What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly 96, but I cannot complain. Difficult, unfamiliar course, but it was a beautiful day and the company was great. I even got through the round without my back seizing up.

Shot an 83 today at Cypress Creek in Smithfield VA, a 39 on the front and a 44 on the back. The back nine plays a lot tougher especially the last few finishing holes. I had 2 doubles and a triple bogey on the back and on those holes I was either playing shots from muddy fairways or poorly raked bunkers and hit a couple shots a little "fat". So all in all I was pretty happy with my round minus those 3 holes!

Not too bad I think considering I was using a brand new set of clubs and a new golf ball too.

39/46 (85) yesterday with a strong south wind and pretty cool. Turned around today and shot a 46/46 (92) with like conditions.

What baffled me was my putting both days. I was making putts from anywhere, I just had trouble getting there. I also hit some extreme 3 wood shots, but after I lost my last Penta it was game over.

Cool November morning (Sat. 11-28) hi 30's heating to 60, 0858 tee time
Island/Lake - White tees 6500 yds

1 - par 4 5 - 1 - par 4 5
2 - par 4 5 - 2 - par 4 4
3 - par 4 4 - 3 - par 5 5
4 - par 4 5 - 4 - par 3 4
5 - par 4 4 - 5 - par 4 6
6 - par 3 3 - 6 - par 3 4
7 - par 5 6 - 7 - par 5 7
8 - par 3 3 - 8 - par 4 4
9 - par 5 4 - 9 - par 4 4

Score - 39/43-82 (+10)

Big Game Ante $11
Winnings - Blind Draw Team - $2.50 (I was at -3, tied for second best individual after teams - 14 players) Skins -1 - $14 - Close-ups - 2 - $7 Total $23.50
Net +$12.50

With temps hovering around 35, we tee off, me walking w/pushcart - and my opening drive looks perfect, but when I arrive at my ball it is one foot thru the fairway in the hay - er, rough - and the tone was set for my round. I chopped it out left and bogeyed. I slashed my way thru 4 holes with one par when I made a 12 foot saver, and then more routinely parred the 5th. The island green 6th, my nemesis of late, awaited - playing longer than usual at 167. I took a 7 iron and almost flew it in the hole - the pitch mark was 4 inches away - and stopped 15 perilous feet above the pin, a delicate 2 putt par. After almost holing from the fringe on 7, I missed the 4 foot comebacker to go +4. Then at the par 3 8th playing 174, another 7 iron to 8 feet ended up being my sweep of close-ups in the Big Game on the front side, but I pulled the birdie putt. But, out of nowhere I roll in a 40 footer at 9 for a birdie to turn at +3. I put on my clown suit for the 10th, going duck, top, fat, and stub - but the stub took a great hop and rolled out to 2 feet to let me escape w/bogey. The 11th was almost as ugly, but I roll in an 18 footer to save par. Routine par at 12, then at the par 3 13th at 132, I hit PW right over the front flag on the center ridge, but it spins left instead of back - my 35 footer for birdie is a tad sort and catches the ridge and buttonhooks to 7 feet short - argh - 3 putt bogey, +5. Two ducks and a chunk at 14 leave me just short of the greenside bunker. I select my LW for the pitch, and as I address the shot, my pushcart 6-8 yards away starts rolling. As it reaches the cart path I say to my group - "I think it's getting wet". We watched as it rolled 30 yards down the path, then bumped off and continued another 50 down the slope - yes, into the lake. I should mention that with my knees and and their uncertainty on even slight downslopes, chasing was futile. The cart was completely in the water, but my golf bag was completely above it, parallel to the surface. I reached out with my LW and snagged the rear wheel and dragged it out. The towel, headcovers, and bag strap were all wet, but the bag and clubs were totally dry. Who said golf isn't fun? Anyway, the incident did not affect my golf, which continued to be lousy. At #17, my drive rolled right a foot from the lake, beyond the hazard stake, with trees blocking my exit. I took a 6 iron from 125, aimed 30 yards left, and hit a sweet cut that landed just on and fed with the slope toward home - my companions started yelling as it rolled up and just missed, leaving me 3 feet for birdie. I hit the putt barely too easy and it cut low just in front of the hole, and rolled 4-5 feet below - thankfully I jammed that in. Finally at the last hole, my nice approach unaccountably took a huge kick into the back left bunker. I nearly holed that shot, and was left with a 3 footer uphill for par. I knew that if I intentionally missed, I would be -4 for my lost cause round and my points would adjust down 2 next time I play the Big Game, but would only adjust down 1 if I sank it. Even knowing that, I rapped it in, and was rewarded later when my -3 score was a second best tie individually (worth $2.50) on a day when everyone struggled with a really tough set of pins. I played one of my poorest rounds of the year, hitting just 2 fairways and 8 greens, and walk away with a fairly big win in the Big Game - go figure this game.

