THP Ultimate Club Testing w/ TaylorMade Golf

You guys really are going to have a blast. amsmith was my partner at the NE invitational and we had a fantastic day! Just make sure to tell him to tee the ball off his front foot! ;)

Oh trust me, I have that engrained into my head. It will be well before the 17th hole before I start driving the ball. :)

Looking forward to meeting the guys in my group!! Amsmith and O'Carroll, I'm not sure what the contest is or what the prize will be for the pairings, but I'll apologize for it now. Canadan, so pumped to be in your group in the first round. It'll be awesome to see what someone of your skill level can do with these clubs. You'll look at me and say, yeah, I remember when I was 6 and just learning to swing a club, I probably looked a lot like that. Maybe even height wise too, LOL. I am going to have an absolute blast and posting the pairings just made this event seem that much closer to fruition.

The only prize in the contest is getting a chance to play a round with you. I am looking forward to teeing it up with you on Saturday and throwing Coffee Crisps out in front of Dan while he tries to hit. :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to meeting the guys in my group!! Amsmith and O'Carroll, I'm not sure what the contest is or what the prize will be for the pairings, but I'll apologize for it now. Canadan, so pumped to be in your group in the first round. It'll be awesome to see what someone of your skill level can do with these clubs. You'll look at me and say, yeah, I remember when I was 6 and just learning to swing a club, I probably looked a lot like that. Maybe even height wise too, LOL. I am going to have an absolute blast and posting the pairings just made this event seem that much closer to fruition.

TB, I'm sure we'll all have our great shots and our bad shots out there. Ultra "Serious" golf and THP events rarely go hand in hand, so be prepared to enjoy yourself and have fun.

The only prize in the contest is getting a chance to play a round with you. I am looking forward to teeing it up with you on Saturday and throwing Coffee Crisps out in front of Dan while he tries to hit. :)

That's a dangerous game right there!! As long as they remain in packaging, I am good!

Just a heads up for those trying to travel via the shuttle, as Wongstongs and I are planning to come over to the resort together:

The shuttle goes from the airport at 5 and 7pm. We are both in after the five o'clock shuttle, so we're going to be stuck taking the 7pm one, which will make us late for the meet and greet.

Also, those heading back over on Sunday, the shuttle leaves at 2 and 4 and can be booked after you arrive. I would imagine myself and a number of guys will be on the 4 o'clock.

Just a heads up for those trying to travel via the shuttle, as Wongstongs and I are planning to come over to the resort together:

The shuttle goes from the airport at 5 and 7pm. We are both in after the five o'clock shuttle, so we're going to be stuck taking the 7pm one, which will make us late for the meet and greet.

Also, those heading back over on Sunday, the shuttle leaves at 2 and 4 and can be booked after you arrive. I would imagine myself and a number of guys will be on the 4 o'clock.

I shall be in the 4'oclock for sure!

Did you have to mention to them that you would have golf bags?

I shall be in the 4'oclock for sure!

Did you have to mention to them that you would have golf bags?

I didn't call, wongstongs did. I am just the relayer. I would imagine if they are a shuttle to a golf resort, they'd have a good mind that we'd have golf clubs, but ass-u-me I suppose.

Check with the airport, because cab fare split between the two of you might not be too bad.

I didn't call, wongstongs did. I am just the relayer. I would imagine if they are a shuttle to a golf resort, they'd have a good mind that we'd have golf clubs, but ass-u-me I suppose.

Sorry, only brought it up because on the site last night it mentioned calling if you had oversized bags.

I shall call and get it squared away.

Thanks for the heads up Sunday. If the shuttles are leaving at 2 and 4 on Sunday, I will either have to leave at 2 or take a taxi a little later. If anyone else has a flight around 5-6, and would interested in splitting a cab back to the airport - let me know.

Thanks for the heads up Sunday. If the shuttles are leaving at 2 and 4 on Sunday, I will either have to leave at 2 or take a taxi a little later. If anyone else has a flight around 5-6, and would interested in splitting a cab back to the airport - let me know.

I am not flying out until Monday morning, but will be staying at the airport hotel on Sunday night. I can split a cab back to the airport at any time if needed.

Okay guys. Here goes. The event on the first post was to be about the driver. You were to get a full fitting as well as the driver to review. That changed (as we have said in the thread). Rather than have you test out a driver that everybody already has and we could tell there were some feelings towards, we pushed hard to get this set up for early release irons.

