The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this real or photoshopped?
dog3.jpg

dog5.jpg

At sixteen inches long, four inches wide, and seven pounds, the Big Hot Dog is prepared to serve 50. Of course, you may want to second-guess eating any mixture of veal, pork, and beef resting on a …wool…blanket?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/eliot/giant-hot-dog-26q

GAsman - You really frequent a site called bighotdogs.com?

Hotdogs are a guilty pleasure for me. I don't eat them often, but love them.

hot dogs are good, but brats are where it's really at.

Possibly the greatest restaurant in the world.

Hot Doug's

Kevin

Brats are good, so is Italian sausage.

A good Brat knows no borders Claire.

I think most foods have become national. Can you think of anything you eat in CA that I don't eat in CT?

I think most foods have become national. Can you think of anything you eat in CA that I don't eat in CT?
Yes.....

Oh - I forgot about that. You eat bacon and I eat turkey bacon.

Two things come to mind. Mexican food and sushi, of course you guys have it back east but it just isnt the same as ours. Im not saying yours is bad, but its just not that good. Im sure its getting better though.

Two things come to mind. Mexican food and sushi, of course you guys have it back east but it just isnt the same as ours. Im not saying yours is bad, but its just not that good. Im sure its getting better though.

You're right about the Mexican food. There are more immigrants here from Central and South America than Mexico. I don't eat sushi so I can't speak to that.

NY has some pretty good sushi around the place. There's some bad sushi as well, but you can't ask too much. Never had it on the east coast so can't comment.

I wish you guys could do proper sausages though. Cumberland sausage is god's gift to the palate.

Again I post. Possibly the single greatest and most fun restaurant in the world. I believe I read somewhere once, it may have been in a Vanity Fair article about Marco Pierre White not long after he had eaten at Dougs, that the place Gasman posted was somewhat modeled on Dougs.

The foie gras specials are unreal. On Fridays and Saturdays they serve fresh cut fries fried in duck fat. For about $4.00 you get a pile the size of your head. They are sublime.

If anybody is ever in Chicago, Hot Dougs is a must. Beware though, Doug closes the place sometimes for a couple weeks, and is only open 10:00 to 4:00. The line goes down the block.

Hot Doug's

Kevin

Have you posted about Hot Doug's before Kevin? It sounds familiar.

Have you posted about Hot Doug's before Kevin? It sounds familiar.

Yes, on the page before this one. Maybe in other threads, too. The place is very cool and simple, and the sausages are very, very, very good.

Kevin

Yes, on the page before this one. Maybe in other threads, too. The place is very cool and simple, and the sausages are very, very, very good.

Kevin

Maybe Guy went there on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I've definitely heard more about it some place.

The foie gras specials are unreal. On Fridays and Saturdays they serve fresh cut fries fried in duck fat. For about $4.00 you get a pile the size of your head. They are sublime.
Kevin

It sounds tasty. Can anything cooked in duck fat really be bad?

We have a decent hot dog place down the street, but I always get a sandwich from there.
http://www.thestandlink.com/menu/items.php?page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back