it". I drained the putt, he 3 putted from 5 feet closer. Really irritated me.

In league tonight had a guy step in right behind me as I was addressing a putt to see how it broke... Before I struck the putt. I stepped off and asked him not to walk into my eye line until I already struck the putt. He said I couldn't tell him where to stand. I replied, "it is a matter of etiquette, and I also don't think you can do it per the rules. If you need it that bad go for it". I drained the putt, he 3 putted from 5 feet closer. Really irritated me.

There isn't a rule about that. It's just proper etiquette.

You can't ask a competitor what club they hit or how a putt will break but you can certainly watch the putt if you want. Phil Mickelson does this all the time.

You can't ask a competitor what club they hit or how a putt will break but you can certainly watch the putt if you want. Phil Mickelson does this all the time.

I pulled out my rule book and while it is not a rule it is in the etiquette section as you said, my bad. I have no problem with the walk in line reading. It's standing behind me while I line up the putt and fidgeting in my peripheral. Pros don't blatantly stand behind, they walk in after the putt is struck.

Just to elaborate a bit more, there is a rule for your partner or caddie. They're not allowed to do it. However, your opponent or fellow-competitor is allowed. Pros typically don't do it to each other as a matter of etiquette, but they can.

Seriously? That would have ticked me off a bit too (although I've never been 1 over through 7, I'm a 15 and 3 over through 7 is a spectastical round to me hahaha).

I rarely every get irritated with others on the course but in the last two days I've gotten a bit mad. Day before yesterday I was teed up on 1 when some guys were also teed up on 9 which is the adjacent fairway coming back towards the club house. I teed up, swung for the fences and put just a bit too much draw on the ball (my new enemy, better than too much slice I guess) and ended up in the rough between 1 and 9. As I'm driving up to my ball I see the guys from 9 drive over beside it. He leans over, picks it up, drives about 5 yards (closer to my tee box too the jerk) and then tosses it out when he realizes it's not his ball. That kinda made blood shoot out of my eyes but I kept my mouth shut and just stared at him shaking my head.

Yesterday I decided to go play a course I've never been on just to try something new. The pictures on the website were great etc and I found a good deal on golf18 so I bought an early morning round and rolled out. The conditions were so far beyond ridiculous I can't even describe it. I lost EIGHT balls by the 14th hole, two of which might have been lost on a normal course, the other 6 were lost due to the 1st cut being 8-10 inches high. I actually lost 1 in the "fairway". The greens were longer than I keep my yard and most likely stimping in the -2 range, you had to take a full swing with the putter to move the ball 10 feet. The only good thing about it would be I stuck every green I hit because the ball simply couldn't roll.

To sum it up, here's a "fairway".

E442D143-2B2B-4A57-9F21-2B34D64D3F4A-13189-000005C1062DC98E_zps2aaf4468.jpg

And here's a green.

30358514-652B-48E4-83BA-6D1593F78A0C-13189-000005C11129068A_zpsdca904ae.jpg

The last straw was the group behind me, one of the guys couldn't hit off the tee to save his life and every time he missed he scream God @$!%!@# it Rodney what the !$$%#@$! and on and on and on. You could hear him for 2-3 holes in either direction I'm sure.

i think thats the absolute worst conditions i have ever seen ... good lord

2) Random people who critique your swing. On the second hole this turd was telling me that I am over-swinging....I shot 77. He didn't break 100.

oh this. at the local range on the weekends, this old retired guy brings in his chair so he can hit a few shots then sit for a bit (rinse, repeat). The downside, if you are within earshot he'll bark out swing fixes; and if you ignore him; you'll get some remark how you're a pro can't be bothered by his advice.

oh this. at the local range on the weekends, this old retired guy brings in his chair so he can hit a few shots then sit for a bit (rinse, repeat). The downside, if you are within earshot he'll bark out swing fixes; and if you ignore him; you'll get some remark how you're a pro can't be bothered by his advice.

Tell him that your not a pro and would welcome any advice from a pro. Ask him if he has his card... Then politely say that you'll stick to your own routine.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

What does irritate me is the on board GPS that kills the cart if you go more than a few feet into the rough!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else have an issue with the slobs on the course who drive their carts right up to the greens, grab a putter, beer and cigarette? We had guys playing behind us yesterday who thought that they were the only ones on the course driving around while guys were teeing off and putting. I understand it's a public course but for god sakes please have some idea of what is happening. They were in the group that I classify as "my wife lets me out one night a week and I like to drink beers and hack around a golf course"

Have a new one. Guys that spit sunflower seed shells out on the green. Can't you wait & spit them out off the green?

Lightening, double bogeys, 3 putts, a dried out glove, slow golf carts, ugly beer cart girls, tree's in my way, sand, fast players who think I'm slow, long bombers and OB!

1. finding an empty beer can on the fairway
2. cell phones
3. not replacing divots
4. not fixing ball marks (I love fixing mine)
5. finding cigarette butts on the green
6. slow players not offering for you to play through

Back