Atlanta, GA - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Sligo

Updated Golf list for Friday the 16th at Olde Atlanta.
Course address: 5750 Olde Atlanta Parkway, Suwanee, GA 30024
Cost: $39 +tax
First tee time is 2:00pm
Holding 4 tee times - Need you to confirm attendance with me by tomorrow, Thursday the 8th by 2:00pm. Have to give unused tee times back to the course then for member play so need everyone on the awaiting confirmation list to let me know they are in or not. Thanks!
Online course guide can be found here: http://www.canongategolf.com/Locations/Olde-Atlanta/Map-323.html

Confirmed
Cpljohnst
Greg Kulbick
Dhill
Wluker17
Jlit26
MaryC
V.man
Sparksjr
Mightyquinn
Lockman850

driving from VA - planning on playing if traffic allows

LeeB
T2GRN18
Youngbuck

Awaiting confirmation:

flog2424

Reminder that if you're planning on Friday golf let me know. Have at least 2 open slots! Would love to have a couple more join in!

Reminder that if you're planning on Friday golf let me know. Have at least 2 open slots! Would love to have a couple more join in!

Is it too late to get on this list? Just found out that I will be in Atlanta a day early. #Boom

You know what else I am excited for?

Taco Mac. I hope it lives up to expectations!!
Food isn't spectacular but it is solid. But they do have tons of different beers and lots of TVs for sports.

Golf list for Friday the 16th at Olde Atlanta.
Holding 4 tee times - Need you to confirm attendance with me by tomorrow, Thursday the 8th by 2:00pm. Have to give unused tee times back to the course then for member play so need everyone on the awaiting confirmation list to let me know they are in or not. Thanks!
Online course guide can be found here: http://www.canongategolf.com/Locations/Olde-Atlanta/Map-323.html

Confirmed
Cpljohnst
Greg Kulbick
Dhill
Wluker17
Jlit26
MaryC
V.man
Sparksjr

LeeB
T2GRN18
Youngbuck

Awaiting confirmation:
Lockman850

flog2424

EDITED: to update V.man & sparksjr to confirmed.
Count me in. Thanks for getting this together!

My home course (obviously) !! Of course I'm going to be out of town on vacation that entire weekend --- argh. Have a great time !

Sorry for just getting back to you, count me in

Food isn't spectacular but it is solid. But they do have tons of different beers and lots of TVs for watching the Braves game.

FIFY...

Please tell that you guys knew that the Braves were playing the Nationals next weekend in Atlanta.

--Sorry if I missed a post about this.

Please tell that you guys knew that the Braves were playing the Nationals next weekend in Atlanta.

--Sorry if I missed a post about this.

Yep. I think one of the guys and his wife are going. If I recall a post about it.

Edit: Found the post by JLit but don't think he is going. He's playing lots of golf with us instead!

If anyone is planning on hanging out Friday after golf a television or 12 is a must!

At one point, I had bribed the wife I to coming with baseball. But she changed her mind.

Have Fun! I really wish I was not traveling to NYC considering Atlanta is only a few hours away.

Yep. I think one of the guys and his wife are going. If I recall a post about it.

Edit: Found the post by JLit but don't think he is going. He's playing lots of golf with us instead!

If anyone is planning on hanging out Friday after golf a television or 12 is a must!

Kind of what I had in mind.

Updated Golf list for Friday the 16th at Olde Atlanta.

Confirmed
Cpljohnst
Greg Kulbick
Dhill
Wluker17
Jlit26
MaryC
V.man
Sparksjr
Mightyquinn
Lockman850
Flog2424
Codybwallace

LeeB
T2GRN18
Youngbuck

Got space for 1 more, anyone want to jump in?

I'm sitting at my desk watching it rain outside and wishing I could skip forward a week. I am dying

Go ahead and give us some insider tips!

1. Stay below the hole
2. Don't try to go for the green from this yardage marker on 18
6evy8y7e.jpg

3. Don't look for your ball on 3 if you end up here
2u2uta2u.jpg

4. Sara, the beverage cart girl, is a sweetheart
5. Don't go left on 16
6. Don't go left on 9 going for the green
7. This is one of best views for post round drinks
2ymy8epy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375990898.485848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375990898.485848.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
Well the Old Coots Classic, aka Geezer Gathering was a blast today. Ole Gray, Lefty, DawgDaddy and I got in 16 great holes before the heavens opened up and pummeled us with heavy rain and even a little lightening. The course was very wet all day and cart path only because of the rain we've been having. The greens have not healed up as much from their punching as I had hoped. They're still a little bumpy. My guess is that with another week they will be better, but not pristine. It would help if they would roll them Saturday morning, but, I don't know if they'll do that for an outing.

We played some good golf and some bad golf, but all I think had a good time. That, and getting to see the course a little more was the objective. I think you're all going to love the track, especially if we get some dry weather next week. It is challenging, but quite fun. Seth's (ATL) review is quite on the money and well worth the read at least twice if you're coming to the Invitational.

See you all next week.

Well the Old Coots Classic, aka Geezer Gathering was a blast today. Ole Gray, Lefty, DawgDaddy and I got in 16 great holes before the heavens opened up and pummeled us with heavy rain and even a little lightening. The course was very wet all day and cart path only because of the rain we've been having. The greens have not healed up as much from their punching as I had hoped. They're still a little bumpy. My guess is that with another week they will be better, but not pristine. It would help if they would roll them Saturday morning, but, I don't know if they'll do that for an outing.

We played some good golf and some bad golf, but all I think had a good time. That, and getting to see the course a little more was the objective. I think you're all going to love the track, especially if we get some dry weather next week. It is challenging, but quite fun. Seth's (ATL) review is quite on the money and well worth the read at least twice if you're coming to the Invitational.

See you all next week.

Darn right. I should have been charging ya'll for that premium information.

And you will have a package waiting for you when you get home!!!

It was in my chair and it is terrific. Looking forward to getting it on the greens.

I hope you guys have a great time. We expect a full report

Hey, what happens in Alpharetta, stays in ...

Actually, much as Ken said, lots of fun with good folks. Greens are pretty rough, rough is pretty tough, I decided that there are 5 or 6 par 5s. When you hit a decent drive and have a downhill lie long iron to carry a waste area, I'm making it a par 5 for me. (laying up)

Have a great time fellas! Let us know how the course is.

Quiet scenic and lots of hills to climb and descend for cart path only conditions.

Hope that the Old Coot Classic is a great success!! You guys have fun!!!

Definitely a success and who you callin old? :rotfl:

Here is a pic from the first tee. Top left, the starters finger, then Ken, Bill, Don, and Randy. AKA, v.man, Ole Gray, Lefty78, and Dawg Daddy

IMG_20130808_093349_703_zps2cc8eec6.jpg

It was in my chair and it is terrific. Looking forward to getting it on the greens.

Hey, what happens in Alpharetta, stays in ...

Actually, much as Ken said, lots of fun with good folks. Greens are pretty rough, rough is pretty tough, I decided that there are 5 or 6 par 5s. When you hit a decent drive and have a downhill lie long iron to carry a waste area, I'm making it a par 5 for me. (laying up)

Quiet scenic and lots of hills to climb and descend for cart path only conditions.

Definitely a success and who you callin old? :rotfl:

Here is a pic from the first tee. Top left, the starters finger, then Ken, Bill, Don, and Randy. AKA, v.man, Ole Gray, Lefty78, and Dawg Daddy

IMG_20130808_093349_703_zps2cc8eec6.jpg

Mötley Crüe

Nice pic guys!

Was hoping to find out teams today. Soon I guess

This will be my first Invtl. What is the playing format?

Back