We tried our best to be as upfront as possible that it would be standard OTR due to availability. Now I am hearing that people want to test drivers and get fit. So I have been on the phone all morning making calls and we will have a fitter there (one of the best in the country) along with TaylorMade to work with you guys.

The Fitter will be there to work with you. Your irons will still be standard off the rack. You can be fit for the driver if you choose. You will however not be testing that driver. While we might have some tricks up our sleeves with a few contests, we can tell you that you will not be getting both the fitted driver and the set of irons. You will receive the set of irons.

Im truly sorry that this event changed due to a release being moved up by the company. Its why we struggle to put info about events out early, because if they have to change, then people get upset. Yet when we don't put the info out early enough, its hard for people to make plans.

Listen guys, I mean this with all sincerity. We are trying our best to give you the weekend of your lives in an aspect that has never been done before (not just by THP, but by anybody). I know some of you were looking for a certain aspect that might have changed, but we firmly believe the event has evolved in something incredibly special.

Itinerary
Friday Night - Meet in Greet with THP & TaylorMade
Saturday Morning - Club Education and Fitting
Saturday Afternoon - Golf
Saturday Night - Night Golf w/ THP & TaylorMade
Sunday Morning - Golf

Sorry for the late quote, but I just wanted to say that everything has been amazing. And I mean EVERYTHING. Whether we were testing a driver, putter, iron set, or a towel, the time with THPers and this opportunity is amazing. You have absolutely no ground for apologies here JB as they are not warranted. Instead, we should be the ones apologizing to you for making you work so hard to make us happy (I know you love what you do, but still). Now lets go have some fun!

Sorry for the late quote, but I just wanted to say that everything has been amazing. And I mean EVERYTHING. Whether we were testing a driver, putter, iron set, or a towel, the time with THPers and this opportunity is amazing. You have absolutely no ground for apologies here JB as they are not warranted. Instead, we should be the ones apologizing to you for making you work so hard to make us happy (I know you love what you do, but still). Now lets go have some fun!

I cannot freaking wait to tee it up with you!

That made me laugh out loud. Can't wait. Darn Canadians and their Coffee Crisps. There must be something special about them up there. What are they, chocolate covered rum?

For those looking at those pairings and wondering where they came from?
Obviously we are awful people. No, I kid I kid.

Perhaps there are a few tricks up our sleeves after all.
Myself and someone from TaylorMade will be teeing it up in front of you guys on Saturday.
Beat our score and each member of the twosome that does will win something.

Remember JB this is a TaylorMade event. No Altitudes for you. And you can't play the new SpeedBlades either those are only for the 12 of us.

My flight lands just after 3pm so I'll be impatiently waiting for the 5pm shuttle. GRRR that will be the longest wait of my life.
My flight out is around 6 so I'll be on the 4pm back to the airport as well.
Do we each have to make our own shuttle arrangements? I thought so if for no other reason than for a head count. I don't think you can make one reservation and split shuttle costs so it'll be $45/head regardless. Maybe I'm wrong.

Check with the airport, because cab fare split between the two of you might not be too bad.
I thought I had read somewhere that cab fare was roughly $90-$95. More expensive but more flexibility on time if needed.

I think that should about cover it.

I saw this before glancing back at the pairings, then looked to see if it was real. And it is! Going to be a heck of a weekend! Cannot wait to partner with Just_Hacking Saturday and moparman (Even though I am a Ford guy) on Sunday. Excited is an understatement.

You can't help but love a guy who has "Winter is Coming" and Ned Stark holding a driver in regards to "The Grandaddy".

Can't wait to meet you too tpluff. We'll be taking the shuttle together as well.

Do we each have to make our own shuttle arrangements? I thought so if for no other reason than for a head count. I don't think you can make one reservation and split shuttle costs so it'll be $45/head regardless. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, it is $45 per head but you can book multiple people.

Just throwing out there I will have a car and my flight leaves around 7:30 pm on Sunday, so can take a couple guys to the airport if need be.

That made me laugh out loud. Can't wait. Darn Canadians and their Coffee Crisps. There must be something special about them up there. What are they, chocolate covered rum?

They are a big Kit Kat only better. I wouldn't do that to Dan, but I might bring down a few for JB to try and for some sidebetting during Night Golf. :)

They are a big Kit Kat only better. I wouldn't do that to Dan, but I might bring down a few for JB to try and for some sidebetting during Night Golf. :)

Oh I know what a coffee crisp is. But like JB (from previous posts) I don't understand what the fascination with them is. I think it's just a Canadian thing, LOL. But we will have them falling out of the cart like James Bond and a smokescreen or road tacks as it were.

haha just saw the pairings. You guys are in trouble now! G4L on Saturday and Jman on Sunday = trophies and prizes. It's just the way it is.

