Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

I played a round with bendalbey today, the second time we've played together. He sold his Mizunos this weekend and bought Altitudes. I hope Ben is okay with me saying this and takes no offense. One word came to mind watching him play these sticks instead of the Mizzies: transformational.

I played a round with bendalbey today, the second time we've played together. He sold his Mizunos this weekend and bought Altitudes. I hope Ben is okay with me saying this and takes no offense. One word came to mind watching him play these sticks instead of the Mizzies: transformational.

Its a solid word for these for a lot of people. Its all about taking that plunge. I was just thinking about it earlier as I was cleaning my man cave and found my i20 heads, I miss my i20's a lot sometimes because I just love them, but I can't deny the Altitudes for me right now. Just can't.

I hit one off the deck just for fun. 4 iron, no practice swing. 210 and straight as an arrow. Ponder has begun for 3-5 or maybe 6 iron.

I hit one off the deck just for fun. 4 iron, no practice swing. 210 and straight as an arrow. Ponder has begun for 3-5 or maybe 6 iron.

Just buy the whole set. You will thank me later.

Vegas.....#TeamAltitude

#justsaying

Just buy the whole set. You will thank me later.

Vegas.....#TeamAltitude

#justsaying
#wifewouldkillordivorcemeandgetthekids

#wifewouldkillordivorcemeandgetthekids

Nah, there is a set in the marketplace for the same price as the 3-6, and as Howzat said just tell her they are hyrons and you dont have any of those.

Played the altitudes for the first time today. The D for Dependable wedge may in act be the greatest iron ever made. Amazing club! The whole set was fantastic. I don't have them dialed in yet, but my iron play was well improved. What a great buy!

Nah, there is a set in the marketplace for the same price as the 3-6, and as Howzat said just tell her they are hyrons and you dont have any of those.
What??? I'm going to look right now! It's close to the end of the season, maybe close enough.

What??? I'm going to look right now! It's close to the end of the season, maybe close enough.

You take the scoring irons and I will take the long irons...just saying

Ou take the scoring irons and ill take the long irons...just saying

They are reg. flex shafts though, I believe I'll need stiff's.

That wouldn't work out for me anyway, I'm more interested in the longer irons in these than the scoring irons.

Headcovers for these? My bighead 4 is beating the heck out of my other clubs. Probably just use an old orphan sock for now but would like something cooler looking.

Try the Cleveland website, I thought I saw them there.

Try the Cleveland website, I thought I saw them there.

I'm there now configuring my 5i. Now I just need $98 to spend on it.

Not seeing headcovers but Golfsmiths website has them.

Strange that they aren't included with the club.

I'm there now configuring my 5i. Now I just need $98 to spend on it.

Not seeing headcovers but Golfsmiths website has them.

Strange that they aren't included with the club.

I absolutely LOVE seeing my Vegas Partner rocking more Hyrons. Yes. YUSSSS!

I absolutely LOVE seeing my Vegas Partner rocking more Hyrons. Yes. YUSSSS!

You better believe I'm going to hit your short irons to see if I like them.

You better believe I'm going to hit your short irons to see if I like them.

Combined with the CTL's, they have blown many minds in person so far. :alien:

I hit these a few times over the weekend. I noticed the "clunkiness" for the first swing or two, then after that it was gone. The Altitudes are fun and easy to hit. Felt like I was hitting them a mile too. Not sure what the stock shaft is, but the Miyazaki's in JBs felt good.

Combined with the CTL's, they have blown many minds in person so far. :alien:

True...its bonus time and I am pondering again.. Had another great day with the 3 Hyron with CTL, and just keep pondering how many more to add 4-6, 7, or just find a good deal and grab all. May hit a few this weekend with THP'er round Sunday.

I'm in hardcore ponder of a 4i for the bag, just can't figure out what graphite shaft to put in it. I'd love it if it could be close to my KK in my irons, but maybe just a tad heavier.

I hit these a few times over the weekend. I noticed the "clunkiness" for the first swing or two, then after that it was gone. The Altitudes are fun and easy to hit. Felt like I was hitting them a mile too. Not sure what the stock shaft is, but the Miyazaki's in JBs felt good.

Stock graphite shaft is a UST Mamiya made for Cleveland. Every bit as good as the Miyazaki if not better some would say.

Stock graphite shaft is a UST Mamiya made for Cleveland. Every bit as good as the Miyazaki if not better some would say.

Do the stock graphite shafts play true to flex? What kind of characteristics do they have?

Do the stock graphite shafts play true to flex? What kind of characteristics do they have?

They do.
Softer in the tip for a nice high ball flight, but I had no issue getting after it with them.

Back