Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I love my XHot Pro driver. It's always funny to watch people be impressed with my drives, when I've swung so easy. It's got such a great feel and sound. Oh, and it's beautiful.

What did you see as the difference between the X hot and the X hot pro?

What did you see as the difference between the X hot and the X hot pro?

I just couldn't get comfortable with the XHot. As a higher handicapper, one would think the XHot would be the perfect driver for me. But, I just never hit it well. The XHot Pro though was immediate love. I think just the smaller head fit my eye.

So I just played another round with this yesterday, and had some interesting revelations. In the past, my old drivers needed a little extra oomph to get going. I always felt the need to keep some extra clubhead speed when trying to poke it out a bit further.

Not so with this. I almost feel like the easier I swing, the further it goes. I was sitting on a par 4 yesterday that was 337. I figured I'd go for it but try the more tempered swing, and blasted it ten feet short of the pin. Whether it's the shaft or the head, I'm not sure, but the guys I was playing with know my swing and all were convinced that was the easiest swing I'd put into a drive for it to go that far.

I put in my marriage license papers when I got back last night...........

As much as I want to like my X Hot Pro - it's not a keeper. I love, love, my X Hot 3Deep 3 wood but am selling my XHP driver to a co-worker. Might be the shaft but I have 6 drivers that are straighter and just as long. I'm am anxious for my Adams Super LS w/ Kura Kage X-flex that I ordered to show up. UPS should be delivering it tomorrow. :act-up:

After doing se work on my swing the past week this was unleashing bombs today. Found myself 1-2 clubs less on holes at my home course than what I typically hit. After struggling with the driver lately it was good to see it back on track.

Well after 3 rounds, I am definitely 15 yds longer with the XHot 9.5[SUP]o[/SUP] B.Asha 4s combo than my old G10 9[SUP]o[/SUP] Pro Launch Red combo and have been maintaining my Fairways hit avg of around 60%. I have found the mishits now are also barely into the rough and even on some shots that start out badly they just seem to straighten out and not do too badly, some of that is the shaft but I also find somewhat similar results with the heavier PXv pro 5.5 that I ordered with the XHot.

The driver fitting I took back in May on a trackman recommended I stick with a 9.5[SUP]o[/SUP] to get maximum roll out on my ss of 100 (and I definitely mentioned that I valued accuracy over length) but I wonder if I should have gotten a 10.5[SUP]o[/SUP] or 11.5[SUP]o[/SUP] driver instead as I am getting no younger and perhaps some more height would be better......hmmmm, pondering.

I was fine with my driver until the shaft snapped this week--decided to try another shaft in it at first but hated it when first played this morning on the range while out playing 18--it really threw my whole game off. It is amazing how much the right shaft head combo just works for some people. When Anyway I went by the PGA superstore on the way home to either get my original shaft replaced (Project X 6.5) or try something else and saw the Xhot pro on sale at 219 bucks. So I just picked up the Xhot pro 10.5 with the Project X 6.5. Swung the Xhot and Pro at the store and hated the bigger head compared to the pro.
From past experience, I can attest to the fact that launch monitors can lie-- at one store in the past, the store monitor had me hitting long perfect shots and the same demo on the range was not working at all... so I was leery even though the Monitor was showing decent results in store. The good news on this new Xhot Pro is that I took it to the range and was seeing some great results so far. Tomorrow will be my first round with it. Will report how it holds up under playing pressure.

I just bought one sight unseen because the covert has been giving me so many fits with ball flight. I picked it up for a song and then picked up a Fubuki Alpha 60 to go in it to bring flight down perhaps.

The main reason I got it instead of continuing to try shafts in the Covert is Callaway has kept the same optifit system for a little while and there are a plethora of used shafts out there for sale so I can trial and error play with combos and sell back off what doesn't work much easier/cheaper.

I've had fittings on monitors and fittings on ranges and what works for me there doesn't seem to work for me in the real world after I get used to the driver/iron. This way I can tinker to my hearts content for a lot less money until I come up with something I like. I was ready to buy an RFX but the deal I fell into on the xhot was too cheap to not try out.

Well my Fubuki Alpha is the poop, it's shorter (driver plays 44 3/4) and hits my oldddddd shot from when I first started playing, a 15ish yard cut EVERYTIME. I couldn't hook this ball if I tried. Longest drive of the day was 266, shortest 233, most were hovering 245-255. The 266 was just perfectly struck, the 233 was the first hole when I didn't know how much the ball would cut (our range is being reseeded right now, only two swings in my yard prior to the round) and I hit it into the deep rough and had zero roll. I think I should be able to avg 250 with this with a little work, the shorter shaft has changed up where I need to position the ball so it's taking a bit of getting used to but I love the long fade it hits. I've missed that shot because I always knew exactly where to aim. My last 2-3 drivers have been straight or draw and I never knew where to aim.