I played one of my poorest rounds of the year, hitting just 2 fairways and 8 greens, and walk away with a fairly big win in the Big Game - go figure this game.

That's part of the reason we all continue to play week in and week out. Glad to hear you're winning though.

Shot a 77 over the weekend at Ravisloe Country Club. It is a par 70 course. First time playing the course, but it is a fairly typical Donald Ross course.

Shot a 77 over the weekend at Ravisloe Country Club. It is a par 70 course. First time playing the course, but it is a fairly typical Donald Ross course.

Good job interlooper, sounds like a great round to me. Is this a course you play often?

Good job interlooper, sounds like a great round to me. Is this a course you play often?

Duey - You read like I do at times.

Thank you. It was the first time I played the course, but I wouldn't consider it a terribly difficult course. It is a bit on the short end.

whoops, missed that! Still a good job, I don't care what Diane say's, lol. I shot one 77 this year and celebrated most of the next week. We won't talk about the rest of the season...

Walked 18 today at Desert Rose, and carded a 81. Nothing real spectacular, and it was nice to be playing on my own turf again. Just a nice "swing the club easy" round, while trying to get rid of 2600 miles of road trip stiffness. Made some nice putts to help my short game ego. :D

79. 44 on the front and 35 on the back.

Really ugly 90 at one of my favorite courses. It was very cold when we started and I had two doubles and two bogeys in the first 4 holes. Struggled to a 43 on the front then just went temporarily insane on the back for a 47. I actually had a decent shot at eagle on one of the par 5's. I hit a good tee shot that left me with a 4 iron approach over water. I hit it solid, but pulled it onto the front slope in a terrible lie. I caught it clean from the awful lie and by the time I got up and down, I had bogied. Just that kind of day.

I shot a 100 today at TPC with 37 putts. I looked pretty good on the front 9 but had a total meltdown with three snowmen on the back, including a major blow up on the 18th. It got a little chilly out there today.

82 today at Dell Urich. 41/41. I had a triple on the front that could have been avoided, but I got stubborn and had to get the flop shot to work no matter how many times it rolled back down to my feet.:beat-up:

My round was terrible, shot 93 at NAVY in Cypress CA:at-wits-end: I double bogeyed the first 4 holes on my way to a 50 on the front 9:banghead: On the positive side it shot 43 on the back. My swing was out of sync and didn't show up until the 13th hole, but my putting (38) was not good at all:angry:

I played yesterday in what has to be the worst conditions I've played in all season. It was in the high 30's at tee off and by the time we got done it made it to the mid 40's. After a weeks worth of rain, dying grass and mud that would make a mud slinger happy, I managed a 89. I think I hit more thin shots then I have in my entire life. But thin still flies I guess. Short game is almost impossible in these conditions b/c you cant spin the ball at all so using the niblick probably saved me around 5 strokes. I haven't been using it much while it was warm but now that there is hardly any grass around the greens it is staying in my bag. By next spring I want to be a master of that club.

In the rain, which is rare this time of year:

78. 39 front, 39 back. Three birdies and One double. Birdied 18 to win the skins game.

Fall apart 84 at Eaglewood golf course on Langley AFB on Friday. 41 on the front, was doing fine on the back until back to back doubles at 15 and 16, ugh!

Mayfair Country Club, Sanford, FL. 85 degrees and sunshine today. I played with two PGA instructors. I shot a 79 (40 on the front and 39 on the back) from the white, 6035 yds. It was my best score ever.

The lessons are paying off. I'm so excited.

I played Colony West Country Club Championship Course today in Tamarac FL. I shot a boring 73 with no birdies 2 bogeys and 16 pars. it's was a beautiful day and the course wasn't too packed. most importantly I got to spend the afternoon with my dad and enjoy his company.

My old man came to Asheville yesterday for a little X-mas shopping so we got a quick 9 holes in at the local municipal course. It was a little chilly and windy but we had an awesome time. I shot a 39 and felt pretty good about it in those conditions.

When we were walking off the 9th green the local news was standing there waiting for interviews from golfers concerning Tiger Woods. I declined for the interview but dad gave one and low and behold, he was on the 6 o'clock news. Pretty cool!

Shot 80 today. 40 on the front and 40 on teh back. Missed too many short putts today as I was reviewing a new putter.

Mayfair Country Club, Sanford, FL. 85 degrees and sunshine today. I played with two PGA instructors. I shot a 79 (40 on the front and 39 on the back) from the white, 6035 yds. It was my best score ever.

The lessons are paying off. I'm so excited.

Congratulations on the PB! 79 is some good swinging!:thumb:

Shot 80 today. 40 on the front and 40 on teh back. Missed too many short putts today as I was reviewing a new putter.

Yeah...I hate when that happens...:D 80's respectable JB. Looks like you're starting to get the course managed. I haven't been around so much. What's the best you shot at your new course? I seem to be stuck at around 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back