Forum Testing Signup - Callaway FT OptiForce Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

The Club
A few weeks back Callaway released this driver and THP brought it out to a few THP Invitational Events. Tour acceptance was quick and feedback at each stop was really positive.

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
5 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with War Eagle.
RH only for this testing
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the driver out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the putter thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What driver are you currently playing?
2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver?
3. What is your driver swing speed?
4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
Smithfaced
Fairband
Kobey
DCBrad
Manlai
War Eagle

Last edited:
Good luck to all. Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of those selected! Thanks THP for another awesome opportunity!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra AMP
2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? Stiff 59g
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105-110
4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? Yes, and I am in LOVE with the 440.

Thanks THP and Callaway for this Opportunity! Callaway has been bringing it in 2013 and it's Amazing!

Good luck everyone. I saw some THPers bombing this driver

I hate being lefty!!! Regardless, this is just another tremendous opportunity for THP members provided by THP and Callaway. Callaway is such a tremendous supporter of this site and has been for a long time. Thank you.

Awesome!
Since I'm going to Mission Hills, I will definitely let someone else in on this one, and I bet it's going to be a great one!

Part of me is not surprised to see this pop up as a testing opportunity, but once again, big thanks to both THP and Callaway for the chance to give this a try

This spot is currently empty in my bag - I have hit various drivers to try to find something that gives me the same kind of accuracy as my RBZ 3W, but with a bit of additional distance to allow me to attack long par 5's in two or to give me a shorter iron into the par 4's

See answer above
Based on the results of hitting other drivers, I suspect a stiff flex will be the shaft of choice

Last measured at 113mph

No, but I am hoping to be able to hit this sometime over the next few weeks alongside the previous drivers I have tried to narrow down my search

Good luck to each and every one you that enters!

Another great opportunity from :thp: and :callaway: to give a top 2013 driver a good test run.

Also looking forward to hearing the feedback on this driver especially against the likes of the Razr Fit Xtreme.

Bridgestone J40 445 9.5*

Shaft flex is Stiff and the weight is 63g

Driver swing speed averages 95-100 mph

I have, I was able to swing Hashtag Chad's Optiforce in Myrtle Beach. It did nothing but go straight for me. I would like to see what it could do over a prolonged period of time.

Good luck to each and every one you that enters!

Another great opportunity from :thp: and :callaway: to give a top 2013 driver a good test run.

Also looking forward to hearing the feedback on this driver especially against the likes of the Razr Fit Xtreme.

If, and it is a big if, I happen to be lucky enough to be picked, you can give it a try at our UK event at the end of September

Good luck to everyone applying! Thanks to Callaway and THP for the awesome opportunity.

Great opportunity from Callaway yet again. I haven't been very active lately here so I won't be throwing my name in. Good luck to the testers I'm looking forward to the reviews.

Cobra S3

Stiff 45g

No, but I'm in the market for a new driver and am definitely going for a Callaway!

Thanks for this great opportunity!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Razr Fit
2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? RIP'D NV by Aldila Regular flex shaft, 60 grams
3. What is your driver swing speed? 87 mph
4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? No but would love to try it out and give my opinion from playing it

Thanks THP and Callaway!

Last edited:
Wow AWESOME!

Thanks :callaway: for sponsoring another awesome testing opportunity here on THP! I know this driver has had some incredible feedback, and I look forward to my RH brothers getting to test this puppy out!

If, and it is a big if, I happen to be lucky enough to be picked, you can give it a try at our UK event at the end of September

Would love to give it a go, but to be totally honest it would take something pretty damn special to pry the RFX out of my hands at the moment. I can't remember the last time I found a head/shaft combination that suited me as well as the RFX does.

Best of luck buddy and looking forward to seeing you again next month :)

Wow! What an amazing opportunity! Callaway just keeps on #BriningIt !!

Currently gaming the RBZ Tour.

Stiff shaft at 45g and D4 swing weight.

Between 105-110

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to swing one yet!

Thank you THP and Callaway for an amazing opportunity!

I really like the looks and feel of this one. I'll be following this thread closely, but am going to let others get in on this opportunity since I'll be testing another club next month. I've already seen this out at the course with a few guys and it's now almost out of stock at a couple of the stores around here. All signs point to a pretty awesome club.

Thanks you Callaway for nice again giving us an awesome opportunity and thank you to THP for always stepping up for its members.

1. What driver are you currently playing? I am gaming a 10.5* Callaway Xhot Pro
2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? Stiff flex with a 60 gram weighting.
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105
4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? Yes I have I am a big fan of the driver. The look, feel and production I saw out of it were great.

I look forward to having a shot at testing one of these. It would be a great pleasure.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Adams Fast 12
2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? Regular, 55 gram
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95 mph
4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? No

What an awesome opportunity! Thank you Callaway and THP for such a cool testing!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme

2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? X-stiff and ~60g

3. What is your driver swing speed? ~110

4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? I have had the pleasure of taking some swings with it and I have been very impressed. Lightweight but packs a very heavy punch.

1. What driver are you currently playing? 2012 Cobra Amp 11.5*

2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? Regular flex @ 50g

3. What is your driver swing speed? 84-88 MPH

4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? Not yet but would love the opportunity to.

I would love the chance to be a tester for THP! However if not chosen all the best to those that are and enjoy.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland SL290
2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? Stiff 65G
3. What is your driver swing speed? Around 95
4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? Yes - hit it last week when I was looking at new drivers. Would love to try it out some more.

First of all, thank you to Callaway Golf for offering another great opportunity to test their newest equipment offering. Thanks also to THP for continuing to make these opportunities available to the forum members.

I'm currently playing either the Callaway X Hot Driver in a 10.5 degree loft or the TaylorMade R1 depending on which is behaving better.

The X Hot Driver has the stock Project X Velocity - Stiff Flex, 58 Grams, while the R1 Driver is normally played with a Miyazaki Kusala Blue - Stiff Flex, 59 Grams.

My driver swing speed is 93-95 MPH.

I have seen the OptiForce in the stores, but I have not yet been able to give it any swings.

Thank you to Callaway Golf and THP for the testing opportunity. Luckily my golfing schedule has opened up for the remainder of the summer so I should have plenty of opportunities to get this out on the course.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titleist 983E, 8.5º

2. What is the shaft flex and weight in your current driver? Stiff flex, 66-67g I think (it is a GD YS-6 shaft)

3. What is your driver swing speed? 113 according to the Bridgestone ball fitting last year

4. Have you tried out the OptiForce yet? I have not. Our big local demo day was rained out this year and if they rescheduled it, I wasn't aware of it.

Again, thanks for the opportunity!

Back