2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough night in the gym. We're doing a decent amount of testing and placement this week and next, so it's been a lot of 1-set max reps. Started off pretty good, 29 dips, 15 box jumps to a 30" box, then the wheels fell off. Tons of trouble with hand stands, and couldn't lace double unders together to save my life. Partially made up for with a 1:36 500m row, but over all a rough time of it.

Oh well. Tomorrow's weight lifting, so I'll make up some mental ground there.

Those are some effing beastly numbers. That's a pretty solid workout. Depending on what weights are on the docket, you might be set for a few days. But I'm impressed nonetheless.

Those are some effing beastly numbers. That's a pretty solid workout. Depending on what weights are on the docket, you might be set for a few days. But I'm impressed nonetheless.

Thanks, man. I don't put my stuff on here to humble-brag. If I'm down on myself, it's because I know I can do better. I hold myself to a pretty high athletic standard; I have the advantage of having it be part of my job as well as a hobby.

Thanks, man. I don't put my stuff on here to humble-brag. If I'm down on myself, it's because I know I can do better. I hold myself to a pretty high athletic standard; I have the advantage of having it be part of my job as well as a hobby.

If I could do 29 dips 15 30" box jumps and a 1:36 500m row, I would brag to.

Fwiw, I don't post my weights. Simply because I don't want to let anybody down. I don't want "that's it?" To be thought by anybody.

Plus, I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Especially with pull ups and squats.

The amount of energy I have throughout the day when I work out in the morning vs when I dont is just mind blowing. Started up yoga again last night. I feel awesome today. Was planning on doing it every other day but might just try doing it again tonight.

Well school started again. Hopefully my workout plan will as well. Life has been busy but great lately and the gym time has suffered. My new school has a nice gym though so I'm planning on spending more time in there

The amount of energy I have throughout the day when I work out in the morning vs when I dont is just mind blowing. Started up yoga again last night. I feel awesome today. Was planning on doing it every other day but might just try doing it again tonight.

Make it a habit Dev. Being active is so much easier and rewarding when it becomes part of your everyday.

Awesome to hear bro ! Love it!

First time checking in on this thread. :)

Anyone have any good programs? I had been hitting the gym 3 days a week for about a year and a half till I went on vacation in July. I pretty much haven't been back since and even when I do I'm just going through the motions. I need to get motivated and focused again. I'd like to put on about 15 lbs of muscle this fall/winter.

Anyone have any good programs? I had been hitting the gym 3 days a week for about a year and a half till I went on vacation in July. I pretty much haven't been back since and even when I do I'm just going through the motions. I need to get motivated and focused again. I'd like to put on about 15 lbs of muscle this fall/winter.

BluGold sent me a really good one- I can try to forward it to you later today if you want

BluGold sent me a really good one- I can try to forward it to you later today if you want

I think that link may be dead. Probably some copy write issues or some legal crap. That is a good one though. I hope it still works because I may get back onto that horse in a few months

I know that WCBM is working onto something for you. I have a bunch of really good workouts I have done. I like this one from Men's Health

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/5_Fast_Muscle_Building_Tips/The_Worlds_Smartest_Workout.php

I find the hardest part, for me personally, is getting to the gym. Once I get a few days under my belt I can't wait to get back but if I start to take a few days off its like the world ended and I figure welp might as well eat instead lol. I am almost 2 full weeks back into my next cycle, today is an ab day and then tomorrow is back and bi.

I find the hardest part, for me personally, is getting to the gym. Once I get a few days under my belt I can't wait to get back but if I start to take a few days off its like the world ended and I figure welp might as well eat instead lol. I am almost 2 full weeks back into my next cycle, today is an ab day and then tomorrow is back and bi.

The best trick I have to make myself get to the gym, and I know it's silly. I change my socks when I get home. From work socks to exercise socks. That way I know I'm getting to the gym because I don't want to waste the socks I just put on.

The best trick I have to make myself get to the gym, and I know it's silly. I change my socks when I get home. From work socks to exercise socks. That way I know I'm getting to the gym because I don't want to waste the socks I just put on.

I hear you, I like to go early, wakes me up and makes my days go better.

I hate going to the gym. I think this may be the answer:

images_zps4fcf52a5.jpeg

Anybody have any experience with a WaterRower or something similar?

Finally hit a milestone in my weight loss! After a week in Estes Park hiking most days, I've finally hit 60 lbs lost since I joined Weight Watchers. Now I have to keep going; 15 more lbs before the end of October!

Props man. I have lost 60 with weight Watchers this year also. Even when I get bad with tracking I still find myself making better decisions.

images_zps4fcf52a5.jpeg

No, but I have wondered about this, too. I have a heavy bag, tread mill and free weights, but I'm not really a tread mill running type of guy. Maybe a rowing machine would be just as good, and not suck like running does?

images_zps4fcf52a5.jpeg

I rowed in high school. I only have a little experience. But water rowers give the feel of rowing outside. But because there isn't a lot if water, you don't get a tone of resistance. The typically don't fold up either.

Air rowers can give you varying levels of resistance because air is compressible (water is not). Air rowers tend to take up less space and can fold away.

In reality, both are fantastic and rowing is one of the best exercises you can do. As long as you use perfect form.

No, but I have wondered about this, too. I have a heavy bag, tread mill and free weights, but I'm not really a tread mill running type of guy. Maybe a rowing machine would be just as good, and not suck like running does?

This is what I am hoping. I can do 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week. Just looking to get some cardio and a little core work.

I rowed in high school. I only have a little experience. But water rowers give the feel of rowing outside. But because there isn't a lot if water, you don't get a tone of resistance. The typically don't fold up either.

Air rowers can give you varying levels of resistance because air is compressible (water is not). Air rowers tend to take up less space and can fold away.

In reality, both are fantastic and rowing is one of the best exercises you can do. As long as you use perfect form.

Great info here, Is it tough to get the form down? I understand it is legs-core-arms then arms-core-legs going back. The WaterRower can stand upright when not in use so is shouldn't take up much space. I love the idea of getting the whole body involved in one exercise.

This is what I am hoping. I can do 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week. Just looking to get some cardio and a little core work.

Great info here, Is it tough to get the form down? I understand it is legs-core-arms then arms-core-legs going back. The WaterRower can stand upright when not in use so is shouldn't take up much space. I love the idea of getting the whole body involved in one exercise.

That's the sequence my man. Water rowers just give you the same resistance which is more real to life. With Air rowers you can vary the resistance which is great for training.

Back at it today and yesterday. Lifted chest and back yesterday and ran 4 miles today. Man am I out of shape. Finding it again though!

Back at it today and yesterday. Lifted chest and back yesterday and ran 4 miles today. Man am I out of shape. Finding it again though!

Also did chest yesterday but did my triceps as well, back and bi was today. Finishing it off with a leg workout tomorrow and then two days off and a shoulder day to finish my third week. Diet has been a little inconsistent but overall not derailing. Lifting more weight than I ever have before so I cannot complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back