The "Best 9 holes" Thread

I shot a 34 on 9 holes once when shooting my PB of 73. Had 4 birds on that 9 alone.

My goal used to be to go as low as possible for nine holes. I broke my round apart into 9s. My lowest is a 31 with 5 birds and 4 pars. My most exciting 9 was filled with a double, two eagles, two birdies and 4 pars.

Back in the day when I was young and strong (40ish) I shot 32 -4 on the front nine at my old course in Gray, Ga. I hit every green in regulation and my putter was in the zone. The closest I came to my PB over the years was a 35.

Watching your transformation has been awesome.

Thanks Josh. It's fun to actually go out now and expect to play good golf, instead of just stumbling upon a good round every so often.

Best 9 I have ever shot is a 35 (-1) earlier this year. 6 pars, a bogey and 2 birdies.

Think I have only had 2 birdies in 9 holes but I have done that quite often. Really I just go out there and try and make a par every hole. Birdies will come but sometimes it's hard to be patient and that where I make my mistakes.

I think my best ever 9 was in May this year when I shot a +2 38

3 birdies, 2 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 double

I've played 33 (-3) on the front and 34 (-2) at my home course but have never played both well at the same time. My favorite 9 was last week when I played the front in 35 with 8 pars and a birdie. Kinda cool to see no squares on the card!

I shot a 41 on the front at my home course about 2 weeks ago, previous best was 42. I went birdie par birdie bogey through 4 and then hosel rocketed one off an easy par 3 on 5 oob and pretty much finished the 9 at my normal bogey golf rate. Thought I might have had a legitimate shot at a pb 18 but I got into a mess on the back and ended up with an 87.

It'll come one day and I'll put 2 9's together.

Taptaptaparoo

Best 9 was the back 9 of a recent round when I shot a -1 34

I don't usually have great 9-hole rounds. I'm usually right around 50 per 9-holes but for now, I'm striving for bogey or better on each hole. I figure if I can play at 9 over, at least on my local courses, I can tie my PB of 45 and then work down from there.

Most birdies in 9 holes: 4. Best 9 hole score: 35 (-1). It was my front 9, and I ended up shooting 77, which is tied for my all time low round.

37.. over and over and over again. 37.

The elusive even Par on 9 is look friggen bigfoot for me.

Do you count your score heading in? It could be all mental?

Oh absolutely - but I always keep score (over/under) in my head. It is impossible for me not to. I have done it all. Birdied to shoot 37, parred to shoot 37, bogeyed to shoot 37.

I've shot even a handful of times, but I have still never broken par on 9 holes. I once started a round with 14 straight pars which I have never done before. So, my career best 9 holes is 35 (par 71 course) and I had 1 birdie and 1 bogey on the side. I couldn't tell you the most birdies I've had on 9 holes, but I think that it is probably 3.

A few months ago, I was -2 going into number 8 and I blew up hardcore on 8. I carded a quad, I think, after hitting my tee shot OOB and my approach shot over the green into the back water. Needless to say, I was not too happy after that.

Best 9 holes in recent memory was a -2 34. Had an eagle and a birdie with a bogey.

Most birdies I've had one on 9 has been 4. I shot even on that 9. :beat-up:

I made 5 birdies in a row in the summer of 89 in a 9 hole round. I have no idea how I did that.

9 holes I'm most proud of: after shooting a 61 on the front I re-calibrated and shot a 41 on the back...and that was with an 8 or something on 18.

My best nine ever was a 44. My goal for each nine is:

1) Focus on each shot & let previous shots go (especially bad ones): take dead aim. Focus on the target.

2) Think of bogey as my personal par. I'll take a 5 on a par 4 as good for me. Nine holes of bogey golf = 45 = on my way to breaking 90.

Best 9 I ever shot was 37 - 6 pars, 1 birdie, 2 bogeys. On that same course I shot my low 18 of 78, but I had a pair of 39's that day.

37 (+2) on the back at my home course. Helped me to my only sub 80 round ever (77). I had 1 birdie, 6 pars, 1 bogey and 1 double.

My personal best 9 was a 31 back in high school. 5 birdies no bogeys for the back 9. Would kill to have a round anywhere close to that now.

Yesterday I shot a 2 over 36 on the front at ASU Karsten and that is my best 9 holes since my first shoulder injury like 5 years ago.

My goals by the end of the year:

Have 1 birdie on every 9 holes for at least 5 rounds.
Have a 9 hole side under par.

My personal best 9 was a 37 (+2). The most birdies I have had on a 9 is two which I have done 3 times. My goal is to be even on 9 which I know I can do.

Best 9 holes happened in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago in the Morgan Cup practice round with Canadan and Jconn. Had birdies on 1 and 2 to go -2 after 2. Pars on 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 all having birdie looks from 10 to 30 feet. Then hit a bad layup shot from the 8th which led to a bogey and was off to the par 5 9th hole. Hit my 2nd shot to the green to about 8 feet for a look at eagle. Both Dan and Jeff also hit the green in 2 and had eagle putts of 12 and 20 feet! I ended up making my eagle putt to post a -3 for the front 9. Best 9 holes I've played in a long long time.

My best 9 holes came the same time I had my best round ever. The course is a links style course and there was no wind for the day. I had 1 eagle, 3 birdies, 1 bogey, and 4 pars. I had shot a 37 on the front 9 and ended up shooting 32 on the back 9 for a total of 3 under 69. Every time I play that course I think back to that day and hope that I can find the "lightning in the bottle" again.

Back