2013 THP Sarasota Gauntlet Team Challenge

Can't wait to get the teams materialized so the smack talk can begin.
I can start right away if you want, based on that avatar. :laughing:

We are officially set at 24.

Way cool!

We are going to stress to everybody that has opted in this event, please make sure you are there. War Eagle and myself are making commitments and rather than take any money up front since it is not a sponsored THP event, we are putting ourselves and the entire basis of the gauntlet on the line. If someone is not going to be able to make it, please let us know asap so that we can fill the spot elsewhere or make other arrangements. Being that this is a 4 man team event (we will set the teams soon), someone not making it will put quite the damper on things.

^^^+1000^^^

With that out of the way, this is about to get fantastic.

Already there:banana:

I'm all for putting some cash up front to cement a commitment. Otherwise it inevitable that someone will back out because of travel plans, sick kid, forgot their wife was having a baby, etc. I truly hope this will hold together without issues as it is shaping up to be a very good event.

I heard the team I'm with already has it in the bag. No big deal, we don't like to talk about it.

Im gonna stay out of the smack talk....

For now....

I don't know about what's going to happen on the golf course. But, I fully expect to be Sarasota Gauntlet Sushi Champion 2013. Hopefully, there is a belt involved.

I don't know about what's going to happen on the golf course. But, I fully expect to be Sarasota Gauntlet Sushi Champion 2013. Hopefully, there is a belt involved.

Since I'll be sharing a hotel room with you please go easy on the wasabi. :)

Manlai! Buddy! I think I'll be needing a roomie! Probably have to fly Chicago as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Flying with clubs. Anything special I should do when transporting ? Train cover and stiff arm enough ? Insurance? Never taken my clubs with me flying

Flying with clubs. Anything special I should do when transporting ? Train cover and stiff arm enough ? Insurance? Never taken my clubs with me flying

Thanks for asking this dude because I would have just remembered this the day before I left. I've never traveled with my clubs either.

First time traveling with a soft case for me (previously used hard case but can't fit a staff bag in the one I had).

TM soft travel case
Stiff arm
Remove head from driver and carry in backpack

First time traveling with a soft case for me (previously used hard case but can't fit a staff bag in the one I had).

TM soft travel case
Stiff arm
Remove head from driver and carry in backpack

Solid stuff cookie. I fly a few times a year with my clubs. With soft cases a stiff arm is a must. I also remove driver head.

Stiff arm huh? Learn something new every day. Smart dude that invented that.

Do you stuff something in the bag to keep the irons from moving up and down? As well as for chatter?

I wrap a towel around the heads but it usually gets moved by TSA.

Is it socially acceptable to use iron head covers when traveling?

Do you stuff something in the bag to keep the irons from moving up and down? As well as for chatter?

I'm sure I will. And of course use those beautiful covers for my hyrons! Haha

Jealous of you guys right now.

Is it socially acceptable to use iron head covers when traveling?

My flying with clubs plan involves a Club Glove burst proof bag, a stiff arm, and iron covers. I've never removed the driver head as the stiff arm extends a few inches beyond it, but see it being a good idea.

Check with your airline to be sure but the TSA did change carry on rules earlier this year to allow up to 2 clubs to be carried on. If you have a club your concerned about carry it on and have the fight attendants store it in the closet during flight.

Traveling with clubs is a personal preference. Some people prefer a lot more "safety" things than me. But, to each his own.

I have a clubglove soft, padded bag. I do not use a strong arm, although I know that a lot of people do. I have hit sticks that are longer than my longest club, which seem to help. I took the head off of my driver for the first time ever this past weekend, but only because my driver now plays at 46" and is really long in the travel bag. I still keep the heads on my FWs. I usually wrap a towel around the club heads. It's hit or miss whether TSA leaves the towel there.

I've traveled with my clubs 15-20 times at this point and never had an issue. I try to relax about it and realize that really no matter what I do there's an element of chance, because you have a TSA employee going through your bag anyway.

ATL, Im the same as you. Never used a stiff arm. Use a soft sided travel bag. Never had an issue.

Traveling with clubs is a personal preference. Some people prefer a lot more "safety" things than me. But, to each his own.

I have a clubglove soft, padded bag. I do not use a strong arm, although I know that a lot of people do. I have hit sticks that are longer than my longest club, which seem to help. I took the head off of my driver for the first time ever this past weekend, but only because my driver now plays at 46" and is really long in the travel bag. I still keep the heads on my FWs. I usually wrap a towel around the club heads. It's hit or miss whether TSA leaves the towel there.

I've traveled with my clubs 15-20 times at this point and never had an issue. I try to relax about it and realize that really no matter what I do there's an element of chance, because you have a TSA employee going through your bag anyway.

ATL, Im the same as you. Never used a stiff arm. Use a soft sided travel bag. Never had an issue.
Thirded. The only that that has ever broken when I have been traveling...was my stiff arm.

Back