Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

I have got to get my hands on some of these to try. I hate buying blind, but I may end up having to. The 4, 5 and 6 are of particular interest to me.

In Oshkosh for a few days, hoping I can find some of these hyrons to try out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have got to get my hands on some of these to try. I hate buying blind, but I may end up having to. The 4, 5 and 6 are of particular interest to me.

I'm thinking the 4 iron would be cannon for those days when the driver goes south.

Installed the MCI shaft into the 4 Alt tonight. I'm excited about this.

Installed the MCI shaft into the 4 Alt tonight. I'm excited about this.

I'M excited that YOU'RE excited about this!

Yea buddy! It seems to balance out nicely. Looks incredible of course. I've got some lead in case the swing weight isn't quite right, but doesn't seem like it'll be an issue so far. You'd be proud. I had no ferrules, so I boiled a little water and recycled one from an iron shaft :D

Yea buddy! It seems to balance out nicely. Looks incredible of course. I've got some lead in case the swing weight isn't quite right, but doesn't seem like it'll be an issue so far. You'd be proud. I had no ferrules, so I boiled a little water and recycled one from an iron shaft :D

YES! I freaking love it dude!

These guys showed up today:

qa8a7e6y.jpg

Oh snap! Those should be fun!!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I got out for the first time with my Altitudes and I killed birds in the air and on the course. I still can't get over how high and long these clubs play. Man, I'm pumped to swing 'em again. If you're on the fence about these irons, don't be!!!

They are easy clubs to swing.

I have the 3 & 4 altitude in my bag.... Nice launch.I did however have the TT gs 85 shaft installed... The stocks are just too light
I have same shafts in my mp fli hi's also

It is a solid 20g difference, I was just MUCHO impressed with how well the graphite stood up to my agressive move, its a hell of a stock shaft. That said, I just prefer the feel of steel in the end, I like the weight and I'm lucky enough to have finally found a steel shaft with that 110g range weight that launches the ball up there like I like. Good stuff.

That said, I got to swing a 7i with the Traction 85's in it the other day and was pleasantly surprised, these really are just fun golf clubs. Loving all the 3/4 love, but if people would try the 7/8's, they would be hooked.

Loving all the 3/4 love, but if people would try the 7/8's, they would be hooked.

It was painfully obvious my friend.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Loving all the 3/4 love, but if people would try the 7/8's, they would be hooked.

I think the 7, 8, 9, PW are my favorite clubs in this set to hit!

Oh ya, and the DW!!!!!!!!!

It was painfully obvious my friend.

Your face on that par 3 was the greatest ever. It was one of "That is stupid, keep this away from me". HA!

I think the 7, 8, 9, PW are my favorite clubs in this set to hit!

Oh ya, and the DW!!!!!!!!!

My how far you've come. From cheater sticks to infatuation. Been there, done that!

I'm putting the Niblick back in the bag this next week I think. At 49* it should fit nicely in between the 44* PW and 54* SW I'm carrying. Plus, I know for a fact that I can carry it to that 135 gap I need on full swings.

Your face on that par 3 was the greatest ever. It was one of "That is stupid, keep this away from me". HA!

Oh if only cleveland had demo days or any demo clubs near me... What am I saying, I do not need to buy any new irons

My how far you've come. From cheater sticks to infatuation. Been there, done that!

I'm putting the Niblick back in the bag this next week I think. At 49* it should fit nicely in between the 44* PW and 54* SW I'm carrying. Plus, I know for a fact that I can carry it to that 135 gap I need on full swings.

Not cheater sticks, ladies clubs, and they go great with my pink ladies balls!

Oh if only cleveland had demo days or any demo clubs near me... What am I saying, I do not need to buy any new irons

Just hit them in RH, they are so easy to hit you would probably hit them further and straighter than your LH!!

Ha...couldn't get it back to you soon enough...cra easy!

Just get the DW. You know you want one!!!

Would you expect similar results from the niblick? If so it seems a no brainer to me

I would, hell I've gamed the 49 Nibs off and on for 3 years now. Its just a fun club. No real reason to change out the 48 RTX CB other than for fun, which I love to do.

I would, hell I've gamed the 49 Nibs off and on for 3 years now. Its just a fun club. No real reason to change out the 48 RTX CB other than for fun, which I love to do.

Wait you like to tinker?

Back