I shot a 41 on the front 9 (personal best on this course by three strokes) but the heat got to my concentration on the back and I shot a 46 because I just kinda fell apart at 14.

All in all, I love this driver, it's predictable.

I think I only missed 5 fairways in 3 rounds during the Morgan Cup. This driver is a beast and a fairway finder. Unbelievable.

I think I only missed 5 fairways in 3 rounds during the Morgan Cup. This driver is a beast and a fairway finder. Unbelievable.

That's pretty solid!!

Agreed. I got more comfortable with it this morning and swung out of my shoes embracing the fade I play with this and I hit 277 for my longest drive but the killer shot for me was a tee shot that needs 240 carry to clear a hazard. I haven't tried it in months because it's always been a ball eater for me so I hit a 5i from this tee. Today I aimed for a tree in the left rough and gave it hell, cleared the hazard and bounced dead center of the fairway to 264. I LOVE this driver and this short shaft. Swinging as hard as I can I'm in the middle of the face every time. I haven't had that since my old R9 with a Pro launch red in it where I car just try to murder the ball and just get a strong fade.

Maybe, just maybe a combination of this driver and my long irons finally starting to work for me will let me see as 12 index this year which is what I'm after. I got to a 15 last year, fell apart and went all the way back up to a 20.x. Right now I'm down to a 15.3 and dropping bit by bit.

Doesn't surprise me Yorkem. I haven't found a driver this year that can hold a candle to the X-Hot for my personal needs. Great look, sound, accuracy, and I can get some yards out of it.

That's awesome! I really wish I could afford to tinker with driver shafts. For some reason the stock shaft in my XH seems softer (I guess that's the right word) than what I had in my RBZ. I've enjoyed the XH overall though. I don't have any problems with accuracy when I hit it well. The RBZ could be unpredictable at times.

Doesn't surprise me Yorkem. I haven't found a driver this year that can hold a candle to the X-Hot for my personal needs. Great look, sound, accuracy, and I can get some yards out of it.

Bro, I got to tell you, I played the best golf of my life at TMC. You would not have recognized my game, it was that much better.

That doesn't surprise me at all buddy. I knew you had it in you.

My X Hot 9.5 is now on Ebay with the Project X Velocity Pro 5.5 shaft and an 11.5 with the Kuro Kage 60 is on the way.......I'll put the B.Asha 4S in it though most likely - just thought I'd order a random no-upcharge shaft again. My buddy is about to jump on an X-Hot too so I'll let him test drive these two shafts for sure and even the Px5.5 if it's still around this weekend.

Bro, I got to tell you, I played the best golf of my life at TMC. You would not have recognized my game, it was that much better.

You were HAMMERING it on the tee shots I saw. Loved the high cuts I was seeing!

You were HAMMERING it on the tee shots I saw. Loved the high cuts I was seeing!

Thanks bro, but that means you may have missed my new trick. I was pounding this with a draw whenever I wanted to. First time I have had this kind of control and ability to work the ball right to left or left to right.

My X Hot 9.5 is now on Ebay with the Project X Velocity Pro 5.5 shaft and an 11.5 with the Kuro Kage 60 is on the way.......I'll put the B.Asha 4S in it though most likely - just thought I'd order a random no-upcharge shaft again. My buddy is about to jump on an X-Hot too so I'll let him test drive these two shafts for sure and even the Px5.5 if it's still around this weekend.

Would love to hear a comparison of the kuro kage and b Asha!

Sent from the Galaxy Note 2

Played nine today after my few rounds of really struggling with the driver. I know it was swing related as I've been struggling with my 3 wood too. I went today and choked down a little bit, maybe a quarter to half an inch and got some much needed control back. I was hitting it high and straight/er today. Felt good to actually have some confidence with the driver. This thing is fun to hit when it's on.

The X Hot Pro was one of the best drivers for 2013. I added some hotmelt and a 7M3 Black Tie at 45.25". It's a beast!

I am still loving this driver, my home course has fairly wide open fairways for the most part and I have had 2 days of 100% fairways hit in the 5 or so months I have been gaming the X-Hot. Never had I done that before.

I've got to go back and see if I can get this driver dialed in. I've had success with my current gamer. But we all love options.

Back