If I had my tinfoil hat on, I'd say my teammate assignments were some kind of Altitudes counter-marketing campaign :p

I am not sure if this was discussed before, but I want to make sure everyone is aware, this is a closed event. If you aren't part of the 12 guys that are signed up for this event, then unfortunately, you cannot be a part of this event in any capacity, even if you live in the area.

Just like we have done for outings in the past, this is just for the people who have paid to come to this event. TaylorMade has some special stuff planned for these guys, and unfortunately, we cannot allow anyone outside of these 12 guys to take part in any of the activities. I apologize if this upsets anyone, but I appreciate your understanding.

I want to quote myself here because I am not sure everyone saw this post, and I believe that there are a few people that are unhappy with what has been said here. I want to reiterate something in this post, and that is that this is a stay and play event, it is no different than when we had the outings, the first Ultimate Club testing, or how it's going to be in Vegas. We have always, and will always make the stay and play events exclusive to those who are paying to come to that event.

This is going to go back to the post I made in the Banter thread a few days ago, and maybe this will help clear things up here, although I have to say that it's a bit upsetting that I even have to say this in the first place. THP is a business, our events are run as a business, with a schedule of events, and hosted by a company. The company is gracious enough to take the time and resources to put on these grand events for you guys, and THP, as a business, works our butts off in conjunction with the company to make these as special as possible for those who attend.

Think of it like going to a sporting event, let's say a football game. You are free to tailgate with your buddies before and after the game, but while you are in the Stadium, it is ONLY for people with tickets. The 12 people who are a part of this event have tickets, and Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday morning golf is all taking place in the stadium. We aren't here trying to tell you that you can't see your friends who might be local, we are just saying that out of respect for the company, THP and the other people who have paid to come to this event, that you spend that time in the 'Stadium during the game' and have this amazing experience with these select 12 people.

It is NEVER our intention to hurt anyone's feelings, or make people feel like they aren't welcome, because the whole point of doing these events is to bring our members closer. But please understand that during a special event like this, it's for these 12 guys to bond. I really don't know how else to say it. If this is going to be an ongoing issue then we will just stop having these events. Hurting people's feelings is not what THP is about, but apparently that's what it's coming to, and if that's the case, then we will make drastic changes to 2014.

I assumed this was a given. Are there people trying to crash or something? Either way, hopefully this does not become an issue, that would be bizarre.

I want to quote myself here because I am not sure everyone saw this post, and I believe that there are a few people that are unhappy with what has been said here. I want to reiterate something in this post, and that is that this is a stay and play event, it is no different than when we had the outings, the first Ultimate Club testing, or how it's going to be in Vegas. We have always, and will always make the stay and play events exclusive to those who are paying to come to that event.

This is going to go back to the post I made in the Banter thread a few days ago, and maybe this will help clear things up here, although I have to say that it's a bit upsetting that I even have to say this in the first place. THP is a business, our events are run as a business, with a schedule of events, and hosted by a company. The company is gracious enough to take the time and resources to put on these grand events for you guys, and THP, as a business, works our butts off in conjunction with the company to make these as special as possible for those who attend.

Think of it like going to a sporting event, let's say a football game. You are free to tailgate with your buddies before and after the game, but while you are in the Stadium, it is ONLY for people with tickets. The 12 people who are a part of this event have tickets, and Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday morning golf is all taking place in the stadium. We aren't here trying to tell you that you can't see your friends who might be local, we are just saying that out of respect for the company, THP and the other people who have paid to come to this event, that you spend that time in the 'Stadium during the game' and have this amazing experience with these select 12 people.

It is NEVER our intention to hurt anyone's feelings, or make people feel like they aren't welcome, because the whole point of doing these events is to bring our members closer. But please understand that during a special event like this, it's for these 12 guys to bond. I really don't know how else to say it. If this is going to be an ongoing issue then we will just stop having these events. Hurting people's feelings is not what THP is about, but apparently that's what it's coming to, and if that's the case, then we will make drastic changes to 2014.

In other words "Ya Dance with who Brung YA!!" In this case THP is my dancing partner.

Don't see why there should be any problem, seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Just throwing out there I will have a car and my flight leaves around 7:30 pm on Sunday, so can take a couple guys to the airport if need be.

Canadan's flight is at 7:30pm too and I was planning on going back to the airport at the same time as him. How many seats do you have?

Back