Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, Course Review

I think it's a lot tougher than True Blue. Much tighter and many more opportunities to get into trouble. True Blue has a lot of water and sand, and you can easily three-putt the entire course because the greens are so large, but control is much more of a premium at Caledonia.

Dang it, now I am getting even more jealous of you MC jerks. :act-up:

I liked True Blue more, so it must be easier *alienthingy*

Great writeup ATL! I played Caledonia after the MB outing last year and it was phenomenal even in December. This just makes me want to go back again. Such a great course.

Thanks for posting - always has been one of my favorite courses, and definitely my favorite of Stranz's designs.

If these pictures don't make you drool and get you pumped for the MC coverage something is wrong! Man I appreciate this review ATL, I love this course and am EXTREMELY excited to be able to play it again. Great pictures and great recap, glad you enjoyed it again!

I wouldnt believe anything in this review...The dudes a lawyer

One thing about this course, there are a number of holes where hitting the ball to the 150 yard marker off of the tee is a better play than trying to hit it as far as you can. I didn't figure that out until I had made some mistakes on my first round there.

One thing about this course, there are a number of holes where hitting the ball to the 150 yard marker off of the tee is a better play than trying to hit it as far as you can. I didn't figure that out until I had made some mistakes on my first round there.

Looking forward to learning more about this and the course during our round in a few Thursdays.

beautiful course. Hope to play it sometime in the future.

Excellent job ATL! What a beauty this is. Can't wait to get out there this summer or fall.

Golf Channel's Matt Ginella (sp?) featured Caledonia and True Blue this morning on his best courses in Myrtle Beach segment on Morning Drive. Said Caledonia is #1 and True Blue is #1A. Talked about a deal they have going now for $429 for 3 nights lodging, 3 rounds of golf.

Golf Channel's Matt Ginella (sp?) featured Caledonia and True Blue this morning on his best courses in Myrtle Beach segment on Morning Drive. Said Caledonia is #1 and True Blue is #1A. Talked about a deal they have going now for $429 for 3 nights lodging, 3 rounds of golf.

Our deal was way bettter!

I just saw that. Heck of a deal for two awesome courses.

Caledonia is by far Top 3 courses I've ever played, wish I couldve played more there. True Blue is prob top 10.

Hope we get a tour van stop there prior to next Morgan cup

That's a great deal, and I agree with the rankings!!!

Big thanks to Seth for throwing this review up, it helped immensely with preparation for the MC and an eventual Team Paradise victory. :alien:

Big thanks to Seth for throwing this review up, it helped immensely with preparation for the MC and an eventual Team Paradise victory. :alien:

I just want a pic with the Cup. I can have the review page opened up on my iPad in the other hand.

I'm just glad none of the other teams read this review thread...

Played them in December but these are still two of the nicest courses I've ever played.

Great review man, this is my favorite course on the south end of the beach, I love the write up and the pics. I'll be up there in a few weeks to play this gem.

Great review Seth, this is my favorite course on the south end of the beach, I love the write up and the pics. I'll be up there in a few weeks to play this gem.

Thank you kind sir

God I love this course. Seeing this picks just brings back memories

Back