Axis1 Umbra Putter Review

Spiritomb

Workin' Them Angels
Reaction score
Handicap
Hormones
Hey everyone.

looks. 5/5

When I opened it. I fell in love with the funky looks, and black finish. With the grip being the icing on the cake for looks. The headcover also looks great in my bag as well.

Feel, and sound. 4/5

The feel off the face is very nice. It's has a nice soft and clicky feel to it. As for the sound it has a clicky ping to it, in which I liked.

Performance. 5/5

This is where this putter really shines. The first putt I hit with it, went in from about 30 ft. After that I was hooked. 10 and 15 footers were much easier to make for me. Distance control on long putts where much better then my old putter, and my confidence with my putting when up.

Cons.

There's really only one thing I don't like about this putter, and it's the grip. I don't like Winn grips, because they don't last long, and they feel cheap in my hands.

Overall 4.5/5

Coming from my Yes groove tube, this is a very different putter. Everything about it screams quality. From the looks, to the performace. It's going to stay in my bag for a long time.

is the face milled?

Any pics of the beast?

How would you compare it to the double duty?

No it is not.

Any pics of the beast?

How would you compare it to the double duty?

6a01310f5683c3970c015434980b22970c-500wi

2662578_orig.jpg

Um... wow it's interesting for sure

They're definitely an interesting beast of a type of putter dude.

I'll be curious to hear some thoughts on down the road. I know I couldn't game one, but there is actually a guy at my home course that does and does so well.

Holy cow! Never realized they looked like that at address, thanks for the picture. Can't wait to see how you like it down the road

I want to try and pick a ball up with it. It might take me a while, but I would figure it out.

Also, it reminds me of the backstryke style of putters. I can see how it would work for some.

theres way to much going on at address for me.... i think the shaft is obnoxious looking, i think thats what really turns me off to it. the alignment isn't horrible but it just looks funny and to me i need a putter to look good when i'm standing over a putt.... but i guess if it helps you drain 30' putts i'd consider throwing it in the bag too.

Pretty crazy looking but I always say that performance over looks when it comes to making it into the bag.

At address it almost looks like you are hitting the ball off the shaft although I know it's not the case.

Thanks again guys for liking my review! I'll be updating it, next time I go out to play!

Update.

Just took it out on the course. Could only do four holes because of rain. I'm still getting used to it, but I'm really liking it. I had 3 two puts from about 30 ft. and made a nice 15 footer. It's really helping me on Distance control, so I'm very happy about that.

I'll be updating again in the near future.

James.

I tried out the Joey model from this company today, and it was like I was doing something totally different than I’ve ever done before. I’ve always been a terrible putter, but this one really worked for me. I was putting them all around (and in) the hole from distances that have always been completely impossible for me. I’ll go back next week and try again. If I have similar results, I may be willing to pay more (by double) than I’ve ever paid for a club before.

Back