What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 77 again. 14 gir and 35 putts. One birdie and an eagle coupled with 3 doubles and 2 bogeys. Felt good, but the greens were slow....miss read a ton of birdie putts.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

gillesam, Thanks for the account of your finals match, very enjoyable.

Shot in the high 90s for the second straight round. Cant seem to play 18 well.
tap tap taparoo

adu9y6uz.jpg
Today we played the University of Texas Golf Club. It was my first time on this course and it is absolutely beautiful. The course is also hard as hell. It's set up as a championship course and it's no wonder the UT Golf team won the National Championship in 2012. Playing this monster every day.

My front 9 was absolutely atrocious. 55. I had 8 penalties. My back 9 was much much better shooting a 50. However I had 2 penalties and duffed 2 sand shots. The back could have been 44 without stupidity.

I've finally gotten past an attempt at a swing change that screwed me up really bad. The last 8 holes felt like I can get back into the low 80s after 5 or 6 terrible rounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
1 under with 34 putts. I haven't played to my index in the last 8 rounds so I'm happy even though I failed to make a putt over 3 feet. It was the best ball striking round all year so I'm happy even though both of my birdies were 2 putts.

Played 9 holes, shot a nice 46. Not bad for a Wednessday evening ;)

Been wanting to break 80, not quite there yet, shot 83.

Not bad though as 2 moths ago my handicap was 22...

Been wanting to break 80, not quite there yet, shot 83.

Not bad though as 2 moths ago my handicap was 22...

Congrats on the improvement. Sounds like you will be breaking 80 in no time. For me the key to doing it was improving my putting. Before, averaging 36 putts a round before would kill me. Just getting that down to 30 has me shooting under 80 more often than not.

Some good scores being made here lately. Keep it up

41/42 83 yesterday, not exactly what I was expecting, but it is what it is. I had a number of great shots out there, but in trouble more often than I needed.

Congrats on the improvement. Sounds like you will be breaking 80 in no time. For me the key to doing it was improving my putting. Before, averaging 36 putts a round before would kill me. Just getting that down to 30 has me shooting under 80 more often than not.

Thanks very much, I put it down to 3 things.

Firstly I have stopped trying to hit the ball, which has meant that my slice is now more of a fade - as soon as i try to hit the ball hard again, it all starts to go wrong.

Secondly, my short game has got better (slight improvement from 100yds in and a bigger improvement around the green), in part through reading Dave Pelz's short game bible

Thirdly as you point out one putting helps tremendously, though that's easier if you get the ball closer to the pin in the first place :)

If i can keep doing the first one and get better at the second i cant see any reason why i cant break 80.

Shot 120. New PB for 18 holes, down from 132. Frustrating thing is that over 18 holes those silly mistakes really add up. Like doing a four putt on a par four when I was on the green in two. Or playing a beautiful 180 yard approach shot onto the wrong green. I guess my short game (which is usually OK) let me down a bit, whereas my driving and iron play was much better. Plus the course I was playing on (Atherstone) was quite narrow and very undulating. I quite fancy a go on my local 9 hole course the day after tomorrow, I think I have a real chance of breaking 50! :act-up:

46/46 for a 92 at Perham Lakeside.

I could have finally shot in the 80's if I could have putted worth a darn. And not put up a snowman on a par-5 with a mental-error OB tee shot that I KNEW I shouldn't take......

I should play my "cabin" clubs more often.

I just shot the best 9 of my life at a little local 9 hole by my house. I didn't feel like driving to my club because I just got in from 2 weeks of work and I'm so tired I can't see so I went to this course I've never been to that always gets high praise. My driving was off (timing is wayyyyy off from being at work) but my irons were working ok and my new putter was just killing it even though the greens were slowwww. Shot a 40 (par 35) with 3 fairway (I was hitting low hooks today) and 3 GIR (all par 3's including on that was 194 yards). 1 birdie, 3 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double that was the result of staying on my back book and blading a chip over the green. 15 putts and I was on the way to the house with a big smile on my face.

Woke up early this mornong & snuck 9 in on my local 9 hole course before work. Being nice & cool, I wore my golf slacks I wear to work & a polo, & hoofed it. Man, walking does great things to my game. Shot a 33, on a par 35, 1 bogey (3 putt) 5 pars 3birdies. Hit 8Greens in Reg, and had 15 putts. Now lets hope men's league goes as well this evening!

Woke up early this mornong & snuck 9 in on my local 9 hole course before work. Being nice & cool, I wore my golf slacks I wear to work & a polo, & hoofed it. Man, walking does great things to my game. Shot a 33, on a par 35, 1 bogey (3 putt) 5 pars 3birdies. Hit 8Greens in Reg, and had 15 putts. Now lets hope men's league goes as well this evening!

That's awesome! What a way to start the day!

attachment.php
]not great not bad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376587214.099795.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376587214.099795.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
First round with 2012 Q-Stars and shot 45 for a course PR for 9 holes.

A horrific 94 at Twisted Dunes in Atlantic City. 44/50. Where has my swing gone?

Heck of a way to start your day! Nice

First round with 2012 Q-Stars and shot 45 for a course PR for 9 holes.

Nice work on the PR!

89. Started great. Just missed birdie on one and two, played smart after hooking a drive at the dog left third, actually chipped backwards for a comfortable SW approach and took a bogey.

Another hooked drive on 4 OB then 2 decent shots. Blasted a pitch and ended up with an 8 and was a bit flustered for a couple holes. Played pretty well on the back though. Ended up 49/40 with a nice sand save on a long par 4 18th.

Can't stand playing in this heat though. Find myself lumbering around and just wishing for rain or clouds or anything to take my mind off the sweat that encompasses my body.

I have been going through a little bad streak, MAYBE it is broken, will know more tomorrow. Greens have been working me over pretty good, four three-putts today and missed three 3 foot putts:beat-up:. Yesterday and today the nines are 43, 44, 45, and 37 on the back today (that's with one of the three foot putts.) 82 today.

I have been going through a little bad streak, MAYBE it is broken, will know more tomorrow. Greens have been working me over pretty good, four three-putts today and missed three 3 foot putts:beat-up:. Yesterday and today the nines are 43, 44, 45, and 37 on the back today (that's with one of the three foot putts.) 82 today.
Nice round Partner !

Played bogey golf today for 9 holes, not bad but not amazing. Still getting used to the new putter.

44/41, personal best for this year and on a course I was playing for the first time to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back